California

It will be fine

But if someone broke in, are you prepared other than assuming a Frenchman's position?
I don't own anything worth dying or even really fighting over. If someone is desperate enough to break into my house he can have whatever he can carry. I live in the smallest house on the block so they'd be passing on much richer targets by the time they got to me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't own anything worth dying or even really fighting over. If someone is desperate enough to break into my house he can have whatever he can carry. I live in the smallest house on the block so they'd be passing on much richer targets by the time they got to me.
Smart financial move.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Build the wall and you will see 100's of drones flying over it.

What a lovely area to spend my winters at.
All the free targets I could ever want for .
Just set a wireless signal blocker and see the ones I miss drop out of the sky .
Do I get to keep the payloads ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not locking your house doors is just plain stupid!! Even car doors lock automatically now.

newfie

No (I'll give you a break for such a duffus ass question)

Would you be fine with Santa landing on your roof with a sleigh full of toys and nine reindeer?

I have pistols and shotguns stashed all over my house.
Anyone coming into my house without being invited in is putting their life at risk.
I live out in the country with a winding (sorta spooky) 650 foot driveway with protected by Smith and Smith & Wesson. You can be humorous with someone before you shoot them.

Remember the Bob Dylan line from Tom Thumb's Blues,
"Because the cops don’t need you ... And man they expect the same".
That's exactly the way I feel.

I'm not paranoid but I am prepared.

I suppose shooting them as they come across the border is an option I had not considered :)

rod

Retired 22 years
The Air Force already has functioning AI mini drones that fighter jets can deploy.

Much easier to legalize and tax, then there is no incentive to smuggle.

The alcohol industry will fight legalizing it tooth and nail. I'm actually surprised a few states have been able to semi-legalize it. I imagine it will be a long long time before the Feds get on board with it and really make it legal--everywhere.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not locking your house doors is just plain stupid!! Even car doors lock automatically now.
Depends on where you are.
And as in my case, some people prefer to not live their life in fear.
When most people feel they need to lock their doors, I'm reaching for a couple of guns.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Mumps outbreak declared in LA County after more than 40 diagnoses

More than 40 people in Los Angeles County and surrounding regions have been diagnosed with mumps, prompting public health officials Thursday to declare an outbreak and issue an alert to physicians and providers to be aware of it.

But health officials said most of the patients are men who have sex with men, and the majority of the cases were linked to patients being at large venues such as gyms, bars, theaters and nightclubs. Some of the patients are women and heterosexual men who have social connections to men who have sex with men, health officials noted.