Can someone define 6th punch/6th report?

bigmistake

I've heard of this term recently. It seems pretty cut and dry, you work 6 days in a week it's time and a half. Is it contractually stipulated somewhere? Who does it apply to?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I've heard of this term recently. It seems pretty cut and dry, you work 6 days in a week it's time and a half. Is it contractually stipulated somewhere? Who does it apply to?

It's to my knowledge contractually stipulated, however local supplements will rule on who gets it. In New England, only FT'ers get 6th punch overtime during Nov and Dec.

robot

Has A Large Member
I once worked Tuesday through Sunday. I thought it was going to be a sixth punch but they told me it had to be 6 days in the same week.

hypocrisy

Banned
I once worked Tuesday through Sunday. I thought it was going to be a sixth punch but they told me it had to be 6 days in the same week.

The whole reason it's not "Saturday o/t pay, Sunday 2x pay" is to avoid what happened to you. For example, if I bid a m-friend run next week but went on a sleeper run sat/sun; Thursday would be 6th day (O/T) pay and Friday would be 7th day (2x pay). We love doing that in Feeders, you have to bring a wheelbarrow to get your paycheck home.

What they did was mistake the pay period (Sun-Sat) for the 6th and 7th day work rule. In the above example they put it all on the same fat check.

robot

Has A Large Member
Yeah I didn't want to come in on Sunday. I thought I was safe getting my 5 punches already. Thing was everybody and their mother called in on mother's day and I still had like 8.5 hours left on my dot hours. Sucked!!!!