Can you retire under this contract? Y/N

StackedOut’n’Vibing

cardboard peasant
My wife and I hold 60-70 long positions and use options (puts and calls) (buy and sell) to hedge our investments. When you get on the right side it seems like stealing. When you get caught it's important to admit it and take the hit. In 20ish years of investing this way, our returns are better than the average and protected against the big hit. To me it's mental exercise.
very cool, don’t bother shorting ever? How do you break up your portfolio? Do you keep track of correlation when having so many individual stocks?

I have learned the hard way the importance of risk management lol. Suppose that’s how most people do.

The markets are the most interesting puzzle in the world.

Up In Smoke

very cool, don’t bother shorting ever? How do you break up your portfolio? Do you keep track of correlation when having so many individual stocks?

I have learned the hard way the importance of risk management lol. Suppose that’s how most people do.

The markets are the most interesting puzzle in the world.
We hold stocks from all 11 "sectors" of the market. We are 40-50% in the market, 25% treasuries and 25%private equity (higher cost investment)

100%

If you just said “where else could it go but up?”

What are you trying to say? Will it go up or down from here?

I can guarantee it will be up from here .. at some point in the future. I can’t guarantee it will be up in a day or a week..but it always seems to rise in the long term

What is your investment plan for the future? Do you have one?
Yes when you have to start over, it goes up. My investment plan has me retiring 25 years and out. Under 50 years old, but you’ve already decided in your head I don’t know what I’m talking about so why ask me?

Re-Raise

Yes when you have to start over, it goes up. My investment plan has me retiring 25 years and out. Under 50 years old, but you’ve already decided in your head I don’t know what I’m talking about so why ask me?
Is your plan a secret?

I hope it doesn’t involve any math

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
What about healthcare?

Sounds good...How many more years do you have to hit 50?

At least you have a plan...Life as it is there is always going to be events that will adjust your retirement plans. If you are lucky enough to be under the right conference That goal of retiring under 50 at 25 years is plausible.

Getting affordable Health and Welfare coverages after retirement is very important. It is one of the driving issues on why I haven’t retired yet, one major health problem can wipe out your years of investments easily. Even with retiring with Healthcare the entities involved can can the rules and co-pays at any time between contracts. I wish there would be a law or even language that would grandfather the current retirees from any future cost increases.

Sounds good...How many more years do you have to hit 50?

At least you have a plan...Life as it is there is always going to be events that will adjust your retirement plans. If you are lucky enough to be under the right conference That goal of retiring under 50 at 25 years is plausible.

Getting affordable Health and Welfare coverages after retirement is very important. It is one of the driving issues on why I haven’t retired yet, one major health problem can wipe out your years of investments easily. Even with retiring with Healthcare the entities involved can can the rules and co-pays at any time between contracts. I wish there would be a law or even language that would grandfather the current retirees from any future cost increases.
If you don't have good health care coverage it can take you broke

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Is your plan a secret?

I hope it doesn’t involve any math
Screenshot_20221020_120702.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
what's to say there will even be a 25 and out plan when you get there/