Can I catch a break here?

EasyTrucker

I was told I was least best driver in package car until they brought in an outside manager for a three day ride along. He didn't like being out at night delivering apartments in Feb. Suddenly the route was the problem and not me. Was told I was the least best in over allowed hours in feeders. My Sup rode with me and said it's not you it's the way we have you entering info into IVIS. I'm an all-around least bester!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
First of all, let me preface by saying that I am currently in my 30 day probationary period. With that being said, I have a line supervisor that has a unique issue I haven't encountered in previous jobs. He has his days where he is happy go lucky and everything is cool. But then all that has to happen is he gets angry with one person, doesn't matter who it is, and then he is mad at the whole world. It definitely doesn't do much to increase team morale and frankly it is downright stressful to have your supervisor jumping down your throat or mistreating you when you have done nothing wrong. Just kind of anonymously venting here to let go of some of the frustrations this is causing. Thanks for listening.
Get used to it youngblood, same shiznitt everyday. Just come to work and bring your cherry lube everyday and leave your feelings at home and you should be fine lol.:peaceful:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
First of all, let me preface by saying that I am currently in my 30 day probationary period. With that being said, I have a line supervisor that has a unique issue I haven't encountered in previous jobs. He has his days where he is happy go lucky and everything is cool. But then all that has to happen is he gets angry with one person, doesn't matter who it is, and then he is mad at the whole world. It definitely doesn't do much to increase team morale and frankly it is downright stressful to have your supervisor jumping down your throat or mistreating you when you have done nothing wrong. Just kind of anonymously venting here to let go of some of the frustrations this is causing. Thanks for listening.
My mom was a teacher. She had this problem where someone pissed her off at work and she took it out on us. I pointed that out one time. It didn't end well for me.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I never let anyone jump down my throat or mistreat me. I'm a grown ass man, and if you want to yell at me I'm going to yell right back. However if he is just being a snotty butthole just say okay and move on with your day. A lot of these guys are all bark, as soon as you bark louder they back down.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I never let anyone jump down my throat or mistreat me. I'm a grown ass man, and if you want to yell at me I'm going to yell right back. However if he is just being a snotty butthole just say okay and move on with your day. A lot of these guys are all bark, as soon as you bark louder they back down.
The op is in his first 30 days...yell at a sup and bye bye newbie.

YellowSox

Welcome to ups!

Sent using BrownCafe App

OP, if your supervisor is anything like the archetypal supervisor, he or she probably drinks a kidney-collapsing amount of energy drinks just to keep pace with the operation and his extremely competitive peers, has a spouse, is quitting smoking, and works at UPS. It's hard to tell which of the five is least best for emotional stability.

Just be agreeable, but if he or she is out of line, ask nicely if he's feeling okay today. If he's a reasonable person most of the time, he might realize he's displacing that crap onto his employees and turn his attitude around.

He might also have some incurable personality disorder, in which case let me welcome you to the UPS family. We're all that weird uncle or aunt you get age/gender-inappropriate gifts from and catch admiring the pattern on your dress for a little too long. All in one place.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
On my old route I was called into the center manager's office on a frequent basis. Was told I was the most overallowed or "least best" the day before.
My standard answer after a while was "If you think yesterday was bad wait till you see today's numbers." After a while they learned to not piss me off before leaving the building as I could easily double my overallowed.

Future

Victory Ride
By no means am I defending sups,that is the life they chose so let it be written let it be done!!!! They get there asses handed to them almost everyday by upper mgt.....would think it takes a hard toll on there personality and rolls down to you!