By Grace alone, through Faith alone, in Christ alone!

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Your opinions are not fact.
This is a fact. You will not answer a straight question.
I'll try again
Jesus makes a direct statement in John 14:6 in which he says that the only way to God is through him.

Do you believe that someone can get to God without going through Jesus Christ?

Integrity

Binge Poster
You contradict yourself. You just quote Jesus then equivocate on whether or not someone who believes in another way to the Father is correct. Of course they’re not correct! You say I can’t judge! You can point it out! They are doomed and you wave your limp wrist at them. I can’t tell you what to do you bleat! Letting them know they are wrong isn’t judging it’s educating. Just what scripture is for.
@Unionstrong ,
It is unclear if this reply is intended for @BrownFlush, @Integrity, or both. Would you please help clear this up?

Integrity

Binge Poster
That is not a fact. You yet again bear a falsehood against @Integrity.

I think if anyone on this site who has observed some of my 11+ years of participating on the BC or anyone just spectating on some of the discussions between you and I can see the facts for themselves.

These are the true verifiable facts:

While it is a fact that at times I don’t answer direct questions it is equally a fact that at times I do answer direct questions.
I'll try again
Jesus makes a direct statement in John 14:6 in which he says that the only way to God is through him.

FYI
This question you asked came up in my mind and spirit this morning while I was meditating on God.

It is true I did not directly answer it. I do believe I may take a stab at talking about this question a bit more but it will have to wait for later. I am very busy today and probably won’t get to visit the BC again until later.

Have a nice day!

BrownFlush

I think if anyone on this site who has observed some of my 11+ years of participating on the BC or anyone just spectating on some of the discussions between you and I can see the facts for themselves.

While it is a fact that at times I don’t answer direct questions it is equally a fact that at times I do answer direct questions.

FYI
This question you asked came up in my mind and spirit this morning while I was meditating on God.

It is true I did not directly answer it. I do believe I may take a stab at talking about this question a bit more but it will have to wait for later. I am very busy today and probably won’t get to visit the BC again until later.

Have a nice day!

BrownFlush

FYI

Have a nice day!
It's rare that someone contradicts themselves in the same post, so congrats.
11 years? This thread alone is sufficient to see your avoidance of straight discussion.

The Question. Oh, it's a tough one for sure. Lot of thought, prayer, and meditation needs to go in it before one should answer.
Two responses are possible with only one being correct.
Oh, but the repercussions that must be weighing heavy on your mind.
If you answer no, you will be consistent and will not offend anyone who thinks there is another way to God.
If you answer yes, think of the countless people you will offend.
What to do? What to do....My, oh, my.

Integrity

Binge Poster
It's rare that someone contradicts themselves in the same post, so congrats.
Falsehood again by @BrownFlush
11 years?
Yes, I joined the BC on Dec 4, 2009.
This thread alone is sufficient to see your avoidance of straight discussion.
I post and reply as I see fit, seeking to adhere to the BC TOS. I decide how I will post within the TOS and how directly I will answer or not answer questions directed at me. It really is that simple.

How directly I answer questions is usually related to my opinion about what I believe to be the motive behind the question.

When I feel the motive behind question is just meant to entrap with words, ensnare, or attempt to discredit then I am much more prone to give an answer that takes this into consideration. These types of answers are usually less direct.

The Question. Oh, it's a tough one for sure. Lot of thought, prayer, and meditation needs to go in it before one should answer.
Two responses are possible with only one being correct.
Oh, but the repercussions that must be weighing heavy on your mind.
If you answer no, you will be consistent and will not offend anyone who thinks there is another way to God.
If you answer yes, think of the countless people you will offend.
What to do? What to do....My, oh, my.
That might be the case if a direct no or yes is given, but I really believe my answer to your question will probably not be as direct as you would like it.

BrownFlush

When I feel the motive behind question is just meant to entrap with words, ensnare, or attempt to discredit then I am much more prone to give an answer that takes this into consideration. These types of answers are usually less direct.
I'm being kind when I say you're hilarious.
Less direct? A simple yes or no from you is the only way it can be answered.
Jesus made a direct statement. The question simply is asking do you agree with Jesus or disagree with Jesus when he says that the only way to God is through/by him. No trap or snare has been set.
This is no trick question.

That might be the case if a direct no or yes is given, but I really believe my answer to your question will probably not be as direct as you would like it.
Shocking.
How I like it doesn't matter.
But, the way you're dragging this out proves what I've been saying all along.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'm being kind when I say you're hilarious.
Duly noted.
Less direct? A simple yes or no from you is the only way it can be answered.
That is your opinion, my opinion is that it doesn’t have to be answered with a simple yes or no.
Jesus made a direct statement.
No comment at this time.
The question simply is asking do you agree with Jesus or disagree with Jesus when he says that the only way to God is through/by him.
You changed the question, the question you asked was:

No trap or snare has been set.
This is no trick question.
What is your motive for the original question then?
Shocking.
How I like it doesn't matter.
But, the way you're dragging this out proves what I've been saying all along.
That is your opinion, my opinion is it is you who is dragging this out, you seem to be dissatisfied and/or in opposition to some of the replies I am giving you.

