Can they fire you over production?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
You were forced? Wow Dave must have really complained a ton more than usual. Next they will outlaw the word Nancy for him... oh wait they already did that. ;)
i don't put anyone on ignore and I don't like being forced to even put Dave on my list. If I wanted to do it I would

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
One of my trucks has 300 pieces daily and half of them are huge boxes that I can only carry one at a time. I come 10 minutes early every day to get a head start because if I don't I'll be playing catch up the whole day. Not complaining, just telling how things are. The thing that probably :censored2: me off the most was that she was comparing me to others who had lighter loads than me. Rant over
you better be on the clock for all the work you perform or else no one here will want to help you.

and no, they can not discipline you on production. if she tries then get a shop steward. get used to managers having no or little integrity at UPS.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
And they will literally look the other way when getting some stiff working for free
of course . i saw that all the time in feeder. guys could BS all day on the clock if they didn't do a pretrip or post-trip and drove 10 mph over the speed limit all day on their runs. one guy bragged that he was putting his kid thru college by BSing in the break room while on the clock everyday.

let a " by the book" kind of driver ( which is actually better for the company liability wise ) try that. they would be called into the office and accused of stealing time.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I get it, but i'm doing it for my benefit. It makes my day significantly easier.
Blah blah blah....I used to think that too. Until I realized that my benefit becomes their benefit. If all the loaders will come in early for free.....there's no sense pushing back their start times and PAYING them to come in early. Do not work off the clock.

In addition....be prepared to be disciplined if you get hurt while loading off the clock.

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Don't let strangers on the Internet tell you how to do your job. If you feel more comfortable coming in a few minutes early then by all means continue doing so. Just keep in mind that you are working for free.

You cannot be fired for getting hurt while working off the clock as you are covered whenever you are on property.
So if i trip walking through the ups parking lot while heading into the building for my shift and sprain an ankle....that's covered under comp? I've heard different.

1Simplemann

Op, Ask your steward what's his and the union's opinion on you working off the clock. These guys are telling you the truth. Everyone has a bad a day. Your OK. They can't fire you for performance. If they start banging on you, ask for a meeting w/ your steward present.