Cannabis Initiatives

trickpony1

California vehicle code defines a “drug” as any substance besides alcohol that could affect a person in a manner that would “impair, to an appreciable degree” his ability to drive normally.

Nicotine and the inhaled carbon monoxide in cigarette smoke produces a "high" or "euphoria" but no one says anything about that.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
BOSTON - Massachusetts lawmakers have voted to delay some key provisions of the state's new recreational marijuana law.

The Legislature, without debate, approved a bill on Wednesday that pushes back by six months several upcoming deadlines in the voter-approved law.

The measure that allows adults to possess and use limited amounts of recreational marijuana and grow up to a dozen pot plants in their homes took effect on Dec. 15. The action by lawmakers does not change that. But it could push back the timeline for retail marijuana sales to begin in the state.

The bill also calls on the state Department of Public Health to commission a statewide study on marijuana use and how legalization of recreational pot will affect public health and safety.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Mysterious illness tied to marijuana use on the rise in states with legal weed

NEW YORK -- For more than two years, Lance Crowder was having severe abdominal pain and vomiting, and no local doctor could figure out why. Finally, an emergency room physician in Indianapolis had an idea.
“The first question he asked was if I was taking hot showers to find relief. When he asked me that question, I basically fell into tears because I knew he had an answer,” Crowder said.

The answer was cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, or CHS. It’s caused by heavy, long-term use of various forms of marijuana. For unclear reasons, the nausea and vomiting are relieved by hot showers or baths.

“They’ll often present to the emergency department three, four, five different times before we can sort this out,” said Dr. Kennon Heard, an emergency room physician in Aurora, Colorado.

CHS can lead to dehydration and kidney failure, but usually resolves within days of stopping drug use. That’s what happened with Crowder, who has been off all forms of marijuana for seven months.

CHS has only been recognized for about the past decade, and nobody knows exactly how many people suffer from it. But as more states move towards the legalization of marijuana, emergency room physicians like Dr. Heard are eager to make sure both doctors and patients have CHS on their radar.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
BOSTON - Massachusetts lawmakers have voted to delay some key provisions of the state's new recreational marijuana law.

The Legislature, without debate, approved a bill on Wednesday that pushes back by six months several upcoming deadlines in the voter-approved law.

The measure that allows adults to possess and use limited amounts of recreational marijuana and grow up to a dozen pot plants in their homes took effect on Dec. 15. The action by lawmakers does not change that. But it could push back the timeline for retail marijuana sales to begin in the state.

The bill also calls on the state Department of Public Health to commission a statewide study on marijuana use and how legalization of recreational pot will affect public health and safety.
And, the most important thing ... figure out how to tax the sale of cannabis products.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I forgot which state it was but they have decided that shops can only sell either Medical or recreational . Not both .
Sellers have a hard choice now .
More sales are by recreational users vs. filling a medical need .

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I forgot which state it was but they have decided that shops can only sell either Medical or recreational . Not both .
Sellers have a hard choice now .
More sales are by recreational users vs. filling a medical need .
Stupid legislators!
That's just going to limit access for medical patients.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Washington State.

The medical shops are required to have at least one state certified medical marijuana consultant on site in order to serve the public.

Not so in the rec shops. They can be in the same town and even be owned by the same company. They just can't be in one location.

They forced the store owners to choose which they wanted to be and then limited the number of certifications they would allow throughout the state.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
chemicals, boy!!
Recreational Chemistry
"Some people do...and some people don't, but its okay, God meant it to be that way." - Dave Matthews

This is a piece of art I commissioned an artist to create and sew on my festy vest.
She and I share rights to it.

View attachment 263769

Based on this song by one of my favorite Jam Bands.
Just like a chicken wired to your brain pan
It's recreational
Recreational Chemistry that's the game plan
It's recreational​

El Correcto

god is dead
Mysterious illness tied to marijuana use on the rise in states with legal weed

NEW YORK -- For more than two years, Lance Crowder was having severe abdominal pain and vomiting, and no local doctor could figure out why. Finally, an emergency room physician in Indianapolis had an idea.
“The first question he asked was if I was taking hot showers to find relief. When he asked me that question, I basically fell into tears because I knew he had an answer,” Crowder said.

The answer was cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, or CHS. It’s caused by heavy, long-term use of various forms of marijuana. For unclear reasons, the nausea and vomiting are relieved by hot showers or baths.

“They’ll often present to the emergency department three, four, five different times before we can sort this out,” said Dr. Kennon Heard, an emergency room physician in Aurora, Colorado.

CHS can lead to dehydration and kidney failure, but usually resolves within days of stopping drug use. That’s what happened with Crowder, who has been off all forms of marijuana for seven months.

CHS has only been recognized for about the past decade, and nobody knows exactly how many people suffer from it. But as more states move towards the legalization of marijuana, emergency room physicians like Dr. Heard are eager to make sure both doctors and patients have CHS on their radar.
I quit smoking because of my job and it :censored2:ed my stomach up after a while. Smoked for about 10 years, mostly for free.

I could of told them that. Sucks but it’s not that bad.