By Grace alone, through Faith alone, in Christ alone!

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
There aren't any splinter groups in the Catholic Church because God put a single Church on earth for a reason. The Pope ensures that all squabbles are kept at bay because of his authority. The Orthodox can't ever call a council again, there is no unity to be found among all of their communions, let alone the protestants, who are just lost AND stupid.
Protestants are just like Americans, they hate authority and can't see themselves submitting. Western Civilization has been in free fall since the Protestant revolution.
The Orthodox will eventually come back to Rome. They have the apostolic faith, the sacraments, validly ordained priests. Can't see the prots ever doing it, they have absolutely zero attachment to the faith. There is literally just nothing left for them.
I notice you offer zero scripture for everything you say. Blow on.

BigGuy2732

hs79cz1cfnw31.png

BigGuy2732

It's not my job to convince you of the truths of the Catholic Faith. My job is to inform, not convince. You're going to go to Hell because you're in a state of mortal sin and you need to receive absolution from it from a Catholic priest. (John 20:22)
You don't take the literal body and blood (John 6) which is necessary for grace to help workout your salvation.

You are cast off from God and he is repeatedly giving you the grace to convert to the one true faith. You either will or you won't. Arguments don't even do much, that's not what convinced me anyway.

BrownFlush

It's not my job to convince you of the truths of the Catholic Faith. My job is to inform, not convince. You're going to go to Hell because you're in a state of mortal sin and you need to receive absolution from it from a Catholic priest. (John 20:22)
You don't take the literal body and blood (John 6) which is necessary for grace to help workout your salvation.

You are cast off from God and he is repeatedly giving you the grace to convert to the one true faith. You either will or you won't. Arguments don't even do much, that's not what convinced me anyway.
You’ve informed me of nothing. You’ve answered nothing with the explanations I gave from scripture. You did say that the Bible is so above the common man, that we’re not qualified to understand it.
The scripture you quoted, the text is about as far from a Catholic priest doing anything to anyone as you can get.
Already explained John 6… Jesus was in no way talking about eating his body or drinking his blood.
This is no argument. This is a discussion about matters that have eternal consequences.
You got one thing right…You either will or you won’t.

BigGuy2732

to inform is to say: you have absolutely zero chance at attaining heaven without being subject to the roman pontiff.

i don't need to do anything else. that's literally it. you've got google, there's plenty out there to read up on. i don't engage in debates with protestants because i simply don't care and because arguments, especially anymore, rarely go anywhere. i don't need to quote scripture because i'm not a sola retarda. yes, that's exactly right, you aren't qualified to disseminate what scripture means if it is a defined dogma. real presence, dogma. assumption of mary into heaven, dogma. you can't argue these things, Christ's Vicar has declared them absolute and any departure from them is heresy.

you're just lost, man. you don't have the faith, you don't even deserve to mention the name of Christ because you hate his Church.

BrownFlush

to inform is to say: you have absolutely zero chance at attaining heaven without being subject to the roman pontiff.

i don't need to do anything else. that's literally it. you've got google, there's plenty out there to read up on. i don't engage in debates with protestants because i simply don't care and because arguments, especially anymore, rarely go anywhere. i don't need to quote scripture because i'm not a sola retarda. yes, that's exactly right, you aren't qualified to disseminate what scripture means if it is a defined dogma. real presence, dogma. assumption of mary into heaven, dogma. you can't argue these things, Christ's Vicar has declared them absolute and any departure from them is heresy.

you're just lost, man. you don't have the faith, you don't even deserve to mention the name of Christ because you hate his Church.
You and @Integrity have a lot in common. Neither one of you say anything worth addressing or discussing.
I wonder what the Lord’s Supper turns into when Biden takes it?…… That’s probably not in the Bible either, but then again, that doesn’t matter to you.
You take care now.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Acts chapter 2 causes me no shame.
It may not but I am of the opinion that the type and origin of the church you currently attend does.
It is the turning point in scripture.
I am of opinion that it was a turning point as well. I am of the opinion and believe that the indwelling of the Holy Spirit was a turning point in my walk with Jesus.