BrownFlush

Duly noted.

That is your opinion, my opinion is that it doesn’t have to be answered with a simple yes or no.

No comment at this time.

You changed the question, the question you asked was:

What is your motive for the original question then?

That is your opinion, my opinion is it is you who is dragging this out, you seem to be dissatisfied and/or in opposition to some of the replies I am giving you.
You take care now.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You missed the question. Let me ask it another way.
Do you believe there is another way to God other than through Jesus Christ?

I believe God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. I believe in God, through Jesus Christ, by the power of the Holy Spirit.

I'll try again

FYI

Have a nice day!
FYI
I didn’t answer the question directly because I believe the question was asked for the wrong reasons and poorly worded.

I believe the question was reminiscent of the Pharisee’s questions meant to harm, entrap, ensnare or discredit.

It is my opinion that the only reason @BrownFlush asked the question was to quarrel and or discredit me.

If someone were to genuinely ask me the way I am going and why, because they sincerely wanted to know I would gladly share.

That is really what was going on in the verse that @BrownFlush referenced. It was a conversation between Thomas and Jesus, Jesus informed Thomas he was going, Thomas genuinely wanted to go where Jesus was going, Jesus told him the way.

I believe it is important to note that Thomas was a disciple of Jesus and I think that factors in to how Jesus spoke to him.

I would not phrase the question the way @BrownFlush nor would I answer it in public forum. I believe it may do more harm for the cause of God than good.

BrownFlush

FYI
I didn’t answer the question directly because I believe the question was asked for the wrong reasons and poorly worded.

I believe the question was reminiscent of the Pharisee’s questions meant to harm, entrap, ensnare or discredit.

It is my opinion that the only reason @BrownFlush asked the question was to quarrel and or discredit me.

If someone were to genuinely ask me the way I am going and why, because they sincerely wanted to know I would gladly share.

That is really what was going on in the verse that @BrownFlush referenced. It was a conversation between Thomas and Jesus, Jesus informed Thomas he was going, Thomas genuinely wanted to go where Jesus was going, Jesus told him the way.

I believe it is important to note that Thomas was a disciple of Jesus and I think that factors in to how Jesus spoke to him.

I would not phrase the question the way @BrownFlush nor would I answer it in public forum. I believe it may do more harm for the cause of God than good.
You've wrote two novels to keep from answering a simple yes or no question. It's painfully obvious why you don't.
I tried to help you bow out gracefully, (you take care of yourself ) but yet you continue.
Oh yes, as Christians, followers of the Christ, agreeing with or repeating what Jesus says always does more harm than good. SMH

Integrity

Binge Poster
You've wrote two novels to keep from answering a simple yes or no question.
In my opinion what I wrote would not fit the description of “two novels”.
It's painfully obvious why you don't.
I am glad my explanation made it obvious to you. I am sorry it was painful to you.
I tried to help you bow out gracefully, (you take care of yourself ) but yet you continue.
Not sure what this means but you actually said “ you take care now” not “you take care of yourself.”

Not trying to be so picky but I do notice that you have a bit of a habit of rewording what is said in discussion, you even reword yourself.

Suggestion, when you are looking to use a quote in a discussion, it is my opinion the quote should be exactly what was said.
Oh yes, as Christians, followers of the Christ, agreeing with or repeating what Jesus says always does more harm than good. SMH
Again you try to misrepresent what was said.

Agreeing with or repeating the wording of your question and the manner and reason for it, is what I believe can possibly do more harm than good. I am very cautious when I hear things that remind me so much of the Pharisees of the Bible.

You may want to read Matthew 22.

This is where I learned of a possible way to handle a question that I believe has bad motives. I tried to model my response to you after this example.

To close, you asked in a previous post, and I quote “Do you believe there is another way to God other than through Jesus Christ?”

What was your purpose, motive or reason for asking me that question?

BrownFlush

In my opinion what I wrote would not fit the description of “two novels”.

I am glad my explanation made it obvious to you. I am sorry it was painful to you.

Not sure what this means but you actually said “ you take care now” not “you take care of yourself.”

Not trying to be so picky but I do notice that you have a bit of a habit of rewording what is said in discussion, you even reword yourself.

Suggestion, when you are looking to use a quote in a discussion, it is my opinion the quote should be exactly what was said.

Again you try to misrepresent what was said.

Agreeing with or repeating the wording of your question and the manner and reason for it, is what I believe can possibly do more harm than good. I am very cautious when I hear things that remind me so much of the Pharisees of the Bible.

You may want to read Matthew 22.

This is where I learned of a possible way to handle a question that I believe has bad motives. I tried to model my response to you after this example.

To close, you asked in a previous post, and I quote “Do you believe there is another way to God other than through Jesus Christ?”

Make that three novels.
You take care now.

BrownFlush

@BrownFlush,

You asked in a previous post, and I quote “Do you believe there is another way to God other than through Jesus Christ?”

Purpose?
To hear a yes or no answer from you.
"For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels." Luke 9:26
You take care now.

Last edited: