Can you get full time position while you’re a seasonal driver

EJJ

UPS Package Car Driver
Is it possible to become a ft feeder/package car driver while you’re a temporary seasonal driver during peak?

EJJ

UPS Package Car Driver
No, but if they like you, they may keep you after said peak.

That’s cool. I was just curious because I’m moving over 150 miles away from my center n I tried to put in a transfer but I’m number 33 to go to the building that’s close to my new house so I was thinking about doing that instead.

upschuck

That’s cool. I was just curious because I’m moving over 150 miles away from my center n I tried to put in a transfer but I’m number 33 to go to the building that’s close to my new house so I was thinking about doing that instead.
Ouch, good luck

EJJ

UPS Package Car Driver
Ouch, good luck

I really don’t have a choice I to resign and just n pray n hope I can come in as a temporary seasonal driver n they hire me full time

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
Yeah Ik..is there anything you guys can recommend?
My local contract has instate transfer but you drop to the bottom of the list besides vacation weeks. If it’s out of state it’s school or marriage there might be some other clauses such as family hardship

EJJ

UPS Package Car Driver
I asked my union rep and he said there’s no hardships period. So I was like dang it.

Nj187

My building is literally hiring people off the street for full time driver positions. No peak season working. We have a driver or two going to feeder school after only two years making book... idk about other buildings. My building is the second biggest in NJ I believe as well.

EJJ

UPS Package Car Driver
My building is literally hiring people off the street for full time driver positions. No peak season working. We have a driver or two going to feeder school after only two years making book... idk about other buildings. My building is the second biggest in NJ I believe as well.

Dang that’s awesome