Can I bid to do inside work as a 22.4 if they've got most 22.4 laid off?

jjm113

I'm 5th on the list of 22.4 at my center and since they cut everyone below me weekly I'm out super late during the week and then our til 11:45 pm on Saturdays. I've driven for 3 years now and this is how I've been worked the entire time with no break, I've had one vacation since I've started. This week I finally had to go onto fmla for mental health reasons. I'm curious to know if I can bid inside building work since 22.4 is supposed to be a combination job anyways. I need a break that they're only giving guys below me.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I don't know what to say but even without the monetary penalty, you really need to be filing for excessive overtime in addition to everybody else with 9.5 and supervisors working.

jjm113

So file a 9.5 grievance? Does that paper trail do anything at all without a penalty. Also do I become a tracker to be able to right those or do I just start writing them?

10:30 resi

Check your supplement. In the Atlantic we have this language. Maybe your area has something similar.
Screenshot_20230217-205922.png

Thebrownblob

22.4s can’t file 9.5
Yep I don’t know why people are telling him to file 22.4’s don’t have 95 protection. Hopefully it’s fixed shortly. If there are 22.3 jobs available he may be able to bid into those kind of a crapshoot because it goes by seniority, and classification in some places.

jjm113

Yep I don’t know why people are telling him to file 22.4’s don’t have 95 protection. Hopefully it’s fixed shortly. If there are 22.3 jobs available he may be able to bid into those kind of a crapshoot because it goes by seniority, and classification in some places.
We don't have 22.3 never heard of it honestly

542thruNthru

22.4s can’t file 9.5

22.4s can't file Article 37 1 (c) grievances (9.5 national language.) They can file for reduction of overtime there just isn't a penalty. It just depends on the supp. For instance Article 19 in the Western.

Thebrownblob

22.4s can't file Article 37 1 (c) grievances (9.5 national language.) They can file for reduction of overtime there just isn't a penalty. It just depends on the supp. For instance Article 19 in the Western.
Yup they certainly can and they can file management employee relations as well. Still difficult to argue that that a low seniority person isn’t getting this extra work that was refused by everyone else. Somebody’s got to do the work. Will take quite a paper trail and I don’t think we’ve ever reach that level here.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It’s an inside job for full-time, not everywhere has them.

My Local has inside/inside.. inside/outside (air combo).. and inside/yard shifter.

Typically, the 22.3 jobs have gone to the bigger buildings where they have back-to-back shifts.

Or, where they've had a problem with turnover in the PT ranks. Smaller buildings might never see one.

Thebrownblob

My Local has inside/inside.. inside/outside (air combo).. and inside/yard shifter.

Typically, the 22.3 jobs have gone to the bigger buildings where they have back-to-back shifts.

Or, where they've had a problem with turnover in the PT ranks. Smaller buildings might never see one.
Like 120ish or 130 here I can’t remember

Mst3k

Check your supplemental seniority language. 22.4 are combination employees that can work both inside and outside. You could potentially argue that they violated your seniority by not giving you the option to go inside before any lower seniority 22.4

Thebrownblob

Check your supplemental seniority language. 22.4 are combination employees that can work both inside and outside. You could potentially argue that they violated your seniority by not giving you the option to go inside before any lower seniority 22.4
We have a current grievance, put on hold for the exact opposite reason as well, not allowing 22.4. drive by seniority

542thruNthru

Yup they certainly can and they can file management employee relations as well. Still difficult to argue that that a low seniority person isn’t getting this extra work that was refused by everyone else. Somebody’s got to do the work. Will take quite a paper trail and I don’t think we’ve ever reach that level here.
I know AZ local 104 has had some success with reduction of overtime for 22.4s but yes it takes a consolidated effort, not just 1 or 2 guys filing every so often.