Cannabis Initiatives

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Nine (9) ballot initiatives were up for vote during the November 8th election.
Arizona narrowly (48 - 52) lost but the other 8 passed.

Will Trump appoint an Attorney general that will respect a State's right to determine cannabis legality?

Christy as AG would not be good for Cannabis reform.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
USA Today Article

American voters widely backed loosening marijuana laws across the country on Tuesday, permitting recreational use on both coasts, and dramatically expanding the number of people who can use pot as medicine or just for fun.

"This is the most important moment in the history of the marijuana legalization movement," said Tom Angell, a spokesman for the pro-legalization Marijuana Majority.

California, Massachusetts, Maine and Nevada voters approved recreational legalization. Arizona voters appeared to have rejected recreational legalization.

On the medical side, Florida, Arkansas, and North Dakota all voted in favor of medical cannabis, and Montana appeared likely to also approve it.

... 29 states will now permit cannabis use for certain medical conditions, including cancer and HIV, and eight will permit recreational use, as does the District of Columbia.

“Most voters do not think otherwise law-abiding citizens should be criminalized for using a product that is much safer than alcohol," said Rob Kampia, the executive director of the pro-legalization Marijuana Policy Project. "There is a general consensus that law enforcement should be fighting serious crimes rather than enforcing failed and deeply unpopular policies.”

newfie

This type of issue I think Trump may be a little more libertarian in thinking. I would not be surprised if he does not chase these issues. he has stated his belief that the states should decid for their selves on other issues.

oldngray

nowhere special
This type of issue I think Trump may be a little more libertarian in thinking. I would not be surprised if he does not chase these issues. he has stated his belief that the states should decid for their selves on other issues.

Trump does seem to believe in states rights so I think this will be a low priority for him.

oldngray

nowhere special
I am hoping.
20% Federal sales tax sounds

If the feds step in then it would be to legalize and tax it throughout the whole country.

That 20% would cost you less than you spend on road trips.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to happen. I see no chance in the next 4 years. Maybe if Trump gets re-elected he might do something about it in his second term but he will busy with other issues for now.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If the feds step in then it would be to legalize and tax it throughout the whole country.

That 20% would cost you less than you spend on road trips.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to happen. I see no chance in the next 4 years. Maybe if Trump gets re-elected he might do something about it in his second term but he will busy with other issues for now.
Executive order

Sportello

You seem to like the illegal smile a lot for a retired management person.

One could surmise that you imbibed before retirement.

Is everyone in HQ stoned?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You seem to like the illegal smile a lot for a retired management person.

One could surmise that you imbibed before retirement.

Is everyone in HQ stoned?
I never imbibed on Sunday - Thursday nights.
I never talked about it at UPS.
I never associated with UPSers when I left work.

I really don't know.
Only a few came out of the woodwork after retirement.
But then, most people's filtering system works better than mine.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Massachusetts now wants to delay the opening of Pot Shops at least one years so that local cities and towns can come up with their own zoning guidelines.