Calling all drivers

Hey there,
I'm writing a paper about some of the technology at UPS for one of my graduate courses. The last part of my paper is about what new technology could be used in the company, but more specifically for the drivers.

For example, would you like to see a complete re-design of the DIAD? Or a new version of ORION? I'm sure you guys have lots of ideas of what would make your job easier. Any insightful input would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance for you time.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Hey there,
I'm writing a paper about some of the technology at UPS for one of my graduate courses. The last part of my paper is about what new technology could be used in the company, but more specifically for the drivers.

For example, would you like to see a complete re-design of the DIAD? Or a new version of ORION? I'm sure you guys have lots of ideas of what would make your job easier. Any insightful input would be much appreciated!

It would be awsome if they could make the spa system better and more exciting

Why don't you ask your center manager, they would probably help.

I will tomorrow. I've talked to plenty of my drivers too, but I only have about 20 drivers at my center. The more drivers that suggest the same technology the more relevant it will be on the paper. I thought this would be a helpful place for ideas, lesson learned

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hey there,

Diad: large print option, take out all the stuff we are not allowed to use anyway, multi-scan feature for stuff we bring back (snow, out of hours, etc). Don't shrink it.

Orion: Allow the driver to determine the first stop as needed by the load. Driver would enter first stop as needed.

Last edited: