Can I get fired because they don't like me?

Bob11B

It doesn’t matter if they don’t like you, I only talk to a few other drivers at my center. I get the same vibe from many drivers at my center, they probably don’t like me Bc they Bitch 24/7 and act like it is the hardest job on the planet and they are Gods...I am a newer driver and in my mid thirties, I’m there for the paycheck and benefits so who cares if they like you or not.

BobBarker

They hired me after peak season was over, but it seems like they don't really "like" me, I'm getting weird vibes from everyone there for seemingly no reason. No one talks to me I get weird looks, boss "forgot" to put me on the schedule once after I'd been there for two months (yeah, ok buddy). Seems like people have it out for me for no reason. I go in and dont bother anyone and do my job and leave.

My question is: can they get rid of me if I haven't done anything wrong? If people want to treat me like :censored2: I don't care, I still want to work here and I can just ignore them, no problem. I'm not going to quit, even though I've heard from other people it seems like they might be pushing me in that direction.
dude if your in the union your job is safe. make sure your getting union initation fees taken out of your check

Returntosender

9ADE4B19-04F2-4B46-813E-A95659822A85.jpeg

Purchase a hidden camera when they fire you get them on video for saying your terminated cause i don’t like you!

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They hired me after peak season was over, but it seems like they don't really "like" me, I'm getting weird vibes from everyone there for seemingly no reason. No one talks to me I get weird looks, boss "forgot" to put me on the schedule once after I'd been there for two months (yeah, ok buddy). Seems like people have it out for me for no reason. I go in and dont bother anyone and do my job and leave.

My question is: can they get rid of me if I haven't done anything wrong? If people want to treat me like :censored2: I don't care, I still want to work here and I can just ignore them, no problem. I'm not going to quit, even though I've heard from other people it seems like they might be pushing me in that direction.
giphy.gif

Box Ox

They hired me after peak season was over, but it seems like they don't really "like" me, I'm getting weird vibes from everyone there for seemingly no reason.

Get out of your own head. Relax and loosen up. If you act like a paranoid space alien on your sort, people will keep you at arm's length.

No one talks to me

Have you tried talking to and shown genuine interest in other folks on your sort? Helps pass the time. But only if you try to make connections.

I get weird looks, boss "forgot" to put me on the schedule once after I'd been there for two months (yeah, ok buddy). Seems like people have it out for me for no reason.

Doubt it. Most peoples' lives are already complicated enough. They just want to make their money and get back to the family. Not give the new guy on the sort a hard time.

I'm not going to quit, even though I've heard from other people it seems like they might be pushing me in that direction.

It's OK to quit if you think the UPS environment isn't good for/to you. No reason to waste your time when you could be working somewhere else. But you'd probably feel that people don't like or are weird vibing you at any other workplace.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
feature-bulleye.jpg

May as well wear this shirt...

Stay under the radar and wad. They'll try to find something to make u quit if they're really that petty.

I've seen it happen with drivers in my purple side of the business

IESucks

Like my sup once told me, if they want to get rid of you they will. There's too many things you have to do right.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Purchase a hidden camera when they fire you get them on video for saying your terminated cause i don’t like you!
No problem in Georgia.
No reason has to be given to the fired employee.
I had to fire a few people who reported to me and I honestly liked everyone of them.
There were a few people along the way I did not like but they were not terminated by me.