Can you retire under this contract? Y/N

100%

Yes and I remember in 2007-2008 when some of the older guys were talking about losing a bunch of money it scared a lot of the younger guys who said I’m not even going to put any money in my 401(k) which is a huge mistake in my opinion. Not everyone’s investment strategy nor amount of time they have is the same.
I’m not a younger guy and I knew then to not put my money in the 401k Ponzi scheme.

Over70irregs

Exactly. I am by no means a financial guru. I’ve never changed anything with mine since I started. Have I made as much as I could have? Probably not but I’ve been fine with it for the 30 years I’ve invested in it until the last two years.
If you have done well for 30 years that is great odds. We were allowed to take $ out a few years ago penalty free.

Johney

If you have done well for 30 years that is great odds. We were allowed to take $ out a few years ago penalty free.
I believe that was Covid related right? I know a couple guys I worked with withdrew a bunch. I can actually start taking without penalties at 57 because I’m retired. Not going to yet but I can.

Thebrownblob

Thanks Dave
1666278360169.gif