By Grace alone, through Faith alone, in Christ alone!

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
we assembled the book
So? The inspired transcripts say nothing about a Roman Catholic Church. You'd think with such an opportunity someone would try to get some uninspired dogma about what you practice...but alas...Try harder.
the clergy of the Catholic Church are in a line of succession.
What a line of Papal contradictions it has been. Yeah, those guys are infallible. lol
All of the apostles are entombed in our churches.
Wow. Is there points for that? All of them? You sure? Means absolutely nothing.
All of the early pilgrimage sites are Catholic.
Sorry. Places where false teaching has been did nothing but decrease its value.
We have the faith, no one else does.
You sure do. Faith in all the wrong things. Faith that has no reward.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

The Bible was written by the Holy Spirit to be a book of opinions. As many people as there are, God has said there can be as many opinions and he will accept them all. The truth is whatever your opinion is. Fact or absolute truth is no where to be found in the scripture. The only fact is it's all opinion. --Integrity

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’'- Matthew 7:21-23

Fact: Better figure out what's in his will and do it if one is going to heaven.
Fact: Many are not doing his will ( lawlessness, without his authority , not in his will) and will be lost eternally.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
@BigGuy2732,

@ brown flush,

I am of the opinion that all religious institutions and the oral and written tradition of any religion or spiritual institutions, while inspired by God have their flaws. I believe this to be inherent in them because the human involvement in their origins.

I love the Catholic Church of my youth( I still attend to this day).

I love the “Protestant” Church of the last 27 years( I still attend to this day)

I love my spiritual program of action found in the program of Alcoholics Anonymous of the last 30 years(I still attend to this day).

It is my opinion and belief that all, while inspired by God, are human in institution and because of this they all are imperfect means of attempting to reach, understanding, know, and a perfect God.

The foundation of my faith is my opinion, and belief in God’s amazing love for the world, His amazing love for me, and His amazing love for you 2 too, through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus. All of my faith starts, proceeds, and ends withI believe and am of the opinion that He shows me this love day day, not exclusively through oral or written traditions and practices but through His Holy Spirit. Him alone.

I believe and am of the opinion that He shows me this love day day, not exclusively through oral or written traditions and practices but through His Holy Spirit.

All of this is my faith, believe and opinion based upon my experience strength and hope I have in the God of the Universe as I believe he reveals Himself to me.

Not fact.

I believe and am of the opinion that He shows me this love day day, not exclusively through oral or written traditions and practices but through His Holy Spirit.

BigGuy2732

The Bible doesn't have to say anything about the Catholic faith. The Bible, understood in its proper context, as confirmed by all the early church fathers, IS the Catholic Church. Of which without, no salvation can be attained. And the fewness of saved is already so small, I would wager something like 98 percent of Catholics go to Hell. Sucks to be on the outside!

The number of the elect is so small — so small — that, were we to know how small it is, we would faint away with grief: one here and there, scattered up and down the world

St. Louis Marie de Montfort

Integrity

Binge Poster
The Bible was written by the Holy Spirit to be a book of opinions. As many people as there are, God has said there can be as many opinions and he will accept them all. The truth is whatever your opinion is. Fact or absolute truth is no where to be found in the scripture. The only fact is it's all opinion. --Integrity
@BrownFlush,
Your words not mine.

You bear falsehood again.
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’'- Matthew 7:21-23
What is your point?
Fact: Better figure out what's in his will and do it if one is going to heaven.
Fact: Many are not doing his will ( lawlessness, without his authority , not in his will) and will be lost eternally.
It is my opinion that this above quote from you is your opinion and not fact.

BrownFlush

@BrownFlush,
It is my opinion and belief that you may be ashamed of the type and origins of the church you attend.
Acts chapter 2 causes me no shame. It is the turning point in scripture.
Careful now...You're showing yourself dishonest. You've been asking me all kinds of questions like you are sincere in wanting to know an answer.
Think. Think.....You can't restore something that hasn't already existed.

Last edited:

BigGuy2732

If you ask the federal agent in your room, (siri or alexa) they both conclude that the Catholic Church was founded by Jesus Christ. Protestants get upset knowing that their churches are made by human hands. Only the Holy Spirit is found in a single Church on Earth.

BrownFlush

The Bible doesn't have to say anything about the Catholic faith.
It's hard to comprehend what you believe. The Bible has nothing to say about the Catholic Church, but it's the church in the Bible?

The Bible, understood in its proper context, as confirmed by all the early church fathers, IS the Catholic Church.
Where in the Bible do "Church Fathers" confirm something in its proper context that's not in the Bible?
I gotta laugh, man. You're killing it!

BigGuy2732

I get it man, you show up 1500 years later, with no connection to the True Faith at all because of rebellion, and you just can't accept the fact that you've separated yourself from the only church. Our Church Fathers are St Justin Martyr, St Augustine, St Ignatius of Antioch, St John Chrysostom, St Iranaeus, St Athanasius...

And you've got, who? Fat guys? Fat german guy who had misplaced anger and took it out on the Church by open rebellion over what could have been great reform? (And great reform did come, Council of Trent was BASED AND EPIC) and who is your other church father, another fat :censored2: who wanted to keep killing his wives? By your fruits you shall know them! LMAO! Forever scattered, in rebellion from dad, the eternal prodigal son who refuses to come back and make amends.

BrownFlush

I get it man, you show up 1500 years later, with no connection to the True Faith at all because of rebellion, and you just can't accept the fact that you've separated yourself from the only church. Our Church Fathers are St Justin Martyr, St Augustine, St Ignatius of Antioch, St John Chrysostom, St Iranaeus, St Athanasius...

And you've got, who? Fat guys? Fat german guy who had misplaced anger and took it out on the Church by open rebellion over what could have been great reform? (And great reform did come, Council of Trent was BASED AND EPIC) and who is your other church father, another fat :censored2: who wanted to keep killing his wives? By your fruits you shall know them! LMAO! Forever scattered, in rebellion from dad, the eternal prodigal son who refuses to come back and make amends.
You answer nothing.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I'll get roasted alive for jumping into the middle of this, but if I could just interject.

I think the constant conflict of the various sects of Christianity does it few favors.
Based on some of the comments, it seems like at least some of the participants of this thread might be getting emotional.

I think those who believe like their understanding of faith and Scripture is the One True Way, and that anyone who has differences of opinion is heretical seems to be putting an awful lot of faith in the understanding of man.

You end up with so many splinter groups who all focus on the differences between themselves rather than the beliefs that they share.

I don't know.
And I'm nowhere near as Biblically well versed as some of those in this thread. But I think that anger and derision at those who have differences of opinion does Christianity as a whole much more harm than good.

BigGuy2732

There aren't any splinter groups in the Catholic Church because God put a single Church on earth for a reason. The Pope ensures that all squabbles are kept at bay because of his authority. The Orthodox can't ever call a council again, there is no unity to be found among all of their communions, let alone the protestants, who are just lost AND stupid.

BigGuy2732

Protestants are just like Americans, they hate authority and can't see themselves submitting. Western Civilization has been in free fall since the Protestant revolution.

BigGuy2732

The Orthodox will eventually come back to Rome. They have the apostolic faith, the sacraments, validly ordained priests. Can't see the prots ever doing it, they have absolutely zero attachment to the faith. There is literally just nothing left for them.