Cadillac Health Care Plan

airbusfxr

Just heard that our union hammered out a deal to keep our health care Untaxable and Untouched till 2017. Now if you are 50 maybe you will be able to retire but if your 30 it seems that we will have to bargin with UPS to get them to pay part of the taxes. Seven years can be a short time and I suggest that everyone start sending Hoffa and his crew ideas on the 2013 contract and make sure there is a clause that protects you throughout the term of the agreement. UPS can afford to pay for our health care and with the latest cuts in overstaffed districts this should free enough money for the workers health care.

Last edited:

unionman

Just heard that our union hammered out a deal to keep our health care Untaxable and Untouched till 2017. Now if you are 50 maybe you will be able to retire but if your 30 it seems that we will have to bargin with UPS to get them to pay part of the taxes. Seven years can be a short time and I suggest that everyone start sending Hoffa and his crew ideas on the 2013 contract and make sure there is a clause that protects you throughout the term of the agreement. UPS can afford to pay for our health care and with the latest cuts in overstaffed districts this should free enough money for the workers health care.
So there back at the table? what happened to the Warren final proposal?

brownIEman

awesome. So our costs relative to our competitors will continue to increase. We will likely stay profitable, but at the cost of raising prices. Which of course will ensure that we continue (not start mind you but continue) to bleed market share, volume, and jobs to our competition for the forseable future.

airbusfxr

So there back at the table? what happened to the Warren final proposal?
Unionman, I meant the big union met with Big O over the week and hammered a deal to keep union members that make over a certain amount to keep from paying taxes till 2017. I heard the warden showed up at a training class and got a rude welcoming by every class. He just cried about Nov service failures with "his" fleet of short hop Maddogs. I was also told that 9 757's are going and some small gateways will have turns instead of overdayers. I was also told that there would be another round of run offs of our members. I figure that we will wait till October and let someone else give it a try.

bbsam

Staff member
awesome. So our costs relative to our competitors will continue to increase. We will likely stay profitable, but at the cost of raising prices. Which of course will ensure that we continue (not start mind you but continue) to bleed market share, volume, and jobs to our competition for the forseable future.
LOL. Yes, yes all true and thank-you.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Just heard that our union hammered out a deal to keep our health care Untaxable and Untouched till 2017
yup, till they get it passed. then all bets are off. look for it to change as the bastards in power are only interested in gaining more power through taxing more people for more money on things that have never been taxed before.

watch as obama in his haste to tax and spend ends up being catalyst that brings the end to the unions as we know them today.

d

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm surprised that the Dems. who always want things equally distributed (ie:wealth) would strike a deal with unions so that they don't have their health plans taxed, but everybody else's will be taxed. Doesn't sound fair & equal to me.

unionman

I'm surprised that the Dems. who always want things equally distributed (ie:wealth) would strike a deal with unions so that they don't have their health plans taxed, but everybody else's will be taxed. Doesn't sound fair & equal to me.

people making over 500,000 isn't your average person and they have been getting huge concessions from the pharma and HMO companies. This thing could come out smelling like a rose but Republicans would still say its wasted money.

These kind of deals didn't start with the unions, they started with giving concessions to various states in exchange for votes for the HC bill. This deal was for continued support from the union.

moreluck

golden ticket member
So it seems that this healthcare plan is great ....unless it applies to you, then you need to get an exemption. Something's rotten in Denmark!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
the Amish are exempt.
I don't mind giving up some luxuries to join and I'll be helping the planet too.
Of course my deliveries will now all be late, since I'll be done to a 1 or 2 horsepower driven wagon.

Anytime Government thinks they can do it better, the people being governed need to ask them (government) to point to an agency that has competition from the public where the government agency is better managed and more profitable.
They won't be able to point to anything but another failed attempt by the government to operate an agency at a profit.
In 10 years we will all rue the day we let the government control our medical destiny.
May god have mercy on us, the government won't!
We have become pathetic as a people, wanting the government to fix all our problems. We need to fix the government. Our public servants have gotten to the point where instead of them benefiting the citizens, they benefit themselves at our expense.
Public servants should NOT have access to better insurance plans than anyone else if this crappy bill passes, but they will. We have become a nation of sheep.
It's disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kraetos

Preload, Loader
Ronald Reagan once said and I'm paraphrasing, 'The scariest words you can ever hear come out of a person's mouth are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Ronald Reagan once said and I'm paraphrasing, 'The scariest words you can ever hear come out of a person's mouth are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Unless you are at UPS and then the scariest words are, "I'm from I.E. and I'm here to help."

airbusfxr

Unless you are at UPS and then the scariest words are, "I'm from I.E. and I'm here to help."
Your right, the first joke I heard at UPS was, IE and LP, they will $%&* you and give you the run-a-round. Never forgot that. OBTW, I watched that Cavuto clown on Fox yesterday and his buddy Forbes was really upset about the CHC plan for union members. These rich, fat cats, do not understand that union members are the one keeping these mismanaged companies running. Forbes made me think that he is just a rich republican and he hates anyone that has an iron clad contract. Just think if we had Div Mgrs and Center mangers driving, flying, sorting, loading, and repairing vehicles.

Last edited: