Calling it Quits after 17 years

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
True, America is a melting pot.
When smelting, the slag rises to the top and must be discarded, to preserve the purity of the refined metal.
I truly hope that UKGUY does not choke on his crumpet when he sees the true cost of free health care.
Ta ,Ta and keep a stiff upper lip, UKGUY.
Tally Ho!!!!
I`m moving from crap community where my 57 year old motherinlaw was murdered by a 15 year old tagger, where it costs 300 bucks to see a doctor ,where I live in a small 3 bedroom house and pay a 3100 a month mortgage
to a nice community where no one even knows what a tagger is , kids dont carry guns, doctors are free and I have a 3 story 4 bedroom 2 bathroom house with an acre of land that I pay 800 a month for but best of all people like you get beat up for thinking they are funny

satellitedriver

I`m moving from crap community where my 57 year old motherinlaw was murdered by a 15 year old tagger, where it costs 300 bucks to see a doctor ,where I live in a small 3 bedroom house and pay a 3100 a month mortgage
to a nice community where no one even knows what a tagger is , kids dont carry guns, doctors are free and I have a 3 story 4 bedroom 2 bathroom house with an acre of land that I pay 800 a month for but best of all people like you get beat up for thinking they are funny
Cool that you have a safe place.
I hope you do better there, than you have done here.
I was raised on the south side of Houston. I got use to getting beat up as a kid.
I am no longer a kid.
I live on 20 acres.
Brick home, 3 vehicles, barn, tools ect..., debt free. (staying with UPS helped in that)
I have had to deal with murder, suicide and natural case death in my family,also. I never used that as an excuse in my personal or professional life, as you so freely do.
Your pitiful complaints that it is everyone's else's fault for your failures in life falls on my deaf ears.
Small wonder you do not get the "respect" you think you are entitled to.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
I was raised on the south side of Houston. I got use to getting beat up as a kid.

I wonder why ? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lol I think they knocked a screw loose somewhere down the line.

your problem is that you have become a little UPS droan, you have forgoten that there is more to life than brown. getting fired from UPS is not the end of the world, its not a failure either, its just a Job it doesnt define you as a person ( well maybe for you it does) and theres other things out there, better things . You say you`ve dealt with things like murder and death in your family, this tells me you are either full of **** or you hardley knew them or cared for them. There`s no way someone who has expeirienced events like that would leave a heartless comment like you. I personly think you are full of ****. Theres a special coming up on CNN about familys dealing with the aftermath of a murder. You can watch my wife and listen to how it turned our world upside down. Maybe you will think twice before you leave your ignorant comments

Last edited:

deepsouthmamaw

I had the same situation. Looks like they read from a script. My senario is the same. Except my husbands diagnosis was terminal. Two years into the battle the second time they sent me an intent to terminate{for missing too much work} he picked up the letter and shot himself the next day. I was stuned he had gone into remission and could of had a couple of more years. It has been 16 1/2 mths since and I miss him every single day. UPS has harrassed me to the brink of almost driving me crazy. Am now fired twice but I am still working. Waiting for pannel to meet. Right now it has been 10 days since I have been called into office for some minor infraction it has been the longest time I have gone without being call into office since this started two years ago. Maybe today will make 11. Good luck with your new endevor. I wish it were me and mine. MAMAW

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
I had the same situation. Looks like they read from a script. My senario is the same. Except my husbands diagnosis was terminal. Two years into the battle the second time they sent me an intent to terminate{for missing too much work} he picked up the letter and shot himself the next day. I was stuned he had gone into remission and could of had a couple of more years. It has been 16 1/2 mths since and I miss him every single day. UPS has harrassed me to the brink of almost driving me crazy. Am now fired twice but I am still working. Waiting for pannel to meet. Right now it has been 10 days since I have been called into office for some minor infraction it has been the longest time I have gone without being call into office since this started two years ago. Maybe today will make 11. Good luck with your new endevor. I wish it were me and mine. MAMAW

thats awful.... I dont know what else I can say . exept I`m so sorry for your loss... my prayers are with you and hang in there.

