can i go from warehouse to feeders?

Daf

Where I am you can join feeders or package car within about a year. No one will sign the bids anymore, management has played too many games and beat the crap out of too many drivers.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
My Local has separate seniority practice. The company trains them.

A part-timer would, but still retains vacation weeks.

From what ?

My Local would rather see an existing Union employee advance.

-Bug-
Exactly... our guys and gals first for these jobs before ANY outside hires... especially for feeders...

Indecisi0n

Hey Zeus aka Jesus???
DWnxcyu.gif

Johney

Our bids sheets call for one year safe driving, but we have no problem getting package drivers to sign. Jacksonville hired a bunch of part timers into feeders after exhausting the full-timer lists. Some of these kids coming from Jax barely look 21. As a matter of fact a part timer left our building and went to Jax got rehired and is now in feeders with 25 or so people under him.

Our bids sheets call for one year safe driving, but we have no problem getting package drivers to sign. Jacksonville hired a bunch of part timers into feeders after exhausting the full-timer lists. Some of these kids coming from Jax barely look 21. As a matter of fact a part timer left our building and went to Jax got rehired and is now in feeders with 25 or so people under him.
You are just old....

drepop

my brother in law went right into feeder from full time preload. he never drove a package car. after i bid on a clerk job from preload i was still on the feeder list and was asked as well a few years after he went.

really? you and he are the first ones I heard so far. you guys were full time though so I wonder if that's why. thanks to all you guys for replying. I spoke to the driver that takes my trailers and he told me again that I should be able to go from sorter to feeder. gave me a number to talk to the head of feeders. ill call and ask for him but I doubt he'll talk to me.

thanks again guys. I should be going to school for package car on Friday.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Go to HR in your building and submit a letter of intention. Depending on your particular building they could be hiring for feeders. We are bringing drivers in hand over fist lately. Can't get full timers to come out so they've been bringing out PTers and off the street hires. Every building is different