Canadian overgoods?

FMX

Anyone know where the Canadian overgoods end up? I know the U.S. overgoods end up at auction-land / ebay but does the same thing happen with the Canadian overgoods? Thanks

Raw

Raw Member
I know a Canadian and he hads shifty eyes. They are a society funded on lies because they call ham Canadian Bacon when they know it's just ham.

jlphotog

I know a Canadian and he hads shifty eyes. They are a society funded on lies because they call ham Canadian Bacon when they know it's just ham.

No Canadian has ever used the term Canadian Bacon (except when talking about the movie by that title). That is something dreamed up by our friends to the south. :tongue_sm

canon

They're also out to jam up our vending machines with their odd looking coins.

jlphotog

They're also out to jam up our vending machines with their odd looking coins.

Shhh! Don't tell anyone but we are slowly taking over your country, one vending machine at a time.

There is a reason we call our $1.00 and $2.00 coins Loonies and Toonies.

canon

Shhh! Don't tell anyone but we are slowly taking over your country, one vending machine at a time.

There is a reason we call our $1.00 and $2.00 coins Loonies and Toonies.
Just the country? We're on to your plans for world domination:

Americans, it is time to stop trying to pass off Canadian coins to unsuspecting charity collectors. It is entirely possible we'll be switching to that currency in the near future.

DS

Fenderbender
canon, that map is awesome,a lot of effort went into it using windows paint or something similar.Trying to write with the mouse is kinda like the old etch a sketch.
We`ve pretty much got Florida already.
Look on the bright side,every one of our 62 provinces will have government sponsored health care.
We will ban handguns and establish a firearms for cash policy,no questions asked.
Amend the "right to bear arms" to read the right to bare breasts
Every American can go to europe with the Canadian flag on thier backpack and everyone wont hate you
Canurth.JPG

trickpony1

Gosh, do ya think there's a reason why America's forefathers chose to include the "right to bear arms" clause in the Constitution?

I may have missed some history classes in high school but I really don't remember Canada leading the charge to liberate France from Hitler's invasion and stopping the conquest of Europe by Hitler.
More recently, I don't recall Canada trying to stop the flow of communism into South Vietnam and turning back Sadam's invasion of Kuwait as well as toppling a dictator in Iraq.

Ya think anyone takes Canada seriously?

jlphotog

Well trick, lets see, Canada started fighting WWII in 1939. I believe Uncle Sam and his boys came in two years later.

Also when Saddam had his people set fire to all those oil wells in Kuwait, it was Canada that put out most of those fires.

And the list continues to this day.

canon

canon, that map is awesome,a lot of effort went into it using windows paint or something similar.Trying to write with the mouse is kinda like the old etch a sketch.
We`ve pretty much got Florida already.
Look on the bright side,every one of our 62 provinces will have government sponsored health care.
We will ban handguns and establish a firearms for cash policy,no questions asked.
Amend the "right to bear arms" to read the right to bare breasts
Every American can go to europe with the Canadian flag on thier backpack and everyone wont hate you
I can't take credit for the map, it's one of the master plans I found out there on the internet. As for amending the right to bear arms to right to bare breasts.... That's a tough one. I can see pros and cons for both... and some cons I would rather not see at all from either camp.

W

What's a Canada?

Well trick, lets see, Canada started fighting WWII in 1939. I believe Uncle Sam and his boys came in two years later.

Also when Saddam had his people set fire to all those oil wells in Kuwait, it was Canada that put out most of those fires.

And the list continues to this day.

Looks like Canadians couldn't pull the freight and required assistance, eh?

In fact, they needed America to come along and do the heavy lifting so they could see how it was done.

As for Kuwait - I recall Red Adair Service and Marine, Global Industries, and Boots and Coots as being the primary players.

None of them are Canadian, though they may have accidentally hired a Canadian at some point.

I'll admit that it's possible a Canadian journalist could have snapped a few shots from a distance of Americans doing the heavy lifting. Again.

