California

MAKAVELI

Actually I’m perfectly fine with California doing whatever it’s voter want. I just wish we didn’t have a federal leviathan taking money from my states tax payers to fund illegal alien abortions in LA. You know I’m fine with social programs I’m against the federal government over stepping it’s bounds and redistributing wealth. Leave that to local level politics.
Alex Jones is rotting brain girl.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Also I lived in poor conditions most my life. My single uneducated mother raised two kids off a single income and no government assistance. I resent the fact you think I wouldn’t believe in helping struggling kids.
DACF9E26-6781-41C5-8950-32A9CB57916D.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
You are a perfect example of the conservatives who fight against legislation to help those who live in poverty.

I don't think there is any argument about helping young kids, old people and truly sick people. Its the middle of the pack bums who refuse to even look for a job and would rather sit on the porch (that includes all colors) and have more babies who make hard working people resent having their money wasted.

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
I don't think there is any argument about helping young kids, old people and truly sick people. Its the middle of the pack bums who refuse to even look for a job and would rather sit on the porch (that includes all colors) and have more babies who make hard working people resent having their money wasted.
I’d argue it’s whether the federal government needs to be doing this.

MAKAVELI

Of course, it depends on what you mean by "take care".
Cradle to grave dependency on the federal government is not it's responsibility.
Obviously not cradle to grave but the goal should be to improve the lives of all the people not a select few. It was more of a generalization that the people do need the federal government and vice versa.

MAKAVELI

I think there truly is an argument from the right that they should only be helping the rich and corporate America.

El Correcto

god is dead
I'd argue it's the federal government's job to take care of its people.
The federal government just seeks to expand its power, is argue these social programs should be in acted on a state level. The federal government should be raising armies in our defense and negotiating foreign policy.