Cach brokers

Inthegame

To be fair, brokers have been moving loads to and from CACH since day 1 and many moves are not violations. Unfortunately it's nearly impossible for members to determine who's who.
Add in the fairy tale of Coyote only being used at peak and there is a real problem somebody in the leadership of the IBT better be thinking about, or they won't be in leadership too much longer.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
They are trying to train new feeder drivers but they only have so many in road sups and the training is one on one...they need to have qualified feeder drivers do some training of new folks...
Good luck finding people who are willing to do it. Absolutely love the idea. I think it's fantastic. But there are too many people like Mr BUG up his butt that snub their nose at the idea.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed? The guy's trying to get more Teamsters on the payroll and you belittle him? That is a WOW.

You are absolutely correct. Those weren't very well spoken comments.

I owe @Coldworld an apology.

I think bug misunderstood what @Coldworld was saying...

I may have read too much into it. It's easy to do on the internet.

What I could have conveyed better, is my opposition to employees doing

the job of management. Just as I don't like seeing safety committee members

sitting down the street, and observing pkg car drivers leaving the building.

And the next day at the PCM.... trying to call people out.

Another one is, when they try to tell pkg drivers it's their responsibility

to train driver helpers during peak on the use of the DIAD. I say BS.

There is no personal liability attached for driver trainers. If the IBT thought as you've responded, why does NM Art 6 Sec 5 exist.

The company briefly tried driver trainers in my Local for pkg. (years ago)

It didn't pan out for them, because the wanted to use "hand selected" people.

IE: "hand selected" meaning (company) sympathetic people that were

safety committee, or ones that washed out of the process for management.

They didn't want to respect seniority and lost.... then killed it.

I think he may be having a bad month?

Hey,

I'm entitled to moments. :biggrin:

You read something.. fire off a retort.. read it later.. and have clearer thoughts.

It's not an excuse. Just a fact of life.

But.... you have to own it. For that, I owe @Coldworld an apology.

-Bug-

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Bargaining unit trainers is a great concept. The company has always abused the actual plan when given the chance and yes, always used mgmt wanna be types.

I had one of their safety committee guys tell me one day what he observed on me and I gave him an earful about the data he was collecting not to be on individuals but on the group as a whole and anonymous. I asked him to either go into mgmt or forget about approaching any drivers with that bs. Then I let the center mgr know it was inappropriate and would be grieved in the future. It stopped dead.

Inthegame

You are absolutely correct. Those weren't very well spoken comments.

I owe @Coldworld an apology.

I may have read too much into it. It's easy to do on the internet.

What I could have conveyed better, is my opposition to employees doing

the job of management. Just as I don't like seeing safety committee members

sitting down the street, and observing pkg car drivers leaving the building.

And the next day at the PCM.... trying to call people out.

Another one is, when they try to tell pkg drivers it's their responsibility

to train driver helpers during peak on the use of the DIAD. I say BS.

The company briefly tried driver trainers in my Local for pkg. (years ago)

It didn't pan out for them, because the wanted to use "hand selected" people.

IE: "hand selected" meaning (company) sympathetic people that were

safety committee, or ones that washed out of the process for management.

They didn't want to respect seniority and lost.... then killed it.

Hey,

I'm entitled to moments. :biggrin:

You read something.. fire off a retort.. read it later.. and have clearer thoughts.

It's not an excuse. Just a fact of life.

But.... you have to own it. For that, I owe @Coldworld an apology.

-Bug-
Here, here...now there's the BUG I know!

I share your safety committee concerns, and for those reasons our local requests stewards be involved on safety committees and be watchful so the chicanery doesn't even start. As MC stated NO NAMES!

We also did the driver training thing years ago but demanded seniority be honored. Most of our trainers (not all) were Circle of Honor, therefore higher seniority drivers. It actually was fairly successful here with many new drivers hired, but of course since it worked well UPS has discontinued the practice.

Foolishness to not utilize such a valuable resource.

GameCockFan

Good luck finding people who are willing to do it. Absolutely love the idea. I think it's fantastic. But there are too many people like Mr BUG up his butt that snub their nose at the idea.
I was trained by another teamster feeder driver. Got trained much better than the sups would have. I like he idea. Plus he got an extra .50/hr

barnyard

KTM rider
I was trained by another teamster feeder driver. Got trained much better than the sups would have. I like he idea. Plus he got an extra .50/hr

That is the way all the feeders used to be trained in my building. The guy that did the training in my building trained me for shifting.