CAFE standards kill

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Global 'collapse' in number of new coal-fired power plants

Here’s the problem. Changing the standards has only a short term positive overall and puts the US at a disadvantage long term.

The world isn’t changing their path forward. So it the US simply supposed to let the world pull ahead in efficiency?

Same thing happened in coal as illustrated above. Lowering standards really didn’t help the coal industry because the world has moved on already and the Trump administration wants to go in reverse in order to MAGA.

What automotive CEO will risk his companies future on the regulatory whims of a president?
Yeah Man! The Chinese and India are building more and more coal powered plants.

BrownArmy

Is that your opening to a discussion?

Ok.

Almost everything posted is wrong.

California isn’t punishing the poor, lighter materials don’t necessarily lead to a higher rate of fatalities, etc.

On and on.

Quit while you’re ahead.

Explain to me what Trump knows that all major car companies in America don’t know, because the car companies were just fine with CAFE, and will probably stick with CA’s metrics and ignore the orange Prez?

Oh right.

Trump is on his knees deep-throating both the Oil Industry and Saudi Arabia.

Gobble gobble.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

Ok.

California isn’t punishing the poor, lighter materials don’t necessarily lead to a higher rate of fatalities, etc.

On and on.

Quit while you’re ahead.

Explain to me what Trump knows that all major car companies in America don’t know, because the car companies were just fine with CAFE, and will probably stick with CA’s metrics and ignore the orange Prez?

Oh right.

Gobble gobble.
Your posts?
It's nice of you to admit it.

BrownArmy

Your posts?
It's nice of you to admit it.

I mean, jump in, without nonsense.

I have no issue with CA’s regulations, technically a waiver granted years ago.

You’re a business guy, why do you think auto companies are going to stick with the CA rules, no matter what Trump does?

And, on the flip side, why do you think Trump is taking the actions he’s taking?

This isn’t ‘fake news’, it’s a President beholden to lobbyists against economic and environmental sense.

Thoughts?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I mean, jump in, without nonsense.

I have no issue with CA’s regulations, technically a waiver granted years ago.

You’re a business guy, why do you think auto companies are going to stick with the CA rules, no matter what Trump does?

And, on the flip side, why do you think Trump is taking the actions he’s taking?

This isn’t ‘fake news’, it’s a President beholden to lobbyists against economic and environmental sense.

Thoughts?
Not right now, this is the first I've heard of this and Rule #1 is ... everyone in Current Events is a liar.

El Correcto

god is dead

Ok.

On and on.

Quit while you’re ahead.

Oh right.

Gobble gobble.
See fren, you just deny deny deny, ORANGE MAN BAD.

El Correcto

god is dead
upload_2019-9-19_14-55-13.jpeg

Go green.

You filthy peasants want safer cars, learn to afford carbon fiber super cars with big turbos on little engines.