California

It will be fine

We're having a crisis right now with opiates, heroin. People are dying. Doesn't matter that drugs get in anyways. We should do everything within our means to stop it. And that's just part of what the wall is for. You're also from the same crowd that says jobs aren't coming back, etc. We should do everything we can to provide jobs, including stopping the flow of people who are taking jobs. America, like much of the world, has always had a problem with alcohol. But the country took a dark turn in the 60's with the widespread introduction of hard drugs. We need to fight our way back to some semblance of sanity, not give in "because people like to party." Amazing to me that mature adults can't see that.
It amazes me that mature adults think prohibition works despite all evidence to contrary. Most recreational drug users are responsible functioning members of society. Some people have addiction problems, they should be treated not imprisoned. We should all be free to take whatever substance we choose so as long as you do no harm to others. Again, if you have an example of where prohibition worked, a situation where harsh criminal penalties worked to prevent drug use, I'd love to read about it. I've never heard of one.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It amazes me that mature adults think prohibition works despite all evidence to contrary. Most recreational drug users are responsible functioning members of society. Some people have addiction problems, they should be treated not imprisoned. We should all be free to take whatever substance we choose so as long as you do no harm to others. Again, if you have an example of where prohibition worked, a situation where harsh criminal penalties worked to prevent drug use, I'd love to read about it. I've never heard of one.
Mary Kills People is your kind of t.v. show.

newfie

It amazes me that mature adults think prohibition works despite all evidence to contrary. Most recreational drug users are responsible functioning members of society. Some people have addiction problems,

in the context of the wall and securing our borders , less responsible functioning members of society would have access to and the ability to develop the addiction with our borders secured . Dry up the supply instead of allowing it in and treating the addictions.

vantexan

You lost me at "responsible." Look at how many in the movie and music industries die young. Look at how many are dying right now from the opioid epidemic. If that's just the risk you take when you want to party, and that's your right, something is terribly amiss. Tell me, do you really think building the wall won't have any effect on slowing the flow of drugs? Or are you afraid it will? Might drive the cost on the street up.

MAKAVELI

You lost me at "responsible." Look at how many in the movie and music industries die young. Look at how many are dying right now from the opioid epidemic. If that's just the risk you take when you want to party, and that's your right, something is terribly amiss. Tell me, do you really think building the wall won't have any effect on slowing the flow of drugs? Or are you afraid it will? Might drive the cost on the street up.
Do you really think a stupid wall is going to stop or even reduce the flow? You do realize the cartels have plenty of different ways to get drugs across?

It will be fine

Yes, building a wall will have zero impact on the availability of drugs. Just because some people die young shouldn't dictate public policy. How many alcohol related deaths do we have every year? Is prohibition the answer? I think we tried that and it was a spectacular failure. We should follow solutions that work, not waste money on enforcement and imprisonment that has proven ineffectual. I keep asking for an example of your solution working and you can't provide it, that should tell you something.

vantexan

Do you really think a stupid wall is going to stop or even reduce the flow? You do realize the cartels have plenty of different ways to get drugs across?
Known fact that drugs are transported by backpack in numerous places across border. Stop that and other methods can be concentrated on.

vantexan

Yes, building a wall will have zero impact on the availability of drugs. Just because some people die young shouldn't dictate public policy. How many alcohol related deaths do we have every year? Is prohibition the answer? I think we tried that and it was a spectacular failure. We should follow solutions that work, not waste money on enforcement and imprisonment that has proven ineffectual. I keep asking for an example of your solution working and you can't provide it, that should tell you something.
Probably majority of people drink alcohol. Large majority. Only small percentage use hard drugs. And nothing is effective because libs won't let it be. Y'all seem absolutely terrified of the wall. If the wall is a spectacular failure then you'll be able to point to that forever. Letting people get screwed up and then treating them seems ass backwards.

It will be fine

And nothing is effective because libs won't let it be. Y'all seem absolutely terrified of the wall. If the wall is a spectacular failure then you'll be able to point to that forever.
Lol, it's liberal's fault prohibition doesn't work? This is up there with your worst arguments, it's so devoid of anything resembling an intelligent thought.
Trickle down economic theory is a spectacular failure and that doesn't stop conservatives from pushing it. I think Trump can just tell people he built the wall, Mexico paid for it and most of his supporters would believe him. He doesn't even need to do it.

vantexan

What they are able to stop and confiscate at the border is a mere fraction of what actually makes it across.
Still a known fact that drugs are backpacked across too. Used to be that 80% of cocaine coming into the U.S. was coming through Ojinaga on U.S. border. They figured out how, stopped it, went elsewhere. This idea that there's no point in trying is just wrong. If anything if street price is driven up enough people will turn to other less dangerous drugs. It's a start. But this is all academic. The main point of the wall is to greatly stop the flow of illegal immigrants. Some may get in, but many will be discouraged by both wall and resolve to send them back, something sorely lacking until now.

vantexan

Lol, it's liberal's fault prohibition doesn't work? This is up there with your worst arguments, it's so devoid of anything resembling an intelligent thought.
Trickle down economic theory is a spectacular failure and that doesn't stop conservatives from pushing it. I think Trump can just tell people he built the wall, Mexico paid for it and most of his supporters would believe him. He doesn't even need to do it.
Sorry, not going to get a rise out of me. My side won and if Congress has the cajones wall will be built. America will then have it's own Wailing Wall as liberals cry all across the land. No more cheap drugs. No more cheap labor. Cry snowflakes, cry!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Sorry, not going to get a rise out of me. My side won and if Congress has the cajones wall will be built. America will then have it's own Wailing Wall as liberals cry all across the land. No more cheap drugs. No more cheap labor. Cry snowflakes, cry!
Build the wall and there won't be any more cheap drugs or labor? Do you actually believe the :censored2: you say? No one can really be that stupid.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
in the context of the wall and securing our borders , less responsible functioning members of society would have access to and the ability to develop the addiction with our borders secured . Dry up the supply instead of allowing it in and treating the addictions.
And after several tens of billion dollars and decades later this approach continues to fall on it's face ... absolutely feeble in it's affect.

vantexan

Build the wall and there won't be any more cheap drugs or labor? Do you actually believe the :censored2: you say? No one can really be that stupid.
As in drugs will be more expensive. Source of cheap labor will dry up. Weeping and wailing from libs that they have to pay so much to snort. :people_crybaby: Weeping from businessmen that they have to pay decent wages. Hahaha, the wall will fix it all, hahaha, the wall will fix it all!!!!!#!#!#!