Call TeamCare 800-323-5000

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Prescription outline.. TEAMCARE
(friend) Prescription Drug

Benefit (continued)

(2) Retail pharmacy (TeamCare and non-TeamCare pharmacies): except for non-exempt maintenance medications (described below in [3]) the Plan pays 75% of covered charges (25% co-payment) and, for
non-exempt maintenance medications, the Plan pays 50% of covered charges (50% co-payment)

after a two-fill transition period in which the Plan pays 75% of covered charges (25% co-payment), provided that for each filled prescription purchased from a TeamCare RX retail pharmacy (other than a
non-exempt maintenance medication purchased after the above-referenced two-fill transition period) the maximum co-payment is $200.

(3) A maintenance medication is any prescription drug taken by a Covered Individual over a period exceeding sixty (60) days, other than a drug exempt by the Plan from this classification (exempt drugs
include injectable drugs, specialty medications and antidepressants as determined by the Plan).

(4) If a generic drug equivalent is available to fill a prescription, the Covered Individual must choose the generic drug or pay (in addition to the copayment)
the difference in cost between the generic drug and the brand name drug (if the brand name drug is chosen rather than the available generic
drug, the above-stated $200 maximum [for each filled prescription purchased through the TeamCare RX program] is inapplicable and does not limit the
amount payable by the Covered Individual).

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Chiropractic coverage is REDUCED for all members..

(2) C6, M6, MH, MR,MU, T1

80% up to $1,000 per person, per calendar year.

A $1000.00 limit per year and 20% obligation for the member. Contrast this with our current benefits in the WEST and our benefits are reduced.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Dental coverage or the lack thereof....

BENEFIT TYPE PLAN SCHEDULE OF BENEFITS

(a) Orthodontic (1) C6, ME, MH, MR,

NQ

100% of the Reasonable and Customary charges for the procedures incurred by a Dependent Child up to the twenty-sixth (26th) birthday up to a $1,500 lifetime maximum.

$1500? that wont cover anything with orthodontic care.

THIS IS A JOKE!

VOTE NO!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Dental for adults... Crowns and Bridges...

(b) Crowns and Bridgework

(1) C6, ME, MH, MR,

NQ

80% of the Reasonable and Customary charges subject to a maximum benefit per person per calendar year of $1,500 consisting of any
combination of payments for covered services as defined in Article XV.

Again, $1500.00 maximum could be reached in one visit.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
EYE EXAMS...

(a) Examination (1) 2L, 3J, 4L, C4,

C6, KA, KR, M3,

M4, M7, M8, M9,

MA, MB, MD, ME,

MH, MI, MK, ML,

MN, MP, MR,

MS, MT, MV,

MW, MY, MZ, N9,

NA, NB, NC, NG,

NJ, NP, NS, NU,

NW, NY, NZ, PA,

PB, PD, PE, PL,

PZ, TA, TB, TJ,

TN, TR

$25.00

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
FRAMES coverage... ( currently, we have $90.00 allowance on frames)

(b) Frames (1) 2L, 3J, 4L, C4,

C6,
KA, KR, M3,

M4, M7, M8, M9,

MA, MB, MD, ME,

MH, MI, MK, ML,

MN, MP, MR,

MS, MT, MV,

MW, MY, MZ, N9,

NA, NB, NC, NG,

NJ, NP, NS, NU,

NW, NY, NZ, PA,

PB, PD, PE, PL,

PZ, TA, TB, TJ,

TN, TR

$30.00

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
LENSES.... ( currently we have $90.00 coverage ) benefits reduced on this plan

(c) Lenses (Per Pair)

Single Vision

(1) 2L, 3J, 4L, C4,

C6, KA, KR, M3,

M4, M7, M8, M9,

MA, MB, MD, ME,

MH, MI, MK, ML,

MN, MP, MR,

MS, MT, MV,

MW, MY, MZ, N9,

NA, NB, NC, NG,

NJ, NP, NS, NU,

NW, NY, NZ, PA,

PB, PD, PE, PL,

PZ, TA, TB, TJ,

TN, TR

$30.00

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
For those with kids or spouses who need insulin, check out these charges...

