Can I get fired because they don't like me?

dudebro

Like my sup once told me, if they want to get rid of you they will. There's too many things you have to do right.
This is true.

That said, if you come in on time every day and do your job without complaint (and not even particularly fast) , you'll be a freakin' hero.

Indecisi0n

They hired me after peak season was over, but it seems like they don't really "like" me, I'm getting weird vibes from everyone there for seemingly no reason. No one talks to me I get weird looks, boss "forgot" to put me on the schedule once after I'd been there for two months (yeah, ok buddy). Seems like people have it out for me for no reason. I go in and dont bother anyone and do my job and leave.

My question is: can they get rid of me if I haven't done anything wrong? If people want to treat me like :censored2: I don't care, I still want to work here and I can just ignore them, no problem. I'm not going to quit, even though I've heard from other people it seems like they might be pushing me in that direction.
I was fired because they don't like my kind....tall people

longhorns19

they probably don’t like me Bc they Bitch 24/7 and act like it is the hardest job on the planet .

Dude same. I have never worked with so many grown men who complain this much. Just whining about every tiny thing they're asked to do, I want to tell them to stop being such whiny pusillanimous.

Sad to see this is still happening. This happened to me a few years back, went through the complete peak season, kicking ass. Got retained as per my supervisor who was an amazing sup.

Then the shift manager started his shady ways having all the seasonal’s who made it and some fooled who thought they made it come work a New Year’s Eve shift off the clock and off the system (I believe we got paid a week before a minimum of 4 hours for the NYE). Low and behold I nearly sever my finger on that shift. Not a first aid kit in site, no sup and manager trained in first aid. I had to use tons of Gauze and scotch tape!!!! Manager stated “I’ve seen worse kid” I finished my shift. Went to an urgent care got a Tetanus shot and antibiotics. I present the workman’s comp to the manager and Risk management supervisor, they both flip out. Manager’s exact words “you know you’ve :censored2:ed me right? You weren’t on the system that date. I need you to storm into the district supervisor’s office and say you got confused and that the accident occurred on the last date you were in the system.”

I refused. And then the “misloads” started appearing on my trailers. Mind you not a single one during my two months of peak season. I was the only guy on 1 trailer that would be the retain trailer meaning it was the local trailer that was never locked up.

Long story short I left UPS after being threatened with termination due to excessive misloads” wound up with an amazing gig paying triple the amount as a handler at 22 y.o, I’m still there today.

As for the manager he was transferred to another facility for unknown reasons after One of his belts crew was busted in a huge iPhone theft scam. I think 4 dudes were involved.

Recently I came on here and found out he was canned for having guys work off the clock and other shady :censored2:.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Just click your heels 3 times and repeat after me, "There's no place like home, there's no place like home...."

The little flying monkeys in the polo shirts; uhh, they don't have your back.

Your not in Kansas anymore, Toto.