Can I get in trouble for not reporting a thief in my trailer if they're caught?

LarryBird

This is what Word of God says:

Mathew 18:15-17
- If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother. "But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that BY THE MOUTH OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES EVERY FACT MAY BE CONFIRMED. "If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.

Galatians 6:1
- Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore your brother in a spirit of gentleness. keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted."
Seriously?

Do you go to the scriptures for all of you and your friend's little hiccups in life or do you ever try to just work it out yourself? Using the wisdom god bestowed upon you by way of your intelligence, of course. But still, on your own, like without Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John's help with the wording?

Because if you are one of those people who quotes scripture when someone comes to you with a problem or a question, just so you know, they're the worst.

Example:
Hey Spector, do you know what I should do about these calluses? One broke open, and it's kinda painful.

In fact, I do Larry. In Matthew 1:69 The word of god says that no man shall have calluses they shant have earned, so thou shalt rejoice in the gift the lord bestowed upon their rough strong hands, and see god in them. Work hard and thou calluses shall be your entry to the kingdom of God - he will be checking everyone's hands, and the man with a hand soft like a sheeps wool will have an easier time passing through the birth canal of a virgin, than the gates of the lords kingdom.

Uhhhhh. Thanks man? I'm just gonna head to the walgreens down on main st there, and probably grab some NuSkin, but right on. Amen.

Last edited:

247spies

As a steward I say go to LP. They will put cameras up and catch the thief. you will get something for your honesty. No business needs this type of thing.
If an employee will steal from the company they will steal from their peers.

bbsam

Staff member
And nobody has manned up and said something yet?

How scary and 'dangerous' is this guy exactly?
And that’s why I’m right. Make a scene. It’ll give the others a “safe space” to come
Forward too.

Jeez. This isn’t that hard.

KoennenTiger

If I leave my water jug in my car over night it's gone in the morning. God back when I was a hub rat I remember being up on the sort aisle and the whiny bitch who always needed a ride cause too many DUIs and wanted sympathy for his latest court hearing with his current ex wife would go through all our coats and steal anything we left in there. How could he even look in our eyes?

You really think some POS who will blatently steal from boxes won't steal from your coat?

No room for thieves in here. Do you really want him around? Go tell your center manager you have something you need to tell him. Good riddance.

LarryBird

As a steward I say go to LP. They will put cameras up and catch the thief. you will get something for your honesty. No business needs this type of thing.
If an employee will steal from the company they will steal from their peers.
I've always found this to be a misconception in my experience.

My experience has actually been that there is some twisted code of honor among thieves. They usually steal from companies and corporations, but not people, or at least people they know.

But who cares about semantics. A thief is still a thief I guess, regardless who they're stealing from, and it's probably stealing from people ultimately when it gets to the bottom line, because those 'shrinkage' costs get passed on to the final consumer.

LarryBird

If I leave my water jug in my car over night it's gone in the morning. God back when I was a hub rat I remember being up on the sort aisle and the whiny bitch who always needed a ride cause too many DUIs and wanted sympathy for his latest court hearing with his current ex wife would go through all our coats and steal anything we left in there. How could he even look in our eyes?

You really think some POS who will blatently steal from boxes won't steal from your coat?

No room for thieves in here. Do you really want him around? Go tell your center manager you have something you need to tell him. Good riddance.
Anyone who lets somebody steal from their jacket knowingly and does nothing about it is bitch made.

Please tell me you or someone else there punched him in the face.

If nobody did, that's kind of sad. Street justice is the really the only kind of true justice, in my eyes. The real justice system gets no respect from criminals, because 90% of them love jail. 3 hots and a cot, no job, hanging with their boys from the hood, gambling - they don't mind that :censored2:.

KoennenTiger

Anyone who lets somebody steal from their jacket knowingly and does nothing about it is bitch made.

Please tell me you or someone else there punched him in the face.

If nobody did, that's kind of sad. Street justice is the really the only kind of true justice, in my eyes. The real justice system gets no respect from criminals, because 90% of them love jail. 3 hots and a cot, no job, hanging with their boys from the hood, gambling - they don't mind that :censored2:.

That guy no longer works at my hub. But all my other bros in that sweaty pit are still there, some of them drivers, others with the seniority to float where they want now. I see em every single day and we get respect from each other knowing that we did and we do this.

That thief is gone, they will always be gone until they hit rock bottom they have no chance. It's a blessing for them to help them get there. Why physically attack them? I'm not angry I can buy another water jug, I keep cases of water in my truck anyway take them hub rats this :censored2: is rough drink up. I could buy another pack of smokes (don't smoke kids it ain't worth it), I can get more stuff. If I want some candy I can buy it. If I want a pair of headphones I can buy it. If I want a fancy car? I bought it. If I want a huge TV? Got it. Want a fancy phone why bother this one plays my pod casts just fine and I can still chat with my wife, my kids can still call me and tell me happy father's day.

