Can I get your input???

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
Worst case (for you) you bought 2 tvs. Your parents will love you even more. The shippers sales will increase (by 1) and your UPS guy (girl) will be done dragging tvs up your driveway:happy-very: happy holidays

DorkHead

So one more question for you knowledgeable, handsome (I'm assuming) men...So when UPS comes looking for my 2nd TV and I can't produce it they won't like arrest me will they? Whats the protocol, will they not leave until I give them what they want? You think I can bribe the driver with freshly made pumpkin bread? Really, should I just call them and not answer my door? Now I'm kinda scarrred...damn tv.

If I were the driver, I would have you sign the driver follow up stating you received it. If you signed saying you didn`t receive it then I would grab you by the neck, drag your ass outside and beat you repeatedly on the head with my Diad ( only kidding) You know in your heart what the correct thing to do is. Did you pay for 2 T.V.s. Ok now, have a happy holiday and I`ll see you in church!

Big Babooba

So one more question for you knowledgeable, handsome (I'm assuming) men...So when UPS comes looking for my 2nd TV and I can't produce it they won't like arrest me will they? Whats the protocol, will they not leave until I give them what they want? You think I can bribe the driver with freshly made pumpkin bread? Really, should I just call them and not answer my door? Now I'm kinda scarrred...damn tv.
You will be tied to a tree and receive 50 lashes with a cat-o-nine tails:devil3: Just sign the followup that you received the package because UPS could make the driver pay for it.:anxious:

samiam

I wish, there for I am?
My understanding is that if UPS did pay for a claim put in by the shipper, that UPS has the right to get the T.V. they paid the claim on. They try to get what ever moneys they can out the products they pay claims on. UPS wants the T.V. back because they probably paid for it!!!

By the way, I love my route and the people, but I would never waste my time too check if a customer got a package I had left for them. Not unless there was a driver follow-up telling me to.

cino321

How come no one is asking why those TV's were driver released, for crying out loud they are 40 inches. That box must be gigantic, is that driver out of his/her mind?

Leftinbuilding

The bottom line is, UPS bought the second TV. It is not the shippers TV to give away. You can bet your last dollar UPS will want their TV back. To keep it would be theft and that never ends pretty.

dammor

The bottom line is, UPS bought the second TV. It is not the shippers TV to give away. You can bet your last dollar UPS will want their TV back. To keep it would be theft and that never ends pretty.

I agree. Just do the right thing. I think you already know what that is.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
UPS hasn't bought anything yet. They won't pay a claim on a DR until there have been at least three attempts on a follow up, and they won't pay a damage claim until they inspect the damage.

Sign the follow up stating that you did receive the TV. Tell the driver what the company shipper told you(that you could keep both). That will be the end of it for UPS, we won't be buying anything at that point. If the shipper was serious about you keeping the TV for free, that will be the end of it for you as well. If not, I'm sure you will hear from them.

pkg-king

What you are describing is a felony. Tell the truth, either pay for 2 tv's or give one back, acting stupid is no excuse, what you're describing is stealing.

rod

Retired 22 years
Play stupid- it always works for me. (enjoy both tvs):happy2: Unless they show up at your door with a sheriffs badge tell them to get bent. Big Businesses nowdays don't give a crap about anything. (A wise old center manager of mine once told me "ignore the first 1st warning-" if they are really serious they will send you another) In 30 years at UPS that was the only advise from a center manager that turned out to be true.

A

axyl

Terrible advice Rod. Are you really proud of telling someone that playing stupid always works for you? Think about that statement. Where's you self respect man?

Sutty, do you really want to wake up in 10 years and realize that you are like Rod? Stand up and be an honest person. Pay for the second tv, you'll respect yourself more.

rod

Retired 22 years
Terrible advice Rod. Are you really proud of telling someone that playing stupid always works for you? Think about that statement. Where's you self respect man?

Sutty, do you really want to wake up in 10 years and realize that you are like Rod? Stand up and be an honest person. Pay for the second tv, you'll respect yourself more.
The way I am reading this is that the person that sent the tv don't want it back. Now if he gives it to UPS what are they going to do with it? Send it back to someone that don't want it or auction it off at the overgoods center? (got a feeling it would end up in some ups persons tv den anyway) Has this company filed a claim on it or just sent a new one? If a claim has been filed give it up. I've got enough parts to almost build a brand new $1800 refrigerator because Sears keep sending me the wrong parts when my new one came with a 1 inch scratch on the bottom door. The service man told me to keep them so I did. Who knows- some day I may need to replace the another door or shelf or set of hinges or a half dozen other parts.

HazMatMan

It's outrageous that you think that you can keep 2 tvs because someone else said you could. If someone told you to jump off a cliff would you do it? (I'm a mom, it's a natural reflex for me to say that when you blame your lack of character and poor judgement on someone else.)

Being honest 96% of the time isn't good enough... go to your room.

Cheryl, with all do respect to you, I don't think ANYONE is honest 100% of the time, it's impossible.. If you go buy groceries, pay for them, come home, check your receipt and find out something was not scanned, so basically you got it for free, would you go back to the supermarket and then pay for it??? If you answer no, is that dishonest?? Well, I would answer no, does that make me a criminal?? a dishonest person???

HazMatMan

Wow, if what people on here are saying about being honest they should wind up in sainthood. I remember opening up an egg-roll box that said 10 egg-rolls inside, I got 11, a mistake at the packing plant would be my guess, am I supposed to call anyone to return the extra egg-roll?? I didn't and ate it, am I dishonest?? This guy is trying to do the right thing and look what is happening, how long should he try to rectify the problem??? a week??? a month??? a year???? what if nothing gets done about the 2nd tv and he winds up keeping it for free?? Is he dishonest??? I am not comparing egg rolls to tv's but there are certain degrees of dishonesty, I do not believe he is being dishonest about the tv....I just think he is dealing with stupid people...Just my "honest" opinion...lol

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
How come no one is asking why those TV's were driver released, for crying out loud they are 40 inches. That box must be gigantic, is that driver out of his/her mind?
A 40 inch plasma TV is not just a couple of hundred bucks. And a box that big and heavy takes a good bit of effort to take it up to the door. There is no way I would DR something like that if no one is home. And if you only paid for one TV, that is all you should get. Anything else is dishonest, there is no gray area here. Trying to gain off someone else"s mistake is wrong no matter who made it. If a Driver Followup is issued, then the Shipper is expecting UPS to get it back or pay for it, no matter what a customer rep says over the phone.

HazMatMan

I say let the chips fall where they may, if they ask for the tv back you send it back, end of story. If not, you tried to take care of the situation.. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Show me a person who says they are honest 100% of the time and i'll show you a dishonest person.....

HazMatMan

If UPS wants it back, you give it back no problem. How is it theft if he keeps it?? He tried to rectify the problem...The person told him to keep it. Whether they were joking or not they should have never made that comment because some people would take it to heart and keep it..

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
What do you mean? Outrageous that I'm asking if I have to give the TV back? Or outrageous that they sent me 2 beautiful TV's? I really am usually an honest person at least 96% of the time...but they said "Keep the tv."

Do you think the UPS guy was just checking in to make sure I got the 2nd TV, he did leave it outside...the first one he put inside my front door.
i wantah meet the friggin ups guy who put that 42 '' tv in the front door, what kind of magic is that

sutty

i wantah meet the friggin ups guy who put that 42 '' tv in the front door, what kind of magic is that
He opened the front door and pushed the TV inside...I'm pretty sure it didn't take any magic, I had left instructions for him to do so. If you really wanna meet this guy I could probably set something up...but just to let you know hes into girls so if you are looking for something more, keep lookin.