20.08 TEAMCARE RX INJECTABLE DRUG OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSE LIMIT

Section 12.07 provides for a Prescription Drug Benefit and Section 20.01(friend) provides for the

corresponding Schedule of Benefits, including a “maximum co-payment … [of] $200 for each filled

prescription purchased through the TeamCare RX program.” The Prescription Drug Benefit applies to any

injectable drug (“Injectable Drug”) that is a Prescription Drug as defined in Section 1.54. The Fund provides

a separate TeamCare RX Injectable Drug Out-of-Pocket Expense Limit (as indicated below) per Covered

Individual per calendar year, provided that this separate limit applies only to Covered Individuals who in

that year purchase Injectable Drugs through the TeamCare RX program. Each such Covered Individual’s

share of the cost of all covered Prescription Drugs purchased through the TeamCare RX program

(including Injectable Drugs) is applied toward this separate annual limit. After this annual limit has been

reached, the Fund is obligated to pay the full cost of all Injectable Drugs purchased by the Covered

Individual through the TeamCare RX program during the remainder of that calendar year.

PLAN SCHEDULE OF BENEFITS

(a) 2L, 3J, 4C, 4L, 6P,

A, B, BD, C4, C6,

KA, KR, M4, M6,

M9, ME, MG, MH,

MK, ML, MP, MR,

MU, MV, MW, MY,

N9, NJ, NP, NU,

NW, NY, PD, PE,

S, T1, TB, TJ, TN,

TR TeamCare RX Injectable Drug Out-of-Pocket Expense Limit of $1,000 per Covered Individual per calendar year.

This means that the covered employee must pay the $200 deductible PLUS the first $1000.00 or $1200.00. Currently, they pay $5.00 a prescription.

How is this good for us in the west?

opie

Not anymore. Central States now has no maximum. They just paid every last bit of my son's root canal and subsequent crown, which was more than $1500.
Well there is going to be a cap on benefits paid out for dental. Central States will have a $1,500 limit per year on dental starting January 2014.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
health insurance in the new contract

Ok according to my local 804 newsletter, under the new contract, us part timers insurance "will be moved into a teamster health plan in the central states called TEAMcare." And the 804 website was kind enough to have a comparison of how much this new plan sucks compared to our current insurance. Any of you guys in this forum already using teamcare? I have a few questions regarding deductibles (we don't have deductibles now!) and prescriptions. Thanks guys.

upswife75

Dental coverage or the lack thereof....

(a) Orthodontic (1) C6, ME, MH, MR,

NQ

100% of the Reasonable and Customary charges for the procedures incurred by a Dependent Child up to the twenty-sixth (26th) birthday up to a $1,500 lifetime maximum.

$1500? that wont cover anything with orthodontic care.

THIS IS A JOKE!

VOTE NO!

I have never seen ANY insurance plan that allows for more than $1500 lifetime for orthodontic care. To my knowledge, that is pretty much every insurance plan.

UPS Preloader

Re: health insurance in the new contract

Ok according to my local 804 newsletter, under the new contract, us part timers insurance "will be moved into a teamster health plan in the central states called TEAMcare." And the 804 website was kind enough to have a comparison of how much this new plan sucks compared to our current insurance. Any of you guys in this forum already using teamcare? I have a few questions regarding deductibles (we don't have deductibles now!) and prescriptions. Thanks guys.

TEAMCARE is a new plan so no one is currently on it. You could try asking the questions here on the BC. You could also go to the Teamcare website. However, when you go there you will see that there are currently 93 different Benefit Profiles. https://www.myteamcare.org/forms_and_documents.aspx The other thing you could consider is voting NO on the upcoming contract and send it back to the negotiating table.