Canadas contribution to the world has been people like Howie Mandel or Martin Short or Tommy Chong... the "oops" list goes on and on.

We don't hold it against you. We know you're trying your best.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Your list of Canadian Comedians is totally incomplete....

Try:
John Candy
Steve Martin
Dan Aykroyd
Dave Foley
Phil Hartman
Eugene Levy
Rich Little
Norm MacDonald
Lorne Michaels
Mike Myers
Mort Sahl

C'mon, Canada is our friend and comments to the contrary might tend to upset people. Pretend you are talking to DS (a Canadian) and be respectful to his country. :)

canon

C'mon, Canada is our friend and comments to the contrary might tend to upset people. Pretend you are talking to DS (a Canadian) and be respectful to his country. :)
I would hope people are only joking. I suppose there is some friendly competitive banter just because we are neighbors... kind of like rival highschool sports teams. Canada is one of those places I've always wanted to see, just never have. But it's fun to pick on them a bit... and they're quite good at giving it back. :wink:

Since we're on the topic, there is a site called satirewire.com (still up, but no longer updated). Here are a couple of the articles from there, one is about canada, the other includes canada. Most of the jokes highlight the misconception america has about canada, ultimately laughing at ourselves for being so uninformed about our neighbor to the north. At least that's how I see it.

satirewire.com said:
"Canada Warship Seizes Tanker in Arabian Sea" -- Reuters, Feb. 8, 2002

CANADIAN WARSHIP SEIZES TANKER IN... WAIT...
CANADA HAS A WARSHIP?

Oh Right, and Switzerland Has Nuclear Weapons

Arabian Sea (SatireWire.com) — Canadian television reported Friday that a Canadian warship in the Arabian Sea had seized a tanker suspected of smuggling oil from Iraq, leading many to suspect that the report was a hoax.

"You're kidding, right? Canada has a warship?" asked U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. "Like for war?

"Does Canada know?" he added.

"Nobody was more stunned than we were," said Kali Omari, first mate of the seized vessel. "We saw this frigate steaming toward us, and we were worried, but then we saw the maple leaf on the flag, and we thought, 'Oh, Canadians. What the hell do they want?'"

When an officer of the HMCS Vancouver announced that the tanker was about to be boarded, the crew of the detained ship was confused, said Omari, but their confusion quickly turned to anger when they saw what the Canadians sailors were carrying.

"They were armed. With guns," said Omari. "Canadians. With guns. And a warship. What is this world coming to?"

"They were pretty rude, too," Omari added. "They started asking us all sorts of questions, like 'Where did that oil come from?' But first we wanted to know who gave them the damn warship."

According to Canadian defense officials, the Vancouver is one of four frigates deployed in the region to assist in the U.S.-led Afghanistan conflict. The tanker was stopped, officials said, because its cargo of crude oil violated United Nations sanctions, which prohibit Iraq from selling oil unless in exchange for food and medicine.

The U.N. said the incident is already under investigation, and promised swift action against those found responsible for giving the Canadians guns. Initial findings indicate that the Vancouver crew may have been watching too many American television shows.

satirewire.com said:
ANGERED BY SNUBBING, LIBYA, CHINA
SYRIA FORM AXIS OF JUST AS EVIL

Cuba, Sudan, Serbia Form Axis of Somewhat Evil; Other Nations Start Own Clubs

Beijing (SatireWire.com) — Bitter after being snubbed for membership in the "Axis of Evil," Libya, China, and Syria today announced they had formed the "Axis of Just as Evil," which they said would be way eviler than that stupid Iran-Iraq-North Korea axis President Bush warned of his State of the Union address.

Axis of Evil members, however, immediately dismissed the new axis as having, for starters, a really dumb name. "Right. They are Just as Evil... in their dreams!" declared North Korean leader Kim Jong-il. "Everybody knows we're the best evils... best at being evil... we're the best."

Diplomats from Syria denied they were jealous over being excluded, although they conceded they did ask if they could join the Axis of Evil.

