1 hour lunch changed to 30 minute (supplemental)

Staydryitsraining

At least two drivers have been fired for this at my center. If you make a delivery and they have a bathroom they don’t care if you use the bathroom. If you break trace to go to a bathroom they want you to punch out as soon as you break trace. If you make a delivery, use the bathroom, buy a drink, you’ll get gigged for it if they catch you.
Did either one get Osha involved or sue? There is zero chance someone who fought being forced to punch out to go to the bathroom wouldn't win.

rod

Retired 22 years
They only do that petty :censored2: if they don't like you. If you give them a reason not to like you then don't be shocked when that happens
I'll let you in on a little secret----they don't like anyone. If you think they like you it's only because you are a runner-gunner. They secretly hate suck ups and will stab you in the back the first chance they get.

Cowboy Mac

They call that time theft In my center, if you don’t punch out as soon as you break trace. I think think this is illegal, you’re operating a vehicle not resting the DOT requirement isn't met. Somebody sue UPS and let me know how it goes.
There’s no DOT requirement for a 30 minute meal unless you travel outside 150 air miles and are driving more than 8 hours behind the wheel, not delivering.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
They only do that petty :censored2: if they don't like you. If you give them a reason not to like you then don't be shocked when that happens
Typical human behavior. Predictable and correctable (on both sides). Who wants conflict, anger and anxiety every day at work? Not me!

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Looks like my supplement(Atlantic) changed from a 1 hour to only a 30 minute. Oof. Verbage to request a 1 hour two days in advance.. How is this logical when we never know our dispatch day to day.

View attachment 440655
If you want to take an hour every day, request it for the length of the contract. The company will not say no because they know that you will give away at least part of it on most days. Even if it is only 5 minutes, they get that over the life of the contract. I haven't heard anyone complain since many years ago that we were able to change it.

Cowboy Mac

no way in hell I’m taking it that late. I’d like to make it uncomfortable for them, not me.
Not sure where you’re at but here in South Texas in the summertime we try to take lunch in the hottest part of the day. Or split it up.

I like the Southern TA when it comes to meal because it will allow us to save 15 minutes for after the 8th hour now. So at 6 PM when the heat index is 115 degrees I can be inside eating ice cream.

Thebrownblob

Not sure where you’re at but here in South Texas in the summertime we try to take lunch in the hottest part of the day. Or split it up.

I like the Southern TA when it comes to meal because it will allow us to save 15 minutes for after the 8th hour now. So at 6 PM when the heat index is 115 degrees I can be inside eating ice cream.
I’m in Central we only have to take a half hour

Thebrownblob

You mean guys who hate their wife and kids hiding at work?
🧔‍♂️✊
You mean this guy?
1691170639810.jpeg