Bussin FRFR no cap

Brown Down

If I have to pay the same Union dues as FT I might as well make the same weekly pay. Equal pay for equal work.
cool so how about since you work half the time you only get half the benefits? or did you forget those are the same as everyone working way more hours. And even without going there aren't you getting the same representation as us full timers?
so yeah i think the cost is just fine at 2x your ot rate. If you don't like it go put it as a proposal.

PT Car Washer

cool so how about since you work half the time you only get half the benefits? or did you forget those are the same as everyone working way more hours. And even without going there aren't you getting the same representation as us full timers?
so yeah i think the cost is just fine at 2x your ot rate. If you don't like it go put it as a proposal.
The PT benefits help to subsidize the FT benefits. Most young healthy PT don't even use their health care benefits. As far as representation you only have to look at the PT wages over the last 40 years. Went from industry leading wages to competition from fast food outlets for who pays more. I pay the same dues at my straight time rate, not my OT rate, as the FT car wash members.

Brown Down

The PT benefits help to subsidize the FT benefits. Most young healthy PT don't even use their health care benefits. As far as representation you only have to look at the PT wages over the last 40 years. Went from industry leading wages to competition from fast food outlets for who pays more. I pay the same dues at my straight time rate, not my OT rate, as the FT car wash members.
Just because they don't use it doesn't mean it's not there. That's beyond a dumb argument. No other PT job offers this that I am aware.
Wages aren't were they should be for us either.
3 sorry I was wrong it is straight time. Doesn't matter. You still get repetesented the same. The reason things suck more is you as the majority can't be bothered to voice your concerns, go to meeting, send in proposals, or even vote. Don't blame the people that donate of that for your own (PTers)laziness.

PT Car Washer

Just because they don't use it doesn't mean it's not there. That's beyond a dumb argument. No other PT job offers this that I am aware.
Wages aren't were they should be for us either.
3 sorry I was wrong it is straight time. Doesn't matter. You still get repetesented the same. The reason things suck more is you as the majority can't be bothered to voice your concerns, go to meeting, send in proposals, or even vote. Don't blame the people that donate of that for your own (PTers)laziness.
1 PT benefits subsidize the FT benefits. 2 Sorry if you have trouble living on $100k+. No other delivery driver job in the country comes close. Along with health care and a pension.
3 Never said the job sucks for me. I am making more money for the easiest job I have ever had in my life. All I am saying is equal pay for equal work.

Brown Down

No they don't. The fair labor standards act makes sure part time employees get the same benefits. And I'm pretty sure that was probably negotiated as full time benefits first.
Sorry to inform you but I can honestly retire at 25 years so no I can live just fine on way less than 100k.
And when are you going to tell the company you want a pay cut so others get equal pay? You want it so many up first.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
ay, so if an envelope rips in half and I deliver it do I get time credit/allowance for two packages or one? Sounds like a duplicate situation if I've ever heard of one.
Don't get disciplined for misdelivering that. If you end up in front of a panel it will surely be a split decision!