Called on your day off

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Is a manager technically allowed to call you on your day off? There is no communication between my am and pm station manager and at least once a week I'll get a call or text saying "hey you were supposed to be on the schedule today can you come in?"

Now at first I would say yeah sure but now that's its happening almost every week and if I'm scheduled off 3 days that week I might get a call saying hey you were supposed to be schedule the rest of the week is that okay.

I've basically started shutting my phone off because if I'm not scheduled I guess you'll just have to pay me the minimum and learn how to make a schedule
quick answer. caller ID. and don't answer the phone. works for moi.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
We had a guy take that the step further. He never said he had been drinking. Was called at home and came in with a buzz on. You could smell it on him. He should have known better as he was a 30 year employee at that time. Had to send him home rather than put him out in a CTV.
thye could of fired him for coming in impaired. stupid.

MAKAVELI

that happened to me and the supe wanted me to come in anyway after 2 beers. said it would be OK after 4 hours. wouldn't come in anyway. supe has had a hard on for me ever since. too bad-so sad.
That's when you tell them, sure let me run it by hr first. That should end the call real quick.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't go to work on my days off for anything less than double time.

Since when does Ground even have the opportunity for double time, except for Peak? If they asked you, the second biggest FedEx lap dog stoolie ever, to come-in on Saturday for time and a half, you'd say "no"?
If they told you to jump off a cliff, you'd do it in a heartbeat.

CJinx

If they asked you, the second biggest FedEx lap dog stoolie ever, to come-in on Saturday for time and a half, you'd say "no"?
Nah. The weekend would be time and a half in and of itself. Sure, it's extra money; if they really need me, my time off is worth more than standard overtime.

MAKAVELI

Nah. The weekend would be time and a half in and of itself. Sure, it's extra money; if they really need me, my time off is worth more than standard overtime.
And I'm sure management has the authority to pay you what you want. Not!

Goldilocks

We had a guy take that the step further. He never said he had been drinking. Was called at home and came in with a buzz on. You could smell it on him. He should have known better as he was a 30 year employee at that time. Had to send him home rather than put him out in a CTV.

We have a driver who comes in with Booze Breath everyday. Just standing next to him will get you drunk. They have no problem sending him out on the road because he is a warm body.

It will be fine

We have a driver who comes in with Booze Breath everyday. Just standing next to him will get you drunk. They have no problem sending him out on the road because he is a warm body.
And you don't say anything? How about call the cops? I'm filing this story under "sure that happened."

Goldilocks

And you don't say anything? How about call the cops? I'm filing this story under "sure that happened."

I don't get paid to rat out a coworker! PERIOD! It's the managers job, yes YOUR JOB not mine. If that employee finds out who squealed he might come looking for that person " ARMED" and it's not going to be me.

It will be fine

I don't get paid to rat out a coworker! PERIOD! It's the managers job, yes YOUR JOB not mine. If that employee finds out who squealed he might come looking for that person " ARMED" and it's not going to be me.
Very admirable, allow a drunk to drive a truck because it's "not your job." It's not hard to make an anonymous tip to police to keep a drunk driver off the street. Heaven forbid you take some responsibility for public safety.

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
No one likes to be in a position to rat out anyone but driving drunk could leave someone else dead or injured there's always the anonymous tip I mean come on now what is this guy your brother in law or something?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
No one likes to be in a position to rat out anyone but driving drunk could leave someone else dead or injured there's always the anonymous tip I mean come on now what is this guy your brother in law or something?

I have to agree with him on this one, Goldi. I turn a blind eye to anything a fellow courier may do operationally, but when it comes to this, I would have to open my mouth. I couldn't live with myself if I knew someone was drunk, I said nothing, and they proceeded to get in an accident and killed someone.