Can I be made to punch back in?

Johney

Incorrect. While they cannot make you punch back in, if you do, your hours of service just continue.

You do not need 10 hours off. Although, once you punch back in, you may only have anywhere from 0 to 6 hours available, up to your 14, depending on how long you worked before you punched out.
Why not passed 14?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Why not passed 14?

Because you cannot drive after being on duty for 14 hours.

You can get a 2 hour extension once a week, but that is reserved for "unexpected" circumstances. You should not get a DOT extension just because "Bob" needs a little help.

you have to have 10 hrs off.

You need 10 hours off to reset your 14. You can work, say 10 hours, clock out, and clock back in.

You now have 4 hours available left to work. You do not need 10 hours off to clock back in. But you only have 4 hours available.

The issue appears when a driver works 11 hours and then starts the next morning without having 10 hours off. He only has 3 hours available, not enough to do his package route.

You cannot drive after being on duty for 14 hours without taking 10 consecutive hours off. Your on duty time does not have to be consecutive. You add up all your on duty time you had before a consecutive 10 hour off duty.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
One would think that you can't be forced to clock back in and do more work after you already clocked out, and especially if you already left the building. Talk to your BA.

If you were unsure, you probably handled it the right way. I would have continued on my way. If they did force me to stay longer/clock back in, it's turtle mode until I'm done.

Once you've finished your assigned work (which used to be defined as what you left with that AM) you were under no obligation to do other work, much less clock back in. Sounds like she was doing the management push, seeing how much she intimidate you. Since you did it, nothing much can be done now, maybe call your BA, but it's always wise to have your BA's cell #, so you can get a quick decision. If it were me, and for some nutty reason I found myself back out in that package car, I would have made a historic mark on her reports so she knew the consequences of thinking of my name next time she needed someone. That's your real leverage in a situation like this. Finger your name in the wet cement, if you follow.