California is a sorry excuse for a state

floridays

Don't follow talking posts, think for myself. You stated it depends on which law, that means you will deem which laws should be followed, I made my point. You are cafeteria, pick and choose.

MAKAVELI

Don't follow talking posts, think for myself. You stated it depends on which law, that means you will deem which laws should be followed, I made my point. You are cafeteria, pick and choose.
Again what specific law are you talking about? I'm guessing you have no clue and are just regurgitating Faux News garbage.

MAKAVELI

I don't know if the homeless here are hardcore or unfortunately retarded. I would think anyone with half a brain would head south about the end of Oct.
The point is there are homeless in every major metro. No doubt Cali's weather draws more than it's fair share. But by no means does it mean the homeless problem is exclusive to one state.

vantexan

I don't know if the homeless here are hardcore or unfortunately retarded. I would think anyone with half a brain would head south about the end of Oct.
Heard a guy on a bus in Salina, KS trying to convince another to head south to Tucson for the winter. Said it's warm enough to sleep under an overpass, no problem.

MAKAVELI

It was in Nov '16. Same guy asked me what I was doing riding the bus since I made big money at FedEx. Left that cowtown a year ago.
November is still warm in Tucson. It may get cold at night for 1 or 2 months out of the year. Come summer they probably will want to be moving somewhere North or the west coast.

vantexan

November is still warm in Tucson. It may get cold at night for 1 or 2 months out of the year. Come summer they probably will want to be moving somewhere North or the west coast.
I think we're running parallel to each other. Sure, Tucson is nice most nights of the year. I lived there for a few months. I was just commenting on Rod's post. And those guys reeked of alcohol so may not have been sober enough to get to Tucson before Salina got miserably cold. And Kansas is bad enough but usually not Minnesota bad.

dvalleyjim

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. :happy2:
I live In Maryland now. It is politically no better. I need to move to a state with less oppressive government. But I still love Cali. Great, wide open spaces. I Love L.A.! It used to be freer for the tax payer, though. The air was cleaner when I left. So their you go. You guys did a wonderful thing outlawing my diesel engines. Peace.

dmac1

I live In Maryland now. It is politically no better. I need to move to a state with less oppressive government. But I still love Cali. Great, wide open spaces. I Love L.A.! It used to be freer for the tax payer, though. The air was cleaner when I left. So their you go. You guys did a wonderful thing outlawing my diesel engines. Peace.

The vehicle inspection laws make things a pain. but pre 1998 diesels are exempt, and all pre 1976 cars. The air is definitely cleaner than the days you could see it, so giving up a little for green air and environmental protection, and the freedom to be and look however you want and still get respect from most people(except the few repubs) is worth a little more in tax. Plus the cheap wine with no federal taxes, and fresh food that is affordable year round is a bonus. I moved back to take advantage of '3 for $1' avocados and fresh tomatoes for under $1 a pound in the winter. I save more on avocados alone than any extra I pay in 'high' taxes.

And Californians get more for their tax dollars. If it wasn't for California employee protections, the California drivers wouldn't have gotten the settlements they did. I was able to get a few thousand from a car dealer who violated consumer laws that don't exist elsewhere.

dvalleyjim

So you like paying taxes or you don't pay taxes. If you did you would want government out of your life. Freedom to me is an invisible government. Not one that is always interfering in the individuals life. It's about the inalienable rights of the individual, these rights are given to us by the creator (or for you atheists, they are biological, or you are born with them) The government doesn't give you rights and they can't take them away.

dmac1

So you like paying taxes or you don't pay taxes. If you did you would want government out of your life. Freedom to me is an invisible government. Not one that is always interfering in the individuals life. It's about the inalienable rights of the individual, these rights are given to us by the creator (or for you atheists, they are biological, or you are born with them) The government doesn't give you rights and they can't take them away.
Where do you think you'd be without government? In our representative government, the majority, not some shadowy 'government,' votes for and makes the laws. It is your neighbors and friends who make the rules, and the benefits you get from living in this society must be worth the taxes or you would leave, unless constantly whining about the government satisfies you.