California

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
You've had the fires and the mud-slides---what's next? Is it earthquakes or droughts turn?

No, silly frozen tundra boy.... It's poverty... ttku. :sick:
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-jackson-california-poverty-20180114-story.html
Why is liberal California the poverty capital of America?

Guess which state has the highest poverty rate in the country? Not Mississippi, New Mexico, or West Virginia, but California, where nearly one out of five residents is poor. That’s according to the Census Bureau’s Supplemental Poverty Measure, which factors in the cost of housing, food, utilities and clothing, and which includes non-cash government assistance as a form of income.

Immigrants are falling into it: 55% of immigrant families in the state get some kind of means-tested benefits, compared with just 30% of natives.

Extensive environmental regulations aimed at reducing carbon dioxide emissions make energy more expensive, also hurting the poor. By some estimates, California energy costs are as much as 50% higher than the national average.

With a permanent majority in the state Senate and the Assembly, a prolonged dominance in the executive branch and a weak opposition, California Democrats have long been free to indulge blue-state ideology while paying little or no political price. The state’s poverty problem is unlikely to improve while policymakers remain unwilling to unleash the engines of economic prosperity that drove California to its golden years.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
While we're beating up on our home state let's not forget 42 people died from recent fires and 20 from mudslides. Sad.

And now we're racking them up with the Flu.

California hospitals face a 'war zone' of flu patients — and are setting up tents to treat them

la-1516081620-xhywcq5kfe-snap-image

Funny thing is I have lived in California all my life. Great place to live minus the politics and how expensive it can be. Been through some earthquakes and survived. Never had to deal with a fire or mudslide.

The weather and the things to do here are phenomenal.

Things getting out of control like homelessness, the immigration problem and poverty are changing California and need to be taken seriously.

Unfortunately, the political environment in California is not conducive to fixing any of these things in the foreseeable future. :headache:

Oh, I almost forgot "pot" is legal now and could turn this whole thing around.. :wink2:

rod

Retired 22 years
No, silly frozen tundra boy.... It's poverty... ttku. :sick:
Why is liberal California the poverty capital of America?

Guess which state has the highest poverty rate in the country? Not Mississippi, New Mexico, or West Virginia, but California, where nearly one out of five residents is poor. That’s according to the Census Bureau’s Supplemental Poverty Measure, which factors in the cost of housing, food, utilities and clothing, and which includes non-cash government assistance as a form of income.

Immigrants are falling into it: 55% of immigrant families in the state get some kind of means-tested benefits, compared with just 30% of natives.

Extensive environmental regulations aimed at reducing carbon dioxide emissions make energy more expensive, also hurting the poor. By some estimates, California energy costs are as much as 50% higher than the national average.

With a permanent majority in the state Senate and the Assembly, a prolonged dominance in the executive branch and a weak opposition, California Democrats have long been free to indulge blue-state ideology while paying little or no political price. The state’s poverty problem is unlikely to improve while policymakers remain unwilling to unleash the engines of economic prosperity that drove California to its golden years.
Tundra boy---that has a nice ring to it

MAKAVELI

While we're beating up on our home state let's not forget 42 people died from recent fires and 20 from mudslides. Sad.

And now we're racking them up with the Flu.

California hospitals face a 'war zone' of flu patients — and are setting up tents to treat them

la-1516081620-xhywcq5kfe-snap-image

Funny thing is I have lived in California all my life. Great place to live minus the politics and how expensive it can be. Been through some earthquakes and survived. Never had to deal with a fire or mudslide.

The weather and the things to do here are phenomenal.

Things getting out of control like homelessness, the immigration problem and poverty are changing California and need to be taken seriously.

Unfortunately, the political environment in California is not conducive to fixing any of these things in the foreseeable future. :headache:

Oh, I almost forgot "pot" is legal now and could turn this whole thing around.. :wink2:
So how does it feel to be a minority?:happy2:

MAKAVELI

So what's Mississippi's excuse? It's run by mostly Republicans doesn't have the Immigrant population that California does and is still one of the poorest states in the country.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
So what's Mississippi's excuse? It's run by mostly Republicans doesn't have the Immigrant population that California does and is still one of the poorest states in the country.
I was talking about California and how it's being run into the ground...ttku. Got the flu yet? :tongue_sm

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
California’s Boondoggle Bullet Train About to Break the Bank

Will California's high-speed rail plan go bankrupt before the state even finishes building the first leg? Maybe, if we're lucky.

On Tuesday, the officials in charge of the massive $64 billion boondoggle were formally told what everybody with any lick of sense has been saying from the start: They had wildly underestimated the costs and woefully underbudgeted just the first stretch of train construction by billions.

floridays

Amazing, an article noting California's nation leading poverty rate naming, the associated drivers of this poverty and all you can see is majority and minority status.
Take all of the amazing God given physical blessings from the state and you are left with Americas leading :censored2:hole :-)poop:hole).

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Yeah, we import poverty and spend like drunken sailors..

That's the California way. Oh, and we're a sanctuary state so hands off! :anxious:

BrownArmy

In all seriousness, maybe we need a new party.

Screw the Dems (big spenders, talk a good game, don't deliver) and the Repubs (big spenders, talk a good game, don't deliver).

I nominate the 'Ares' party...Mars or bust!

BrownArmy

Or the 'Luna' party, because logistically it makes way more sense to put the launch infrastructure on the moon...

From there, it's 'GALAXY CONQUEST', baby!

W

What The Hawk?

In all seriousness, maybe we need a new party.

Screw the Dems (big spenders, talk a good game, don't deliver) and the Repubs (big spenders, talk a good game, don't deliver).

I nominate the 'Ares' party...Mars or bust!
I'm just in it for the memes.