By Grace alone, through Faith alone, in Christ alone!

Non liberal

I noticed you failed to give it. Pleas quote the passage.

The only time faith ALONE / ONLY is in the Bible , James says it DOES NOT save.... 2:24
Romans 3:28 you are saved by faith alone. When you have true faith the works come with that. Other wise Christ dying on the cross to save us would be for nothing. We could just do a bunch of good deeds to get into heaven and he wouldn’t have had to die. Also, There are people who are very good, nice people who don’t believe Christ ever existed so good deeds won’t get them into heaven, right?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Romans 3:28 you are saved by faith alone.
What translation of the Bible are you quoting?
When you have true faith the works come with that. Other wise Christ dying on the cross to save us would be for nothing. We could just do a bunch of good deeds to get into heaven and he wouldn’t have had to die. Also, There are people who are very good, nice people who don’t believe Christ ever existed so good deeds won’t get them into heaven, right?

BigGuy2732

Sorry @BrownFlush. I don’t understand what there is for you to disagree with. The words are written right in the book.

James 2. Faith without works is dead. Works don’t earn your salvation, no Catholic claims that, but your sincere faith motivates works, by default. St Paul himself said lest he become a castaway, he knew that once saved always saved is bull:censored2:.

BigGuy2732

Martin Luther said you can murder 1000 times, and you will not lose your salvation. He also said he came up with the idea of justification by faith alone while he was on the toilet taking a 💩.

Non liberal

James 2. Faith without works is dead. Works don’t earn your salvation, no Catholic claims that, but your sincere faith motivates works, by default. St Paul himself said lest he become a castaway, he knew that once saved always saved is bull:censored2:.
Exactly what I said. You cannot be saved without faith. It is possible to be saved without works.

BigGuy2732

Protestantism is really sad. The Protestant sees himself as a pile of :censored2: in the snow, and Christ’s grace simply is tossed upon his to cover us up. In the Catholic faith, the only true faith, man was weakened by the fall, not ruined. The Catholic Faith encourages us through the use of the sacraments to transcend our imperfect nature and become perfect in this life. What a proposition, we can become perfect like our father in heaven! On this earth! Eg the saints.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Protestantism is really sad. The Protestant sees himself as a pile of :censored2: in the snow, and Christ’s grace simply is tossed upon his to cover us up. In the Catholic faith, the only true faith, man was weakened by the fall, not ruined. The Catholic Faith encourages us through the use of the sacraments to transcend our imperfect nature and become perfect in this life. What a proposition, we can become perfect like our father in heaven! On this earth! Eg the saints.
😂😂😂

BigGuy2732

Once saved always saved is cope for the people who have scruples. This is why Martin Luther came up with the doctrine. His errors came because he kept failing and committing mortal sins and rather than realize that we are imperfect and that God’s grace can transform us, he comes up with that the fall has ruined mankind and all we need is to profess faith in Christ for salvation. Wow. Pretty easy!

Integrity

Binge Poster
James 2. Faith without works is dead. Works don’t earn your salvation, no Catholic claims that, but your sincere faith motivates works, by default.
Is it your belief, based upon your understanding of James 2, that if someone doesn’t have any visible outward works then they have no faith?
St Paul himself said lest he become a castaway, he knew that once saved always saved is bull:censored2:.
Where did St Paul say this?

Are you Catholic?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Protestantism is really sad. The Protestant sees himself as a pile of :censored2: in the snow, and Christ’s grace simply is tossed upon his to cover us up.
I don’t think all Protestants believe this.
In the Catholic faith, the only true faith, man was weakened by the fall, not ruined. The Catholic Faith encourages us through the use of the sacraments to transcend our imperfect nature and become perfect in this life.
Where is this teaching found in Catholicism? I am interested.
What a proposition, we can become perfect like our father in heaven! On this earth! Eg the saints.
I believe Jesus is our righteousness.