Can you retire under this contract? Y/N

Over70irregs

Just run this direction. I’m sure your retirement can be saved. Lol
1666347902006.png

Re-Raise

The recession is just getting started. The last 2 years had trillions of printed market thrown into the Economy. Where else could it go but up? Smh 😂
If you just said “where else could it go but up?”

What are you trying to say? Will it go up or down from here?

I can guarantee it will be up from here .. at some point in the future. I can’t guarantee it will be up in a day or a week..but it always seems to rise in the long term

What is your investment plan for the future? Do you have one?

Re-Raise

It's a little deceptive. That chart shows a month for month return change from 2020 to 2022.
1F57E0B1-26E8-42DA-966E-3270EF18BE28.png

The SP was at about 4393 six months ago and it stands at 3665 today. That is a drop of 725 points

725/4393. = 16.5%

Does this guy really feel that stocks have fallen 69% in 4 months??
Damn I might even panic if that were true!!

Re-Raise

When the Fed announced they were turning off the free money, that was everyone's signal to reset the retirement accounts.
Okay

Depends what time period you are looking at if you should be in equities.

My parents have well over seven figures in Certificates of Deposit. The interest for CDs has gone from .4 % to 3.2% locally for a one year CD. Rising interest rates because of the fed have actually helped conservative investors

Last edited:

Up In Smoke

June 16th of 2021 the Fed announced plans to move up rate hikes from 2024 to 2023 because of inflation from the 2020 money dump was starting to strain supply chains. The next day, the Dow dropped 1% and the market was not properly prepared for a faster and more aggressive plan by the Fed. We all know what happened, inflation has gotten worse and the Fed had to again rethink it's timeline. Companies with inflated P/Es and poor balance sheets have gotten beat up pretty bad.

Re-Raise

June 16th of 2021 the Fed announced plans to move up rate hikes from 2024 to 2023 because of inflation from the 2020 money dump was starting to strain supply chains. The next day, the Dow dropped 1% and the market was not properly prepared for a faster and more aggressive plan by the Fed. We all know what happened, inflation has gotten worse and the Fed had to again rethink it's timeline. Companies with inflated P/Es and poor balance sheets have gotten beat up pretty bad.
All true

Everyone freaks out about inflation..and the supposedly politically independent Fed is supposed to adjust monetary policy to control it.

The problem with pulling out of equities because of the short term fear of the Fed is…when do you jump back in? It is hard to time it correctly, so I just look long term

Up In Smoke

All true

Everyone freaks out about inflation..and the supposedly politically independent Fed is supposed to adjust monetary policy to control it.

The problem with pulling out of equities because of the short term fear of the Fed is…when do you jump back in? It is hard to time it correctly, so I just look long term
There are a handful of investing triggers that allow the investor to protect themselves from larger market moves. It takes a little commitment and planning, but most everyone can handle it. If you are just buying indexes it's even easier than individual stocks.

Re-Raise

There are a handful of investing triggers that allow the investor to protect themselves from larger market moves. It takes a little commitment and planning, but most everyone can handle it. If you are just buying indexes it's even easier than individual stocks.
Agreed. A lot of people try to make a living timing the markets..some fail miserably at it

StackedOut’n’Vibing

cardboard peasant
Ah yes, when the 50 crosses the 200 EMA with a -30 RSI and MACD divergence and stochastics blah blah blah :P

StackedOut’n’Vibing

cardboard peasant
Stops? Nah just keep averaging down til ya blow up!

I kid though, real men use stops. I suppose it’s a different game if you’re just looking to buy and hold value stocks and live off dividends or something like that.

Up In Smoke

Stops? Nah just keep averaging down til ya blow up!

I kid though, real men use stops. I suppose it’s a different game if you’re just looking to buy and hold value stocks and live off dividends or something like that.
My wife and I hold 60-70 long positions and use options (puts and calls) (buy and sell) to hedge our investments. When you get on the right side it seems like stealing. When you get caught it's important to admit it and take the hit. In 20ish years of investing this way, our returns are better than the average and protected against the big hit. To me it's mental exercise.