California

Babagounj

Strength through joy
CA will be banning all new purchases of small off-road engines including leaf blowers and lawn mowers beginning in 2024.
The measure will also affect portable generators and recreational vehicle engines which will need to meet “more stringent standards” in 2024 and zero-emission standards in 2028.
Residents and businesses would be allowed to continue using older and used equipment beyond 2024 but that new products would need to have no carbon footprint.
However, landscaping businesses and industry groups opposed the measure, arguing that the new equipment would be a major added cost.
The cost of switching over to approved equipment will likely cause many small companies to close.

One estimate said a three-man landscaping crew would need 30-40 charged batteries to power their work per day.

Again the issue of where the power to charge all these batteries comes up and the costs associated with their disposal at the end of their useful life.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
CA will be banning all new purchases of small off-road engines including leaf blowers and lawn mowers beginning in 2024.
The measure will also affect portable generators and recreational vehicle engines which will need to meet “more stringent standards” in 2024 and zero-emission standards in 2028.
Residents and businesses would be allowed to continue using older and used equipment beyond 2024 but that new products would need to have no carbon footprint.
However, landscaping businesses and industry groups opposed the measure, arguing that the new equipment would be a major added cost.
The cost of switching over to approved equipment will likely cause many small companies to close.

One estimate said a three-man landscaping crew would need 30-40 charged batteries to power their work per day.

Again the issue of where the power to charge all these batteries comes up and the costs associated with their disposal at the end of their useful life.
If you were scripting the demise of a state you couldn’t come up with this foolishness

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Anyone see Chicago's mayor press speech scolding the businesses for complaining about all the smash & grabs.
She said it was their fault for not beefing up their security.

But isn't it her job to keep the crooks in jail and away from committing more crime ?

( In case anyone wants to complain about why Chicago is constantly being used as an example of crime, they have become the case study example of what other poorly run democratic cities will become. )

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I really try not to wish bad things happening to people, and I also try not to take satisfaction from people getting their just rewards, but this makes me laugh. Their Liberal voting has allowed the situation to get to this point and NOW they realize they have to protect themselves from the result. You know, kind of like the old saying, you reap what you sow.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

I really try not to wish bad things happening to people, and I also try not to take satisfaction from people getting their just rewards, but this makes me laugh. Their Liberal voting has allowed the situation to get to this point and NOW they realize they have to protect themselves from the result. You know, kind of like the old saying, you reap what you sow.
Didn't think it was legal to own/purchase a firearm in Californicatia anymore...

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

oldngray

nowhere special
SanFran.gif

The worst thing to probably happen will be to find someone else has rented out your open trunk as living quarters.
And Pelosi in an interview says she doesn't know where the spike in crime is coming from. Couldn't be from the soft-on-crime dems or the defunded departments like in her very own own SF.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
And Pelosi in an interview says she doesn't know where the spike in crime is coming from. Couldn't be from the soft-on-crime dems or the defunded departments like in her very own own SF.
It's a great time to be a criminal especially if you are non white