Can you get fired if you lost your dollie somewhere doing deliveries?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
There was such a problem with people "borrowing" hand carts in our building, they put a shipping container outside the door with a long bar welded into it so that you could lock up your dolly every night. I had mine bounce out of my passenger side door once while going down the road. They stop rolling eventually.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
There was such a problem with people "borrowing" hand carts in our building, they put a shipping container outside the door with a long bar welded into it so that you could lock up your dolly every night.

Yep.

There are drivers that chain up and lock their hand carts every night.

Some routes have 2 different ones, because of delivery locations and the possibility

they could have a different truck and couldn't run their route without them.

Oh wait a minute. I just realized this thread is about hand carts.
8GKe7dKbWhMY0.gif

CoffeeStainedUniform

I lost my cart. I tracked it to three houses in the neighborhood before I got it back. "If I have to report it stolen I won't be allowed to deliver here anymore" works really well.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I left mine at a strip mall. Went back to the stop and the girls in the travel agency were riding it and taking pictures. I was kind of a big deal on that route.

Zowert

I doubt it. I left a hand truck at a lumber yard, I grabbed a new one the next day. The old one is still sitting in their warehouse, I have yet to pick up. I’ll get around to it though. If you can find it cool. If not don’t sweat it. Just be honest about it. Stuff happens.