canada 150

rickyb

cool:

Harsha Walia‏ @HarshaWalia 59m59 minutes ago

#Canada150 Vancouver ceremonies and anthem DISRUPTED with banner drop and flag burning in front of thousands #Resistance150 #resist150

DDsmKflUMAIoOth.jpg

DDsmLKHVwAAHSfD.jpg

DDsmL9zU0AEyg7b.jpg

DDsmMtkUMAAvYqT.jpg

P

pickup

today i hoped for chaos to wake my fellow canadians from their sleepwalking, but there was none.

Maybe if you posted on some Canadian forums , you can enlighten them as you enlighten us.

You can either start or end such posts with "Wake up, Sheeple."

moreluck

golden ticket member
All inclusive Canada ??????

"Chelsea Manning tweeted Monday that she has been "permanently banned" from Canada due to violations of the Espionage Act stemming from her leak of thousands of classified and unclassified documents to WikiLeaks in 2010. "[Canadian immigration] denied entry [because] of convictions similar to 'treason' offense," Manning wrote.

Seems they draw a line !!

rickyb

All inclusive Canada ??????

"Chelsea Manning tweeted Monday that she has been "permanently banned" from Canada due to violations of the Espionage Act stemming from her leak of thousands of classified and unclassified documents to WikiLeaks in 2010. "[Canadian immigration] denied entry [because] of convictions similar to 'treason' offense," Manning wrote.

Seems they draw a line !!
:censored2: canada.

rickyb

this whole episode is on canadian police brutality. the canadian government blocked manning from entry. the POS trudeau who i didnt vote for, was flirting with ivanka trump. :censored2: canada.

Intercepted Podcast: Live In Toronto

here are some quotes:

"NK: So, things are getting less courageous with time and I think it’s a reminder that we do have options...

....JS: Canada cannot say that its hands are clean of the bloodletting that the U.S. is engaged in around the world. I saw the recent reports of Canadian military assistance and support going to Saudi Arabia, you know, Saudi Arabia is in the process of obliterating the nation of Yemen. It is one of the most anti-Democratic nations in the world, and it is being militarily supported by Trudeau’s government. By Canada. Canada participated in the U.S. kidnapping and torture of Maher Arar at JFK Airport, and never really has fully, no one’s been ever held fully accountable for the kidnapping and torture of Maher Arar.

Canada is deeply involved with American wars across the globe, through these various partnerships with the NSA, with the U.S. military, and just because Canadian boots are not on the ground doesn’t mean that the blood of people across the world isn’t on the Canadian government’s hands, as well.

NK: And the boots, the boots are often on the ground, as they were in Afghanistan, and, you know, even the example that I cited, which is an example I think that as Canadians we should be proud of, it’s not a complete story, because Canada was producing and exporting massive amounts of Agent Orange, even as we were claiming, “Well, you know, we’re not participating in this war.”

So, Canada’s record is, you know, Canada’s marketing pretty consistently doesn’t live up.

rickyb

Behind the Mask of the ‘Moderates’

Mr. Fish / Truthdig

TORONTO—Pity Canada. Its citizens watch the stages of U.S. decline and then, a few years later, inflict on themselves the same cruelties. It is as if the snuffing out of democracy across the globe and the rise of authoritarian regimes are a preordained Greek tragedy and all of us, in spite of our yearning for liberty, must ominously play an assigned part.

Canada is currently in the Barack Obama phase of self-immolation. Its prime minister, Justin Trudeau, is—as Obama was—a fresh face with no real political past or established beliefs, a brand. Trudeau excels, like Obama, French President Emmanuel Macron, Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and German Chancellor Angela Merkel, in empty symbolism. These “moderates” spew progressive and inclusive rhetoric while facilitating social inequality, a loss of rights and the degradation of the environment by global corporations. They are actors in skillfully crafted corporate advertisements.

“Liberal democracy is bifurcating, giving rise to two new regime forms: ‘illiberal democracy,’ or democracy without rights, and ‘undemocratic liberalism,’ or rights without democracy,” writes political theorist Yascha Mounk.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
15F506CC-81D2-4DAE-92C5-3367AFF1C419.gif
Behind the Mask of the ‘Moderates’

Mr. Fish / Truthdig

TORONTO—Pity Canada. Its citizens watch the stages of U.S. decline and then, a few years later, inflict on themselves the same cruelties. It is as if the snuffing out of democracy across the globe and the rise of authoritarian regimes are a preordained Greek tragedy and all of us, in spite of our yearning for liberty, must ominously play an assigned part.

Canada is currently in the Barack Obama phase of self-immolation. Its prime minister, Justin Trudeau, is—as Obama was—a fresh face with no real political past or established beliefs, a brand. Trudeau excels, like Obama, French President Emmanuel Macron, Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and German Chancellor Angela Merkel, in empty symbolism. These “moderates” spew progressive and inclusive rhetoric while facilitating social inequality, a loss of rights and the degradation of the environment by global corporations. They are actors in skillfully crafted corporate advertisements.

“Liberal democracy is bifurcating, giving rise to two new regime forms: ‘illiberal democracy,’ or democracy without rights, and ‘undemocratic liberalism,’ or rights without democracy,” writes political theorist Yascha Mounk.

vantexan

No, Ricky will still come here on his HIGH horse.

Not only is it illegal to ship in the US, the post office cannot deliver or pick up mail to them.
The irony: Canada legalized lot and Ricky's too poor to buy it. Down with capitalism! A chicken in every pot! Some pot in every chicken!

rickyb

The irony: Canada legalized lot and Ricky's too poor to buy it. Down with capitalism! A chicken in every pot! Some pot in every chicken!
legal pot is alot more expensive than the stuff off the streets in some provinces.

i only know 1 guy who makes his own alcohol, and im not sure he still does it.

its good they legalized it; no more locking up minorities for non violent possession crimes.

rickyb

so theres a real french man who runs a crepe place down the block.

i asked him which country has a higher standard of living? maybe unsuprisingly, with thier 6+ weeks paid vacation a year, and 35 hours work week (or less in southern france), he said france has a higher standard of living than canada.

he said food here is cheaper but lower quality (ditto for US food obviously).

he pays $1 / mth for unlimited text long distance and calling on his french phone plan. thats unheard of here. i pay $10 and i dont get any of those, and i just abused a corporate representative and got a $10 credit.

he says flights are cheaper, said $20 or $30 round trip to go from france to italy, spain, germany. i just looked it up it worked out to 10x as much here compared to france.

i think most interesting for canada is alot of people have taken on alot of debt as our debt to income is about 170%. so im guessing it will be a disaster when the economy goes to :censored2:s. the store owner said he thinks alot of people are using credit cards / too much credit. he says in france you have one card, but its your money thats on it, your not borrowing.

a different day, he compared afghanistan to america with the mass shootings....im pretty sure afghanistan is not comparable to america.

Future

Victory Ride
ACF0FB49-A5B6-4430-B21C-B72F88457ED4.jpeg

My Father served in the Canadian Army during WW2 .....he was 16 .... lied about his age 2 join (back then it was easy 2 do) ....was involved in the invasion of Normandy ...as well as Germany and Italy.....