I'll put up with a lot from guys I want to see succeed. I've worked with the drunks, with the tweakers, with the dumb pot head whose "baby momma" (yeah that's his kid lel) tells me about how his girl beats him, and how he's gonna make it once he finishes college (can you spell college?). I don't hate. But a thief?! A thief has no place in this building with this company. Help that guy hit rock bottom.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
No, I'm dumb if I run to the steward. They run with the same 'crew'. It will probably result in a talking to, but my steward doesn't respect snitching in the least. I can already see the disgusted look in his eyes regarding me as I'm downgraded from a Man for ratting dude out to him. And if he gets a talking to, he'll be sniffing around for how the steward caught wind which he is bound to find out as they have 'mutual allies'. No, I have to be smart about this. If I blow the whistle on him, I need him fired not warned, where he has no chance to sniff around.

For that there is only two people in power at the facility that would swiftly terminate him. That's the Head supervisor who dispatched the two thieves I mentioned this year, but I don't have the best relationship with her and I can't help but feel that she would look at me with the degradation of the warden's pet for doing so. The next is the female head of security. I've never uttered more than hi to her because quite frankly she intimidates me. She has a marine cut, big amazonian stature and the very angry scrutinizing eyes of a woman that has seen the horrors of war. Every time her eyes are on me, I turn mines to the floor. Quite frankly I think she'd be more at home in a black ops division than working security at a ups facility but I digress. If I dropped hints to them, they would put him on a monitor and he would be gone within a few days because he steals that often with impunity.

Tho I'm not really trying to get the man fired by my own volition. I understand people have their families & things to take care of and I would personally feel kinda bad being the direct source of a man losing his livelihood. If he gets himself caught and fired, that's his own fault and my conscience is clean. I just don't want him to steal in my trailer so I'm not linked to his wanton indiscretions. He could be taking blood diamonds out his trailer and that would be none of my business. I'm certainly not about to try to play Hero with dangerous ex convicts for the sake of doing ups a solid when they're consistently short on my check and barely want to give me my 3.5. To that end, I think what bbsam said is the most logical way to go for now.

I will tell my supervisor tomorrow "Look Boss, I can't be paired up in trailers with X anymore and don't send him to help me in my trailers anymore. He's a cool cat socially, but I need this Job and I can't afford to look like I was party to anything that could potentially make me lose my job. I hope you get where I'm coming from." If he ask "Why? What's wrong?" I'll just pat his shoulder and say "That's for you to figure out in time." With that I think I'll have protected myself without losing my dignity as a snitch.

How about a TLDR version

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I'm an unloader and there is this other unloader in my shift that is like a kleptomaniac. Every time I'm unloading with this guy, he is busting open packages for candy, juice bottles, food, Iphones, headphones and everything else that's small enough to smuggle out or won't be paid too much attention to.

Now let me state my position here-- I honestly don't care what he is doing in his own trailers because if he gets caught, that's on him. But you see, when he is doing that in the same trailer as me, I'm afraid they're going to think I was an accomplice if he is caught even tho the camera should show me constantly unloading.

I'm cool with the guy and I'm remiss to snitch but this is my job we're talking about. We've already had 2 arrest for stealing in my facility this year and I don't want to join them. I feel like I'm kinda being forced to throw him up under the bus to save myself. And no, I haven't talked to him about this because if he is caught stealing, I don't want him to suspect me of snitching. He is a pretty dangerous guy.

So I want to know that if he does get caught stealing in one of my trailers and he is caught, will I get in trouble or be fired along with him for not saying anything?
Omerta!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
20180510_171547.jpg
That’s the problem...too many people watching Mafia and gang banging movies. In the real world people report crimes because it’s the right thing to do. In the hood and where the Mafia is, it’s being a rat or snitch.

Hope your car is fully insured?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
He is in a tough spot. He has a chance of losing his job over this and if he tries confronting him he may put himself in jeopardy.
Losing a job? BS. Not saying that cannot happen but this is not someone "being an accomplice", either. That's silly talk (not that you said it)

Me personally, besides talking to the thief, I'd talk to a steward before anyone else.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If they're already on to it, he might already be done.

Or they might be investigating to see who exactly is doing the stealing, and planning to leave everyone else out of it.

I'd guess, that with staffing issues how they are, he is fine if he's not engaging in the theft. He's probably got that going in his favor. But again, who could really know for sure.
That’s why you tell management what’s going on. So that you know for sure you’re safe. Smh