Can We Take Longer Than 30 Minutes For Lunch?

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
We get approval for personal time closed out as unpaid lunch if necessary. Some drivers took their lunch as by their cba and then asked to code out more "lunch" to watch their son or daughter play ball on area at a school function on the way back to the building. We've never had an issue getting approval was long as it's unpaid and we don't delay feeders from pulling..

iruhnman630

By choice? It is probably up to local management. They are not obligated to allow it but If you really need the time, most of them aren't so heartless as to not allow it as long as you make commitments, get the volume back and code the time properly.

Don't make a habit out of it and don't drive too far off area.

But always demand to be paid for extra downtime due to lack of work or waiting for pickups. Just communicate by diad message.

barnyard

KTM rider
I do it to see my dentist. I request an 8 hour day, get there, go on break, then meal, however long it takes is how long I am on meal. It is unpaid time, so what difference does it make?

ManInBrown

Like with everything else, runner gunners can do whatever they want. I’ve seen drivers be put on notice of suspension for going over one minute on meal.

rod

Retired 22 years
As long as it didn't interfere with your pickups we could---but you better mark it down as "personal time" or your ass would be hanging. I did it all the time for dentist appointments and stuff like that.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
It was okay at my hub as long as you had empties and a driver wasnt waiting for tractor.I used to take 2-3 hour meals on a friday night/saturday morning. just tosleep soI wouldnt have to sleep all day saturday .

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
By choice? It is probably up to local management. They are not obligated to allow it but If you really need the time, most of them aren't so heartless as to not allow it as long as you make commitments, get the volume back and code the time properly.

Don't make a habit out of it and don't drive too far off area.

But always demand to be paid for extra downtime due to lack of work or waiting for pickups. Just communicate by diad message.
No one can define that from one local to another. We've dealt with this before. It can be labeled a dishonesty issue.
Get permission thru the diad board and be specific about where you're going, why you're going off area, and when you'll be back on area. Don't assume anything. Someone runs into your pc off area or takes a pic of your truck parked off area and posts it on Facebook...the variables are endless.