Business heavy routes

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Yep. I ran country routes and liked them, but I finished up my time in delivery in town with no regrets. Walked into one place at peak and the owner handed me $300, walked into another store and the manager handed me an empty shopping bag and said fill it up with whatever you want, on and on, I needed a wheel barrow to haul all my loot home at the end of the day.
The customer interaction can definitely be a positive, I still know all the people from my training route and legit get excited to go hook them up with good service

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Helped cure my social anxiety around females.
D45EB7FC-D75F-4C51-BC3D-F7C333EBEE74.gif

Is your name Raj?

PACNW

I had a heavy industrial route with 50 pick ups. Worked well when I was young and had young kids. I had much more control over my day. They liked having the pick ups back early, so I was off early and home with the family everyday. Very consistent. After 10 years my body wrecked everyday and although I had great relationships with all of my customers, maintaining those relationships, hearing the same stories, etc became mentally exhausting. No I am on a rural no business route. Never know how many 30 minute shags or long gravel roads I'll have that day, but I rarely have to see anyone and my body feels much better. Sometimes off at 6, sometimes at 10. I don't care, I just zombie out and get done when I get done. Stress free.

Whither

Scofflaw
Everything depends on the route. With business routes I generally prefer industrial, because most days you can clear plenty of space before it's time to fill up the pkg car again with pickups. (Double-tripping in a bulk van for the second car is best of all ... but lately some of those routes have turned into 3 trip affairs due to exceptionally heavy volume ...) That's often not the case with the lighter commercial routes, where it's a boatload of 1-20 piece stops, mostly front door deliveries and many with terrible parking options. However. Some of our industrial routes have been going out with 50-60 resis on top of 80 businesses and 30-45 pickups. Would never bid those routes.

My resi route has been averaging ~220 deliveries/70 miles since corona, as many as 270 and rarely below 200 stops ... talked with the seasonal (now a 22.4) who ran it during peak last year and said a heavy day was 200 stops lol ... but I sort it by 130 and it's smooth sailing. 5 pickup pieces is a heavy day. And after I complained about getting a different p700 every other day -- my steward told me to remind the dispatcher that company policy states that routes should keep the same equipment -- the route got a brand spankin new p800. Even came with a new tape gun lol. Dispatcher warned me, "I'm afraid it doesn't it have a DIAD cradle." I laughed and said, "Oh no! I'll get lost!" Cradle is such a distraction once you know a route.

Everything depends on the route. With business routes I generally prefer industrial, because most days you can clear plenty of space before it's time to fill up the pkg car again with pickups. (Double-tripping in a bulk van for the second car is best of all ... but lately some of those routes have turned into 3 trip affairs due to exceptionally heavy volume ...) That's often not the case with the lighter commercial routes, where it's a boatload of 1-20 piece stops, mostly front door deliveries and many with terrible parking options. However. Some of our industrial routes have been going out with 50-60 resis on top of 80 businesses and 30-45 pickups. Would never bid those routes.

My resi route has been averaging ~220 deliveries/70 miles since corona, as many as 270 and rarely below 200 stops ... talked with the seasonal (now a 22.4) who ran it during peak last year and said a heavy day was 200 stops lol ... but I sort it by 130 and it's smooth sailing. 5 pickup pieces is a heavy day. And after I complained about getting a different p700 every other day -- my steward told me to remind the dispatcher that company policy states that routes should keep the same equipment -- the route got a brand spankin new p800. Even came with a new tape gun lol. Dispatcher warned me, "I'm afraid it doesn't it have a DIAD cradle." I laughed and said, "Oh no! I'll get lost!" Cradle is such a distraction once you know a route.
I just put my DIAD on the summary screen so I don't have to look at the turn by turn display

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I misread, I thought he said he put it in the summary screen to see the whole route. I’m old, I don’t use turn by turn or orion.
I was trained running RDO without the MapNav. Mapnav is nice when you are out cold. Other than that it’s just annoying. Especially in the woods where most roads only have like 10-15 houses and you’ve been to every one of them multiple times

Est.1998

Big city so nothing rural. Business and PU routes are better because you can clear out most of the car early. Resi routes you are drowning in small single piece amazon stops for several hours. Most routes are a mix but a 50/50 split per package is ideal.
The thing i dislike more than those small amazon pkgs are the people who order those and will have the screen door locked. that's fine, i guess you prefer your pkg to be left on the porch with no welcome mat subjected to the wind.