Can’t get a hold of anyone to confirm job offer.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
If you work part time in the building why don't you just talk to the center manager about it and see what he or she says and tell them you screwed up. Maybe they want to see if you are willing to work for it in regards too being hired as a driver.

Nirvroxx

You claim it took you several days to get the message for the job they offered you? What kind of phone do you have that doesn't alert you in a minute or less? I hate to tell you this but maybe the other guys that also applied for the job got the message a little bit sooner than a few days and said where and when. Did you talk to anybody else that you know that applied for the same position?
I don’t know of anyone else that applied from my hub to that other hub (it’s small and pretty far from here)except for one dude that’s already there. I don’t have his # though and I’m trying to get it. As far as the phone goes that was my bad. I saw the phone number and didn’t recognize it so I sent it to voicemail, I was also on vacation so I wasn’t answering anything at the time. I should have immediately checked my voicemails but that’s in the past now.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I don’t know of anyone else that applied from my hub to that other hub (it’s small and pretty far from here)except for one dude that’s already there. I don’t have his # though and I’m trying to get it. As far as the phone goes that was my bad. I saw the phone number and didn’t recognize it so I sent it to voicemail, I was also on vacation so I wasn’t answering anything at the time. I should have immediately checked my voicemails but that’s in the past now.
Get the phone number from someone at your building like a full-time manager, they should have the other hubs phone number. Go to the center manager at your building and ask if they can reach out to them for you and tell them you missed the call and feel like an idot and want this job bad. Might be your only shot at this thing.

Nirvroxx

Get the phone number from someone at your building like a full-time manager, they should have the other hubs phone number. Go to the center manager at your building and ask if they can reach out to them for you and tell them you missed the call and feel like an idot and want this job bad. Might be your only shot at this thing.
I just spoke with my immediate full timer, he asked for all the info and said he’ll talk to the other hub, from there not sure what else to do besides calling the hub again myself. Or going in person.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Just like that position.:chaseups:

relentless

got a call to drive a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, I missed the call and barely saw the message a few days ago. I’ve been trying to call the numbers they left me . 1 is disconnected and the other just rings forever. Went to HR and they gave me a fax number (Figures)and the direct number to the hub. Called the hub but not sure if that will be enough as the guy answering seemed lost. Any suggestions?
So, from my experience. I work in the hub and put a bid. I got a call from HR asking if I was still interested. Said YES. HR said, okay well the person before you (Seniority) has not answered his phone. We gonna try to reach out again and if he does not answer by the end of the week, the job is yours. This was about a month ago. I never heard back. I am guessing if he had not answered, I would not be loading/unloading.

The person after you, if you did put a bid, got the job. If it is anything that happened to me

Nirvroxx

So, from my experience. I work in the hub and put a bid. I got a call from HR asking if I was still interested. Said YES. HR said, okay well the person before you (Seniority) has not answered his phone. We gonna try to reach out again and if he does not answer by the end of the week, the job is yours. This was about a month ago. I never heard back. I am guessing if he had not answered, I would not be loading/unloading.

The person after you, if you did put a bid, got the job. If it is anything that happened to me
With all these hr cutbacks going on I’m wondering how ups is handling calls and situations like this. I only received that one call. nothing else. I’ve called the number they left behind for the last 3 days and it just rings and rings so maybe that office got cut? I was also told that particular hr office is pretty :censored2:ty. A coworker of mine that now works at the hub I applied to had to drive out there to get info because they weren’t answering his calls

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
With all these hr cutbacks going on I’m wondering how ups is handling calls and situations like this. I only received that one call. nothing else. I’ve called the number they left behind for the last 3 days and it just rings and rings so maybe that office got cut? I was also told that particular hr office is pretty *ty. A coworker of mine that now works at the hub I applied to had to drive out there to get info because they weren’t answering his calls
1603480997532.gif

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Got it. I do have a upers account. Ive been with the company 3 years.
............ I'm no longer with the company, but when I was my first stop every night was usually upstairs regarding something stupid. Like me driving. Which ended up being stupid but yes this thread needs to be closed, you're in the building every damn day and you didn't bother to ring a couple of bells?!? Or if you're on pre-load, go to the PCM and ask the center manager when he's done with his bull:censored2:? About driving or something maybe he might have some power over?

Nirvroxx

............ I'm no longer with the company, but when I was my first stop every night was usually upstairs regarding something stupid. Like me driving. Which ended up being stupid but yes this thread needs to be closed, you're in the building every damn day and you didn't bother to ring a couple of bells?!? Or if you're on pre-load, go to the PCM and ask the center manager when he's done with his bull*? About driving or something maybe he might have some power over?
When everything is based on seniority why would I go upstairs every day to see if a driving job is available at a hub 100 miles away? Did you expect them to bump someone higher than me for that job? The way their system works, when your number is called, it’s your time. Why waste my time like that?