Can they really fire you over this?

PrimeUPS

Not necessarily, if that sort or building is KETER targeted - a verbal DOK failure would most assuredly lead to discipline.
They did not know their DOK. Considered it a safety issue and they were let go along with their supervisors.

That's not unheard of, I've seen several managers express the same sentiment as yours in getting fired or demoted before retirement/promotion over a Keter or Hub Assessment.

To those of you saying hourlies don't care about DOK's, that is precisely why management would walk DOK failures out the door. If you don't care and don't pass and it's just a grade for management, I don't see too many managers risking it for you. The DOK is easily and has been heavily simplified, just learn it and get it over with every 30 days.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

What does it cost to hire, train and retain an employee, especially a supervisor?
An hourly I would say probably costs 500 bucks to get them to an acceptable level. To make them really useful probably closer to 1000-1500.
Where was the union for the hourly employees?
Who knows. I'm not in the hub so I don't know the details. I just remember getting the e-mail warning us that there would be issues processing volume for several weeks as they get people trained and online.

oldngray

nowhere special

1. You need to understand to execute

verb (used with object), executed, executing.
    to carry out; accomplish:
    to execute a plan or order.
    to perform or do:
    to execute a maneuver; to execute a gymnastic feat.
    to inflict capital punishment on; put to death according to law.
    to murder; assassinate.
    to produce in accordance with a plan or design:
    a painting executed by an unknown artist.
    to perform or play (a piece of music).
    Law.
    1. to give effect or force to (a law, decree, judicial sentence, etc.).
    2. to carry out the terms of (a will).
    3. to transact or carry through (a contract, mortgage, etc.) in the manner prescribed by law; complete and give validity to (a legal instrument) by fulfilling the legal requirements, as by signing or sealing.
    Computers. to run (a program or routine) or to carry out (an instruction in a program).

It does not say understand.