Calling out 6th punch - peak season - holiday pay

hey all I’m new here.

Hate to be so specific, but ups made it super clear that I was a Tuesday through Saturday, after I got a warning letter for calling out two Saturdays in a row last year because they can’t find coverage. (They ran 9 trips with 9 drivers no extras).

So this coming peak season, Christmas Eve is on a Monday. Clearly for the next eight weeks they’re going to “force” us to come in on 6th punches. If I call out Christmas Eve (my 6 punch), do I still get holiday pay for Christmas Day?

And two weeks before Christmas Eve I will need another Monday off. Would they discipline me for calling out on my 6th punch? Can they discipline me?

Why do you need all these Monday's off? Even those of us on the regular M-friend schedule have to work Saturdays all of December.

Hey they made it clear I’m a Saturday guy bud. If they can’t have extra drivers I can run my Saturday trip with, that’s not my problem. And if I ask off on an off peak Saturday and they say no because of shortage of drivers, screw them. And in all honesty, my personal business isn’t your problem. I need off two Monday’s. Is that such a crime?

Hey they made it clear I’m a Saturday guy bud. If they can’t have extra drivers I can run my Saturday trip with, that’s not my problem. And if I ask off on an off peak Saturday and they say no because of shortage of drivers, screw them. And in all honesty, my personal business isn’t your problem. I need off two Monday’s. Is that such a crime?
It's peak
We would all like to have a little time off to do things but it's not going to happen

JL 0513

It's more inconvenient for regular schedule guys to come in Saturdays than for you to come in on Monday. We have to miss family events.

Perhaps your situation is important but just seems odd to be scheduling things on Mondays during peak. It's like a guy who gets a job as a mall Santa and asks for a few days off in December.

It's more inconvenient for regular schedule guys to come in Saturdays than for you to come in on Monday. We have to miss family events.

Perhaps your situation is important but just seems odd to be scheduling things on Mondays during peak. It's like a guy who gets a job as a mall Santa and asks for a few days off in December.

FYI I wasn’t being rude, but with our healthcare plan we get twice a year dentist visits. I schedule my next appointment at every appointment I go to. Mine just happens to be a Monday in November this year. Of course I can reschedule, and I guess this is my fault for not taking care of my teeth but I feel like I definitely need to see them.

reginald95

Once peak starts they will make everyone Mon-Friday and force from the bottom up a 6th punch. At least that's how they are going to do it in my building.

542thruNthru

So this coming peak season, Christmas Eve is on a Monday. Clearly for the next eight weeks they’re going to “force” us to come in on 6th punches. If I call out Christmas Eve (my 6 punch), do I still get holiday pay for Christmas Day?

It would depend on what your supplemental language says.

Where I am you would still get paid as long as you worked at least 1 day in the week that the holiday falls in.
Screenshot_20181028-161504.png

GenericUsername

I'm a T-S driver. I won't be showing up Christmas Eve. They can't force me to show up. Any discipline won't stick. I've already told my dispatch, center manager, and ORs to not plan on seeing me on Mondays during peak. If they want me to work 14 hour days T-S, then great.