Omega man

Sorry to hear of your predicament. You sound like you had good intentions.
You didn't elaborate on what you actually did to service that dock customer. I assume that you sheeted and stop completed that delivery before you actually delivered it. This was a wrong move.
Working at UPS is all about covering your a.... You did not and paid a heavy price for it.
Why do so many of us feel the need to falsify our delivery records to accommodate this company?
You should have just done things honestly. Let UPS deal with the problems instead of taking them on yourself.

trickpony1

Why do so many of us feel the need to falsify our delivery records to accommodate this company?

....because that is what pkg car drivers are taught to do in order to make their day and the supervisors day go well. They don't realize that all it takes is the supe getting a burr under his saddle or orders from above or rinsing a taco down with beer to suddenly turn the tables.

I am so glad I signed the feeder bid sheet 25+ years ago. My ultimatum was either feeders or "out the door" as I could see pkg cars wasn't gonna get any better.

Looks like I was right.

UPS Lifer

no i wrote i had been canned

The most important thing is family. Please tell me that your wife is doing well.

There is life after UPS. It is a shame that there will be these terrible memories but I know you will pick yourself up and come out better than before.

I personally believe in Karma and you know what that means. What goes around comes around.

Take solace in knowing that you are going to take the high road and in the end you will be way ahead for doing it.

The most important thing is family. Please tell me that your wife is doing well.

There is life after UPS. It is a shame that there will be these terrible memories but I know you will pick yourself up and come out better than before.

I personally believe in Karma and you know what that means. What goes around comes around.

Take solace in knowing that you are going to take the high road and in the end you will be way ahead for doing it.
or at least higher ground.......lol

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
UK, I have followed a few of your threads but have opted to stay out of them for the most part. Nothing personal, just didn't have anything to contribute.

I truly believe that everything happens for a reason but we may not learn the reasons for a long time (if ever). Just know that we wish you the best and pray that all ends well for you and your family. Best wishes.

satellitedriver

Simple answer. I was small and thin.
Rough neighborhood. It was fun for the 13 year old "hoods" ( that is what we called them in the fifties) to beat up a 5 year old and take what ever he had in his pockets.

They definitely turned some screws.
The best thing they taught me was how to fight dirty.
I hate bullies to this day and learned early on that they are the weak.

your problem is that you have become a little UPS droan, you have forgoten that there is more to life than brown. getting fired from UPS is not the end of the world, its not a failure either, its just a Job it doesnt define you as a person ( well maybe for you it does) and theres other things out there, better things .
Drone?
Android, maybe.

I have never forgotten that there is more to life than Brown. I use Brown as an end to my means.
Funny advise from you about other things "out there" since you have only worked for UPS and have no other life work experience.
I left the nest at 17 and have survived and thrived since.
I would match my work, job and life experience with you any day.

You say you`ve dealt with things like murder and death in your family, this tells me you are either full of **** or you hardley knew them or cared for them. There`s no way someone who has expeirienced events like that would leave a heartless comment like you. I personly think you are full of ****.
My Grandfather was murdered, my best friend and an Uncle committed suicide.I have faced cancer surgery's with my mother, colon and breast.
My wife had surgery for a pre-cancerous state and Thank God everything turned out well. I could continue the list.
My experience has always been to keep personal problems at home.
I broke this rule just for you.
Personally, you don't know jack.
Heartless?
See my next response.

Theres a special coming up on CNN about familys dealing with the aftermath of a murder. You can watch my wife and listen to how it turned our world upside down.
I watched the first video's you posted about your mother in laws murder.
(and, I remember the PM's you sent to me, then)
A tragic, senseless loss of life and I would never make light of it
Personally, I would never allow anyone to video tape the church service of a loved one's funeral, much less post it.
I found it macabre and theatrics.
Never, would I be so heartless to try and spread my grief for sympathy.
You used your grieve as excuse for forgetting to sign papers to allow you to still stay in America even though you knew they were due a year in advance and you have the gall to call me heartless.

