California 1st State to provide healthcare to Illegals

Babagounj

Strength through joy
about $100 million for illegals to provide healthcare . they will get the money by fining legal citizens that don't have healthcare.

this is just the tip. we taxpayers already pay them for food stamps ER care and a slew of other social programs. How ??????

my daughter pays $1200 a month for healthcare for a family of 4 . It's practically killing them.

i just don't get it. Once it starts in Cali it will be coming to your state soon.
I already have to deal with Romney Care.

rickyb

about $100 million for illegals to provide healthcare . they will get the money by fining legal citizens that don't have healthcare.

this is just the tip. we taxpayers already pay them for food stamps ER care and a slew of other social programs. How ??????

my daughter pays $1200 a month for healthcare for a family of 4 . It's practically killing them.

i just don't get it. Once it starts in Cali it will be coming to your state soon.
maybe everyone will get healthcare for all soon ;) a majority of americans want it.

1200 a month, what a rip off.

the most ive ever paid for healthcare per month is $50 or so.

bacha29

how much is that? obama copied romney care.
You're right about that. Obamacare is RomneyCare. In fact instead of ObamaCare Ted Kennedy offered Medicare for all as an alternative. Like the current Medicare plan it would provide a basic level of coverage and if you wanted more you could go into the insurance markets and buy more. I have Medicare and a Medicare Advantage Plan. All they ask is that I follow the wellness protocol. In fact I went out today for a Previnar 13 injection and when the shingles vaccine comes in I get that injection too. And later this year a colonoscopy. Yes there's still a little out of pocket but easily manageable .
The state governor's and legislatures that refuse to accept the expanded Medicaid program.....well that's between them and the people who put them in office.

rickyb

You're right about that. Obamacare is RomneyCare. In fact instead of ObamaCare Ted Kennedy offered Medicare for all as an alternative. Like the current Medicare plan it would provide a basic level of coverage and if you wanted more you could go into the insurance markets and buy more. I have Medicare and a Medicare Advantage Plan. All they ask is that I follow the wellness protocol. In fact I went out today for a Previnar 13 injection and when the shingles vaccine comes in I get that injection too. And later this year a colonoscopy. Yes there's still a little out of pocket but easily manageable .
The state governor's and legislatures that refuse to accept the expanded Medicaid program.....well that's between them and the people who put them in office.
problem here is funding. govt cuts taxes on the rich, and theres class warfare like any country.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
how much is that? obama copied romney care.
There is a provision in it that reads if you make to much to apply for free health care and do not buy private insurance , you could be looking at jail time. { many are in this situation already, they make to much to apply for the cheap insurance, but paying for private insurance is too costly. Many have found out that the choice becomes to go without insurance because paying for it leaves no funds left to live on }

rickyb

There is a provision in it that reads if you make to much to apply for free health care and do not buy private insurance , you could be looking at jail time. { many are in this situation already, they make to much to apply for the cheap insurance, but paying for private insurance is too costly. Many have found out that the choice becomes to go without insurance because paying for it leaves no funds left to live on }
yea but thats what america is all about 5% of world pop, but 25% of prison pop.

KoennenTiger

This is ridiculous. They are only providing Healthcare for the poorest asylum seekers and only if they are between 18 - 24. What about all the other migrants fleeing war torn :censored2: holes? Do immigrants older than 24 not need health care?! Just tax silicon valley a tiny bit more and bam all the money we need to provide Healthcare to every asylum seeker, every immigrant, all of them.

How are we going to solve the homeless problem if we can't even provide them with basic Healthcare?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Not sure how to think about that.

On the one hand, ‘illegal’ immigrants are here, so it makes sense to provide them with very basic healthcare (vaccines, general checkups).

It’s cheaper to give them vaccines than it is to pay for the fallout of an unvaccinated underground populace.

Yet...

They’re getting the bare minimum healthcare, but I know financially struggling people who make too much to even qualify for any kind of government anything.

It’s a pickle.

I guess I’d err on the side of bringing them into the system and vaccinating them.

We eradicated smallpox, and we’re ‘oh so close’ to eradicating Polio.

Unfortunately, some limousine liberals think vaccines don’t agree with their GOOP fascination, and now there’s measles outbreaks in several states.

Some people don’t remember...Measles was a stone-cold-btch.

Kids losing their hearing, going blind, dying.

If only there were some kind of miracle cure, like an injection or something.

Maybe an inoculation, maybe a vaccine?
good point

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
California is not a serious State. If the left is for real about wanting statehood for Puerto Rico & DC, I say why not let Northern California & Upstate NY secede and become separate states as well.
we have been trying to make north cali the 51st state of Jefferson for years.

KoennenTiger

They can't build that wall soon enough---BUILD THE WALL

Build the artistically designed steel slat fence! Oh and paint it black so the sun makes it really hot. We got two miles (almost) in only four years of derp fuhrious president potato! We only have to elect him a thousand more times and that artistic fence will be full done! Four thousand more years! And mehico will pay for it with uhhhh tariffs? I think? Wait let me go check YouTube

rod

Retired 22 years
Build the artistically designed steel slat fence! Oh and paint it black so the sun makes it really hot. We got two miles (almost) in only four years of derp fuhrious president potato! We only have to elect him a thousand more times and that artistic fence will be full done! Four thousand more years! And mehico will pay for it with uhhhh tariffs? I think? Wait let me go check YouTube
BUILD THAT WALL