CAFE standards kill

El Correcto

god is dead
Meaning?

At least Barry relied on science, and rational advisors, instead of fashioning himself as a Dictator that doesn’t need advice, because he ‘knows it all’.

Gimme a break.
I don’t need a guy who majored in noises and non sense explaining sciences and a political agendas to me.

bbsam

Staff member
Global 'collapse' in number of new coal-fired power plants

Here’s the problem. Changing the standards has only a short term positive overall and puts the US at a disadvantage long term.

The world isn’t changing their path forward. So it the US simply supposed to let the world pull ahead in efficiency?

Same thing happened in coal as illustrated above. Lowering standards really didn’t help the coal industry because the world has moved on already and the Trump administration wants to go in reverse in order to MAGA.

What automotive CEO will risk his companies future on the regulatory whims of a president?

El Correcto

god is dead
What happened to 'States Rights'?
I completely agree with it.

I have no problem with California punishing the poor by pricing them out of vehicles, increasing the death count in automobile accidents with lighter flimsy materials and destroying their local economy to show allegiance to their progressive cult beliefs.

Carry on dum dums.

BrownArmy

Global 'collapse' in number of new coal-fired power plants

Here’s the problem. Changing the standards has only a short term positive overall and puts the US at a disadvantage long term.

The world isn’t changing their path forward. So it the US simply supposed to let the world pull ahead in efficiency?

Same thing happened in coal as illustrated above. Lowering standards really didn’t help the coal industry because the world has moved on already and the Trump administration wants to go in reverse in order to MAGA.

What automotive CEO will risk his companies future on the regulatory whims of a president?

No auto manufacturers want this.

In fact, they’ll probably stick with the CA Standards, because they’re in business, and they know the market better than Trump.

They need to compete with the rest of the world.

Shocker, we have an idiot businessman trying to impose anti-business regulations on businesses.

BrownArmy

People cried endlessly about catalytic converters.

‘It’s the end of auto manufacturing in America!’...

Lol, it created more jobs and helped the environment.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
It doesn't have to be ... we could discuss the merits rather than use it as another left-wing attack on Trump. :blink:
f7843903d860e1529a25879576e186cb--self-pity.jpg

That poor picked upon man, how does he survive.....bless his little heart