Can they make you go into supervision

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yeah no "just cause" protection would suck - I'm not sure what the "mess up" would have to be
You need to basically do the same things that would get an hourly fired.

Everybody makes it out like they will walk a supervisor out for any little thing. It's not that simple to fire a supervisor, there is just less bureaucracy than with a union employee.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You need to basically do the same things that would get an hourly fired.

Everybody makes it out like they will walk a supervisor out for any little thing. It's not that simple to fire a supervisor, there is just less bureaucracy than with a union employee.

Or tell them next stop Bismarck

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Force you into management so they can more easily fire you.

Yeah no "just cause" protection would suck - I'm not sure what the "mess up" would have to be
in some ways it's easier to fire a FT driver and make it stick than to fire a FT sup

i honestly can't even think of the last sup i've seen fired, aside from fixing timecards or just not coming in anymore

drivers go out the door much more

AlliSeeisBrown

They can absolutely force you to go into management. You absolutely have to obey or I believe they will relocate you to clean the toilets after the twilight shift is done blowing them up. Trust me.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
in some ways it's easier to fire a FT driver and make it stick than to fire a FT sup

i honestly can't even think of the last sup i've seen fired, aside from fixing timecards or just not coming in anymore

You should come to Roswell, where you need to take your shoes off to count the combined terminations and resignations in 2017 alone.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

And, come back much, much more.

They can't make you but......

if you've messed up real bad they can give you a choice:

a) go into management or;
b) be unemployed.

I've seen it 2 or 3 times.

When I started, our preload sup said he was first interviewed and first in line because of shipping receiving at xyz, blah blah, everyone can do great things and advance like he has for consistent, solid and honest work.

I find out a few months later he was screwing up so badly in the evening sort that they gave him the option for preload sup or leave.

He's just now getting his job together and it's 6 months later. I think they realize unload sucks because of him, not the staffing, especially since the new unload sup had them out by 7 and skeleton crew wrapping cars by 730.

There's another useless sup from that shift. I'm surprised he can put his own pants or shoes on. He was the most disliked person after the current sup. Now he's preload management.

LOL

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
When I started, our preload sup said he was first interviewed and first in line because of shipping receiving at xyz, blah blah, everyone can do great things and advance like he has for consistent, solid and honest work.

I find out a few months later he was screwing up so badly in the evening sort that they gave him the option for preload sup or leave.

He's just now getting his job together and it's 6 months later. I think they realize unload sucks because of him, not the staffing, especially since the new unload sup had them out by 7 and skeleton crew wrapping cars by 730.

There's another useless sup from that shift. I'm surprised he can put his own pants or shoes on. He was the most disliked person after the current sup. Now he's preload management.

LOL
Some people have different strengths. I know preloads sups who were complete crap but fantastic on twilight or dispatch. The job takes time to get down. Nobody walks in and it just clicks.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Some people have different strengths. I know preloads sups who were complete crap but fantastic on twilight or dispatch. The job takes time to get down. Nobody walks in and it just clicks.
Oh forgive me, you thought I was just another idiot driver? Lol No warning letters or firings in 30 years. Proud to say I'm a circle of honor driver as well.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Oh forgive me, you thought I was just another idiot driver? Lol No warning letters or firings in 30 years. Proud to say I'm a circle of honor driver as well.
tenor.gif