Can a full time driver go back to part time?

Lava96

I guess you could get a DUI and that would land you back in part time. However, I don't think you will be able to just select your old airport job.
I know this is a few years back, but kind of in that boat rn and don’t know if my class A license will be revoked indefinitely. If that’s the case do you get sent back to part time with seniority and benefits or will they fire and rehire?

I know this is a few years back, but kind of in that boat rn and don’t know if my class A license will be revoked indefinitely. If that’s the case do you get sent back to part time with seniority and benefits or will they fire and rehire?
I really doubt if they will send you back to PT and will give you a Do Not Rehire recommendation.

542thruNthru

sketch-1712843589319.jpg

nWo

If you quit they aren't going to hire your drunk ass back. If you are lucky there will be an open ft inside job open for you to cover. If not enjoy split shifts. You have two years to get your license back or UPS will show you the door.

nWo

Here's a thread of someone that was terminated for taking longer than 2 years to get his license back.

Brownwind

In this current environment with many cuts in all departments don’t count on being rehired. Get your license back and download a ride share app or stay home.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
im a feeder driver, however i have been debating about going back to my part time job at the airport, is this doable? the few people that i ave asked they said it might be done but they were not sure. also if i do go back to part time, to i keep my full time seniority that i have build up, for example i have 3 years full time, do i always keep that 3 years?

im trying to have a business of my own, while still working at UPS as part time at least
Quit and get rehired lose all seniority.

Last edited by a moderator:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hope they revoke your DL for the rest of your life. How many times did you drive drunk? killed anybody yet? Sorry to be so tough on you. But you’re a professional driver time to grow up and act like one

Lava96

Hope they revoke your DL for the rest of your life. How many times did you drive drunk? killed anybody yet? Sorry to be so tough on you. But you’re a professional driver time to grow up and act like one
if they do they do. I just came on here to see what my options would be within the company. I wasn’t drunk. Either way wasn’t the right thing. Didn’t crash or total my car or kill anybody 👌

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
If your wernt drunk , where's your CDL ??
And don't go by advice on here ,,
Some great people , but lots of knuckleheads
You call your BA

If your wernt drunk , where's your CDL ??
And don't go by advice on here ,,
Some great people , but lots of knuckleheads
You call your BA
I believe the BAC for a CDL is .04. Half of a regular license. Most people would not be considered drunk at that level. Still it shows impairment and results in the loss of license. Permanently on a second offense. UPS is not going to rehire you.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
if they do they do. I just came on here to see what my options would be within the company. I wasn’t drunk. Either way wasn’t the right thing. Didn’t crash or total my car or kill anybody 👌
Ok Doc if you weren’t drunk why do you no longer have a class “A” license?