Maybe you will think twice before you leave your ignorant comments
I have always had a problem with ignorance and I try to conquer it daily.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Originally Posted by The-UK-Guy

Rough neighborhood. It was fun for the 13 year old "hoods" ( that is what we called them in the fifties) to beat up a 5 year old and take what ever he had in his pockets.

your problem is that you have become a little UPS droan, you have forgoten that there is more to life than brown. getting fired from UPS is not the end of the world, its not a failure either, its just a Job it doesnt define you as a person ( well maybe for you it does) and theres other things out there, better things .
Drone?
Android, maybe.
I have never forgotten that there is more to life than Brown. I use Brown as an end to my means.
Funny advise from you about other things "out there" since you have only worked for UPS and have no other life work experience.

You say you`ve dealt with things like murder and death in your family, this tells me you are either full of **** or you hardley knew them or cared for them. There`s no way someone who has expeirienced events like that would leave a heartless comment like you. I personly think you are full of ****.
My Grandfather was murdered, my best friend and an Uncle committed suicide.I have faced cancer surgery's with my mother, colon and breast.
My wife had surgery for a pre-cancerous state and Thank God everything turned out well. I could continue the list.
Heartless?
See my next response.

Theres a special coming up on CNN about familys dealing with the aftermath of a murder. You can watch my wife and listen to how it turned our world upside down.
Personally, I would never allow anyone to video tape the church service of a loved one's funeral, much less post it.
You used your grieve as excuse for forgetting to sign papers to allow you to still stay in America even though you knew they were due a year in advance and you have the gall to call me heartless.

Thats my wifes mother that your talking about. She was a good women.
anything I`ve said to you on here has been in good humor ......
that last post wasn`t called for

satellitedriver

Originally Posted by The-UK-Guy

Drone?
Android, maybe.

Heartless?
See my next response.

Thats my wifes mother that your talking about. She was a good women.
anything I`ve said to you on here has been in good humor ......
that last post wasn`t called for
Good humor?
I never spoke unkindly of your mother in law and I never will.
She was a good woman.
It is you, of who I speak.
I answered each of your idiotic queries and statements with an honest rebuttal.
IMHO, it was uncalled for for you to post a video of her service and use that as another excuse for your failings.
She was a good woman, so try and be a good man.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?

My wife is doing great thankyou the tumor was benign ( thank god) and the operation was a complete success. Thanks for asking.

squirlygirly

U.K. Guy...it's an unfortunate situation that's happening everywhere right now within the company, Nationwide. You just happened to become the weakest link in what it seems like they're trying to accomplish. But you're rising above it, and you seem to have your bestest interest at heart (family) and no one, nothing or anything else is gonna stand in your way, especially a mindless, robotic, company like we've unfortunately become. Your wife is proving that to you right now!!!! She sounds more than anything to be an extreme, brave soul. KUDOS to her and you and family!

Don''t look back, only look forward to what life has to offer. Wishing you the best!!! ~:->>>

P.S. I'm having a hard time believing "Satellitte" is a moderator of this forum. PLEASE, UK, do yourself a BIG favor and don't indulge in any more of his negativity. I know it's hard letting go, OK I don't after 17 years, but you've got too much positive going on right now in front of you to "entertain" something that other people do not have!!! Embarace it, cherish it, GO with it!

Last edited:

tunemixer

UK Guy, I wish you the best. Sorry it didn't work. But then again 17 years is a long time. Hope your next career treats you well.

If you can find anything else. Times are very very hard every where.
Sorry to see you go. I wish you well .You might want to check in with the union before you retire. I beleive the new rule is you can't collect your retirement until you are 64 IF you aren't 57.
GOOD LUCK !!