"They told us it was full," said Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

"An Axis can't have more than three countries," explained Iraqi President Saddam Hussein. "This is not my rule, it's tradition. In World War II you had Germany, Italy, and Japan in the evil Axis. So you can only have three. And a secret handshake. Ours is wicked cool."

THE AXIS PANDEMIC

International reaction to Bush's Axis of Evil declaration was swift, as within minutes, France surrendered.

Elsewhere, peer-conscious nations rushed to gain triumvirate status in what became a game of geopolitical chairs. Cuba, Sudan, and Serbia said they had formed the Axis of Somewhat Evil, forcing Somalia to join with Uganda and Myanmar in the Axis of Occasionally Evil, while Bulgaria, Indonesia and Russia established the Axis of Not So Much Evil Really As Just Generally Disagreeable.

With the criteria suddenly expanded and all the desirable clubs filling up, Sierra Leone, El Salvador, and Rwanda applied to be called the Axis of Countries That Aren't the Worst But Certainly Won't Be Asked to Host the Olympics; Canada, Mexico, and Australia formed the Axis of Nations That Are Actually Quite Nice But Secretly Have Nasty Thoughts About America, while Spain, Scotland, and New Zealand established the Axis of Countries That Sometimes Ask Sheep to Wear Lipstick.

"That's not a threat, really, just something we like to do," said Scottish Executive First Minister Jack McConnell.

While wondering if the other nations of the world weren't perhaps making fun of him, a cautious Bush granted approval for most axes, although he rejected the establishment of the Axis of Countries Whose Names End in "Guay," accusing one of its members of filing a false application. Officials from Paraguay, Uruguay, and Chadguay denied the charges.

Israel, meanwhile, insisted it didn't want to join any Axis, but privately, world leaders said that's only because no one asked them.

hoser

Industrial Slob
canadian overgoods end up in Montreal/Dorval. if we want to get rid of a package that we can't quite sort, we put on the overgoods sticker and it will never come back to bother us. that place is like some black hole.

hoser

Industrial Slob
Gosh, do ya think there's a reason why America's forefathers chose to include the "right to bear arms" clause in the Constitution?

I may have missed some history classes in high school but I really don't remember Canada leading the charge to liberate France from Hitler's invasion and stopping the conquest of Europe by Hitler.
More recently, I don't recall Canada trying to stop the flow of communism into South Vietnam and turning back Sadam's invasion of Kuwait as well as toppling a dictator in Iraq.

Ya think anyone takes Canada seriously?
I love my country but I hate my people. I'm the last person that would say that Canada is superior to the USA, because we're not. We're nothing without the USA, as much as Canadian liberals want to deny this. However, as a member of the army reserves, I find the claim that Canada did nothing in WWII not only really off base, but really insulting.

Canada hit France with your boys, too. They fought Juno Beach alone, under British Command. They suffered the most challenges as Juno was the most fortified landing spot (yes, even more fortified than Normandy!) and with extremely challenging terrain to boot. They suffered a 40% casualty rate, yet the made the most progress out of any allied force at the end of D Day. They dove out of aircraft beside American men in Operation Market Garden. They toed the line and fought beside your men, and pretty damn well, considering Canada has 10% of the population of the USA.

Crack open a history textbook (or just go to class) before you make such bold statements again. Our boys are dying for your cause in Afghanistan. Three today. You also forgot that our general was the last man to stay during the Rwanda genocides (a'la Hotel Rwanda) when the American's packed up and vetoed motions through the UN Security Council. But I guess you missed that part from history class as well. Vietnam was a disaster and you know it. The only good thing I can say about liberal prime minister Jean Chretien was that he kept us out of Iraq.

oh, and CANADA WAS THE FIRST COUNTRY TO JOIN THE USA IN THE GULF WAR.
see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_FRICTION

Last edited:

QueenBee

The Cupcake Lady
My parents made me learn the Canadian and Mexican National Anthem and learn about the cultures ..... so not all Americans were raised to see Canadians and other countries the same way :cool: