Cameras on certain trucks

Would this be considered a modification to the truck? Big feud going on right now in my building between drivers and automotive. Drivers asking for LED lights for the cargo area of their package cars. Shop says NO, that would be a modification to the vehicle. Even one of the cars the shop did install an LED cargo light was pulled out later.

MDupsernj

Would this be considered a modification to the truck? Big feud going on right now in my building between drivers and automotive. Drivers asking for LED lights for the cargo area of their package cars. Shop says NO, that would be a modification to the vehicle. Even one of the cars the shop did install an LED cargo light was pulled out later.
We can write up any car that doesn't have the led cab or cargo light and the shops has it installed by the next day in our building.

Cementups

Box Monkey
There is a camera in the bottom corner of some of the rear view camera monitors. The drivers in my building put a piece of a info notice over it. Some drivers even put a piece of black electrical tape over it.

I know what you speak of and that is NOT a camera. It's an IR reader. Nothing to worry about.

Johney

There is a camera in the bottom corner of some of the rear view camera monitors. The drivers in my building put a piece of a info notice over it. Some drivers even put a piece of black electrical tape over it.

I know what you speak of and that is NOT a camera. It's an IR reader. Nothing to worry about.
Didn't a mechanic on this board take one of those new rear view camera's apart? I swear I saw pictures of it on here a while ago. He said it wasn't a camera but a sensor like Cement says.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am yet to see in the methods, and memorized crap, anywhere where it says we need to be nice while driving. I am an A hole driver, personally and professionally, IF you deserve it. Let them record me, picking my nose, wiping my @$$, and anything else gross I can think of.

I guess the folks who wrote the methods never drove in New Jersey.

I do my job right , it just sucks to have cameras , GPS , telematics , all this crap . All I want to do is deliver a box . Why is it so hard to do that ? I just got a warning letter last week because Telematics said I recorded while driving , and computer was NOT in my hand . Its timing issue , if you stop complete , then crank truck , you just got a record while travel . The union is NO HELP !! They will NOT help me . If I get on list again , I get in MORE trouble ! We have people on this list that NEVER touch the diad if truck is running !! So this is proof the system has flaws !! At least the camera will PROVE that the diad is NOT in my hand while driving !!! SO that's a good thing !!!
Dude talk to your steward call your ba. Grieve it they can't use telematics to give warning letters. This is already decided.

oldngray

nowhere special
Dude talk to your steward call your ba. Grieve it they can't use telematics to give warning letters. This is already decided.

UPS CAN use telematics to give warning letters. Just grieve them to get them thrown out. UPS can and will try to do things like that hoping they can get away with it.

GolfCart

UPS CAN use telematics to give warning letters. Just grieve them to get them thrown out. UPS can and will try to do things like that hoping they can get away with it.

I have the warning letter for telematics , here at the house . I did write a letter protesting it . The union said its a safety issue , so they can NOT help me .

oldngray

nowhere special
Calling it a safety issue is BS, but many locals are all cosy with UPS management. I think electronics can't be used for disciplinary action ... the first occurrence. After that they can. One of those things the union agreed to despite the way it can be used to screw over employees.

oldngray

nowhere special
The real problem is with telematics which so frequently falsely reports errors. UPS should not be allowed to use it as evidence since it is not 100% accurate.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The real problem is with telematics which so frequently falsely reports errors. UPS should not be allowed to use it as evidence since it is not 100% accurate.

Perhaps but would you say that it is coincidence that the percentage of drivers wearing their seat belts has increased since Telematics has been installed?

JL 0513

You're an idiot if you think standing in the back of the truck and pissing in a bottle is "The right thing to do."

What's the alternative? Going to a restroom just twice a day during my residential delivery times would add about 40 minutes and about 20 miles to my day. UPS would never tolerate that. Just as they don't tolerate going out of area for lunch. Do I go in the woods? How about asking a residential customer if I could use their bathroom?

You're in the minority if you don't go in the truck. The guys even joke about it at the PCM's to the center manager and he's very aware of the reality.

Yup, just as lie detector tests can't be used as evidence. I see mistakes all the time. I've seen record in travel after never touching the board with vehicle running.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I do my job right , it just sucks to have cameras , GPS , telematics , all this crap . All I want to do is deliver a box . Why is it so hard to do that ? I just got a warning letter last week because Telematics said I recorded while driving , and computer was NOT in my hand . Its timing issue , if you stop complete , then crank truck , you just got a record while travel . The union is NO HELP !! They will NOT help me . If I get on list again , I get in MORE trouble ! We have people on this list that NEVER touch the diad if truck is running !! So this is proof the system has flaws !! At least the camera will PROVE that the diad is NOT in my hand while driving !!! SO that's a good thing !!!

Why are you stop completing in the truck seat?

Rico

How long before the day when the DIAD, or the package car simply says 'I'm sorry Dave, I afraid I can't do that'.