Careful now...You're showing yourself dishonest.
?
You've been asking me all kinds of questions like you are sincere in wanting to know an answer.
I sincerely want to know the type of church you currently attend.
Think. Think.....You can't restore something that hasn't already existed.
I don’t understand your statement.

Integrity

Binge Poster
If you ask the federal agent in your room, (siri or alexa) they both conclude that the Catholic Church was founded by Jesus Christ. Protestants get upset knowing that their churches are made by human hands. Only the Holy Spirit is found in a single Church on Earth.
I am of the opinion and believe that all sincere organized religion is inspired by God but made by man therefore flawed and full of imperfections.

I am of the opinion and believe that the true church is really only known by God Himself. The true church is all believers in God.

I am of the opinion and believe that God and God alone can only judge who is a believer or not.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I am of the opinion and believe that all sincere organized religion is inspired by God but made by man therefore flawed and full of imperfections.

I am of the opinion and believe that the true church is really only known by God Himself. The true church is all believers in God.

I am of the opinion and believe that God and God alone can only judge who is a believer or not.
You have definitely found common ground with me on this point.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yes, when looking for Bible Authority, the scriptures are clear , ask Siri or Alexa ...ROFL..Thanks man, that was the best.
I didn’t see where @BigGuy2732 was looking for Bible Authority. Actually I thought he made it clear about his opinion and belief about the importance of the Bible in his religious life.
You're right.
But, it's not Catholic.
I am of the opinion and believe the Holy Spirit in dwells all believers.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I get it man, you show up 1500 years later, with no connection to the True Faith at all because of rebellion, and you just can't accept the fact that you've separated yourself from the only church. Our Church Fathers are St Justin Martyr, St Augustine, St Ignatius of Antioch, St John Chrysostom, St Iranaeus, St Athanasius...

And you've got, who? Fat guys? Fat german guy who had misplaced anger and took it out on the Church by open rebellion over what could have been great reform? (And great reform did come, Council of Trent was BASED AND EPIC) and who is your other church father, another fat :censored2: who wanted to keep killing his wives? By your fruits you shall know them! LMAO! Forever scattered, in rebellion from dad, the eternal prodigal son who refuses to come back and make amends.
Let’s be nice guys.
@BigGuy2732, @BrownFlush ,

God loves you both!

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'll get roasted alive for jumping into the middle of this, but if I could just interject.

I think the constant conflict of the various sects of Christianity does it few favors.
Based on some of the comments, it seems like at least some of the participants of this thread might be getting emotional.

I think those who believe like their understanding of faith and Scripture is the One True Way, and that anyone who has differences of opinion is heretical seems to be putting an awful lot of faith in the understanding of man.

You end up with so many splinter groups who all focus on the differences between themselves rather than the beliefs that they share.

I don't know.
And I'm nowhere near as Biblically well versed as some of those in this thread. But I think that anger and derision at those who have differences of opinion does Christianity as a whole much more harm than good.
I love your post. I am of the opinion and believe that your statement really pleases God.

Integrity

Binge Poster
There aren't any splinter groups in the Catholic Church because God put a single Church on earth for a reason. The Pope ensures that all squabbles are kept at bay because of his authority. The Orthodox can't ever call a council again, there is no unity to be found among all of their communions, let alone the protestants, who are just lost AND stupid.
Interesting post.

It is my opinion that your opinion about Protestants is unkind. I am of the opinion and believe that it probably displeases God.

I believe God loves you anyway.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The Orthodox will eventually come back to Rome. They have the apostolic faith, the sacraments, validly ordained priests. Can't see the prots ever doing it, they have absolutely zero attachment to the faith. There is literally just nothing left for them.
It is my opinion that this is your opinion, not fact.