Can we talk about it now???

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This picture says it all.
Why does this company continue to run these antiquated vehicles?
Safety first???...not even close.
What's wrong with this picture???
What could be different?
Plenty
c7b0b6d2518e04557063f211b48229ae

People let you have it but your one of the few that tell it like it is. Love u bubble

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I can take pictures of 12 vehicles lined up that look just like this, all with keyless entry and telematics. Two point seat belts, non powersteering, unleaded GM's, hand rail causes end range motion for anyone less than 6ft to enter/exit vehicle, and a first step into the vehicle higher then a 6ft persons kneecap. Good news is looks like they replaced the turn signal with LED's.

I tell my wife every day if I get hurt or killed in a ups vehicle with a 2 point seat belt sue the living **** out of them no excuse for this at this point.

clarnzz

I tell my wife every day if I get hurt or killed in a ups vehicle with a 2 point seat belt sue the living **** out of them no excuse for this at this point.

How about refusing to drive a vehicle you believe is unsafe. I'm sure your wife would prefer you alive to a lawsuit. At least I think so, you seem like a good guy. :)

JonFrum

The latest development in seat belt safety is for the air bag to be included within the length of the belt so when triggered, the belt itself inflates to restrain you better and prevent injuries from the belt itself. We'll be getting these any century now.

clarnzz

The latest development in seat belt safety is for the air bag to be included within the length of the belt so when triggered, the belt itself inflates to restrain you better and prevent injuries from the belt itself. We'll be getting these any century now.

The first power steering system was installed in 1876, you may be optimistic.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
That looks like sweet truck (108862) don't those have power stearing low step and are automatic!!!!!!

Nope.

Power steering started with the 113xxx series. 3 point belts were not installed until the day that they became a legal requirement in 1995.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Why wouldn't they spend another $800 to install a highback seat and a three point seatbelt, not to mention power steering and breaks???

Because a dead or permanently crippled driver can be replaced by a new hire who will be in progression for 3 yrs and only have 2 weeks per year of paid vacation versus the 5, 6 or 7 weeks of a high seniority driver. Dont think they havent done the math.

Johney

I hate to say it, but they are most likely following the rules the DOT has in place at the time of this accident. Look at it this way.. they can build cars like tanks but it would cost more and if the Government doesn't require it they aren't going to do it. Same goes for UPS. Old cars built before a certain year don't even require seat belts. I hate to say it but I bet they are within the law required. Does that make it right? Hell no! They should go above and beyond to make us safe, but do they have too? Maybe by law no.UPS is a buisness and sadly enough if it only cost them a bad accident here and there due to not above DOT safety standards...well you get the point.

It getting to be that time where you can give your local unions proposals for your local supplement. You should go to these proposal meetings and request language about these safety issues and the age of the vehicles.

just_a_number

The car number looks like this vehicle was made in the mid to late 80s. Manual steering, high step, lap belt, probably a GMC. Fiberglass roof hitting a telephone pole, I don't see how either type of seatbelt would have made much of a difference. I can't figure out from this picture what caused the driver's leg injuries.

Lookin at the steering wheel and the drivers area bein mangled might explain it

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It getting to be that time where you can give your local unions proposals for your local supplement. You should go to these proposal meetings and request language about these safety issues and the age of the vehicles.
Our first meeting is this coming Saturday.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Let them know hat you want. Try and tell your coworkers to show up and let them know what they want.
I want them to beef up the pension fund, I'm past caring about anything else. If I gotta spend the next three years delivering from a little red wagon hooked to the back of a bicycle it's all good as long as there's a pile of money at the end.

OptimusPrime

I drive a dinosaur with just a lap belt. Don't think it hasn't crossed my mind that if someone texting or something crosses the middle line, I am a goner. We had a PCM the other day about a driver injured in a car with no power steering. Messed up his shoulder. DING DING DING!! He apparently forgot to stretch!