1 hour lunch changed to 30 minute (supplemental)

rod

Retired 22 years
My lunch break is unpaid, so I don’t follow that logic at all. In fact, the only way I donate my time is if I’m sitting in a dirty smelly truck FOR FREE when I could be literally anywhere else.

“But muh more jobs”

Don’t care, seethe and cope. I’ve been in the union for almost 10 years and just this month they managed to get a contract that didn’t totally suck. Meanwhile my dividend checks come in every quarter, and will continue to come long after the pension fund digs itself into a hole it can’t climb out of.
What kind of crappy contract are you under? We always had something like 42 minutes of lunch as paid time. If you didn't take it you were donating it to the company (and yes we had a few runners who did that daily).

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
@govols019 why you given me a thumbs down on the BC? Im just conveying words of a sup. How dare you shmear my reputation.
2226F1B7-DB8F-43C0-97F5-D83B139429AF.jpeg

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
When they load me up with add/cuts to the point where it’s comically obvious that they want me to have a bad day (often). Jokes on them, they always send help or cover pickups.
Right on brother I do the same 🧔‍♂️✊
Too many runner scaredy cats will bring it before 8:30. Management finally gave up on crushing me .
✊🧔‍♂️

Phillip J Fry

sobbing between stops
It's hard for me to fathom.... that people can be this gullible.

Do you punch out to use the bathroom ?
It's hard for me to fathom.... that people can be this gullible.

Do you punch out to use the bathroom ?
At least two drivers have been fired for this at my center. If you make a delivery and they have a bathroom they don’t care if you use the bathroom. If you break trace to go to a bathroom they want you to punch out as soon as you break trace. If you make a delivery, use the bathroom, buy a drink, you’ll get gigged for it if they catch you.

Manifesto

At least two drivers have been fired for this at my center. If you make a delivery and they have a bathroom they don’t care if you use the bathroom. If you break trace to go to a bathroom they want you to punch out as soon as you break trace. If you make a delivery, use the bathroom, buy a drink, you’ll get gigged for it if they catch you.
No way those firings held up if you're talking about the bathroom thing. I'm in the country when I take my lunch and I always break when I'm closest to the nearest small town. Usually no more than 2 miles. No way am I clocking out at that point where i break trace whether I'm breaking to use the restroom or use the restroom followed by lunch. There's always more to the story as always if guys are getting fired for that.

What'dyabringmetoday???

He pretends this stuff does not happen. It might tarnish his tough guy image...

Phillip J Fry

sobbing between stops
Im just sayin the sups try this. Im not the one to fall for it. I go on break the second im not behind the wheel.
It’s one of the ways I’ve seen a firing actually stick. Granted it was in combination with other BS like me
No way those firings held up if you're talking about the bathroom thing. I'm in the country when I take my lunch and I always break when I'm closest to the nearest small town. Usually no more than 2 miles. No way am I clocking out at that point where i break trace whether I'm breaking to use the restroom or use the restroom followed by lunch. There's always more to the story as always if guys are getting fired for that.
If they’re not getting on you about it I wouldn’t either. (For starters the real reason he was fired was because he was 1.5 sometimes 2 over every day) It wasn’t the only thing they used to fire them. Honestly, I’m not too familiar with one, but the second one it was his second ”ethics violation”. His first “ethics violation“ was falsifying records a few years ago. He had a stop that was delivered to an unmanned parts shack a mile from the office. He would go deliver and drive back to the office and get a last name. During a ride along the sup told him, “we ain’t got time for this, see if they’ll let you just leave them.“ so he talks to Jim-bob and Jim-bob says yeah that’s fine just put my name down and don’t worry about coming to the office. Fast forward a year or something customer says they didn’t get a pkg. UPS says jim-bob signed for it. Jims not taking responsibility for it. Sup has absolutely no earthly idea what he’s talking about. He was suspended 1.5 months for falsifying records.

21Savage

They only do that petty :censored2: if they don't like you. If you give them a reason not to like you then don't be shocked when that happens